Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,762
44 minutes ago, 0707alp said:

Too bad her version took months to come out. She could have had a hit

Lmao no, she's just like one of those BGT or the voice contestants, they have a cute moment and then they have even less longevity than of the Chromatica era restarts. 

God the fanbase over rating her was annoying! 

• paws up 1

2 hours ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Lmao no, she's just like one of those BGT or the voice contestants, they have a cute moment and then they have even less longevity than of the Chromatica era restarts. 

God the fanbase over rating her was annoying! 

I meant if she released this when she went super viral she could have got something. Why the hate ?

• thanks 2

17 hours ago, Nemanja said:

#1 for sure, i think top 10 is not strong 

17 hours ago, PanPikus said:

#1 very likely. H100 points are now the weakest since years. Ariana rules the streaming game. And radio deal would be the cherry on top. 

17 hours ago, Fame Romance said:

I mean it’ll obviously be #1 this week on hype alone, the power her name holds :bradley:

The question is if it’ll have longevity and it’ll depend on the song and how it sticks with the GP.

Yaaassss, you know it :crowned:

Queen Ari, let's hope the stong sticks with the GP

I can already see the headlines: Ariana Grande is the first artist ever to have 5 debuts at #1 on the Hot 100 :bradley:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
47 minutes ago, 0707alp said:

I meant if she released this when she went super viral she could have got something. Why the hate ?

She will never be Godga! Just another copycat that doesn't possess Godga's vernacular! :classic_ninja:

Spoiler

Lol jk if I came across hate it's just cause I hate viral things... Like Charlie bit my finger 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,132

The fact that ARTPOP, Gaga’s flop, album, had 4 top 10 songs in France (Applause #3, DWUW and Dope #8, Venus #9) and is certified Platinum, both things more than many pop girl’s whole careers :bradley:

She set her own standards to high with TF/M and BTW thus why ARTPOP is seen as a failure when it did well chart-wise in many countries 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
26 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Seems like the certifications in Norway are more frequent now. Too bad Joanne hasn't reached Gold yet, it's probably close.

Even Smile is gold eligible in Norway :rip: FN only just went platinum tho which I really think is weird if Smile is only a cert before... I doubt Joanne isn't gold and I know Chromatica is apparently comfortably gold one day it'll go platinum probably. 

A Popster Is Born 12,762
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The fact that ARTPOP, Gaga’s flop, album, had 4 top 10 songs in France (Applause #3, DWUW and Dope #8, Venus #9) and is certified Platinum, both things more than many pop girl’s whole careers

Witness was also a Chromatica/Artpop era in France. 3 singles gold or above, nice peaks, and Witness charted 1 week longer than Joanne in the top 150 and went gold at least... I hope Chromatica can go plat 1 day in France if she re releases it 

A Popster Is Born 12,762

'Take me, Home... Take me, to Fadga land!' 

'I'd rather not flop but, at least I'm not smile! Collab with me me me'

So hopefully Ari era and the rumoured Chromatica re issue will carry ROM, and one day it'll reach 1bn... So Sour Candy 250m, Stupid love 230m, 911 100m...I think 2bn will be on lock but it won't be an easy path if nothing changed from now. 

• paws up 3
  • lol 2