Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Kindness Admin 7,527
13 hours ago, entela said:

The perks of not writing your own music...rihanna and her yearly album releases tease

12 hours ago, entela said:

Points!

Rihanna has writing credits all over anti. Is she a songwriter?

Fame Romance

Some artists start to write more and the more ownership of their music as they mature. Madonna didn't start writing her songs and became a really stunning writer. Rihanna writing a bunch of Anti and Rated R was a big deal. One doesn't have to ONLY write to be a good writer nor to get credit for they do. Gaga didn't produce any of the songs on Chromatica and we know since Joanne she's been taking demos and reworking them more and more. That's OK. Don't just toss everyone aside.

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 7,527

9 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Just another example of an artist putting year+ old songs on their album to get streaming #s :katy_pie: how sad some artists/labels are terrified to let the album just ride on its own merit.

People can sh!t on Gaga’s Chromatica #s but at least it’s f-ing authentic. 1.1B+ and still counting. With no stupid tricks or cheap track additions. Not everyone can do that.

halsey, Ellie Goulding, Selena, Dua, Sam Smith, Camila, Shawn Mendes have all pulled cheap tricks and I’m so glad Gaga doesn’t

I think it's not always a cheap trick. I think it's fine honestly. Like, why orphan a great song? I do think it's sad if a song is forced onto an album it doesn't fit, but that's not always the case. Sam also had their album very delayed which makes it seem worse.

Anyway, super excited for their album cause I loved all the others.

4 hours ago, HitTheBoat said:

what kind of boost should we expect for ROM tomorrow? way bigger than SC's I think

I'm a little nervous it won't be too great (relatively) because Ari has so many other big songs, but hopefully it's at least a 200k-300k boost.

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 7,527
37 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I’m convinced half of you are deaf with how you’re describing the song. It’s Stupid Love all over again.

spacer.png

Stupid Love was iconic for me from the first listen. 

I have to admit, I don't instantly love Positions like I did NTLTC and TUN, but it might grow on me. Can't really tell what she's saying most of the time though, haha.

• paws up 2