Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

The weeknd sweeping the Grammys this year in AOTY, SOTY, ROTY would be so predictable and boring.

Hope the comittee pulls an ed sheeran and blocks him.

I want surprises, like wouldn't mind Fiona Apple winning AOTY.

64e55044bf1ad3c49eaee694a57a8b43eef65919

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,535
13 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

MOST STREAMED SONGS ON SPOTIFY

37. Faded - 1,289,790,753
38. Shallow - 1,289,582,943

Shallow will climb another spot tomorrow!

The fact that it entered the top 100 less than a year ago and look at how far it has come

106B9D65-9C96-44A4-A424-8D689C1C7566.thu

3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i am hoping gaga collabs with him for the re-release (if that happens), ari was a safe bet and now the weeknd is after Blinding Lights

Idk, he actually flopped with both Calvin and Juice WRLD collabs (+ In Your Eyes remix with Doja Cat). Of course BL cannibalized the entire era but still, we'll see how the Ariana collab does. 

I think Drake would be a safer bet for a male urban collab (especially if it's 2010-2016 Drake). 

A Popster Is Born 11,951
42 minutes ago, Delusional said:

God a rerelease around now would be perfect. Guessing she’s gone silent to avoid any controversies with the election and what not. 

Like Gaga needs a reason to go silent...

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 12,847
Just now, Thrasher said:

Idk, he actually flopped with both Calvin and Juice WRLD collabs (+ In Your Eyes remix with Doja Cat). Of course BL cannibalized the entire era but still, we'll see how the Ariana collab does. 

I think Drake would be a safer bet for a male urban collab (especially if it's 2010-2016 Drake). 

you're right actuall,y but i think if they did a MV made it a lead and treated it like they did ROM (the first week) it'd be ok. If the Ari x Weeknd one is gonna be like a 'Sour Candy' (just put on TTH on release week it might not smash either, cant see it doing like the calvn harris one either though)

Yes to Drake, although i know she apparently collab'd with ty dolla sign, and that didnt make the cut for chromatica... they need more star power than him if they have an urban collab for the re-release!

little women omg GIF by Lifetime

4 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

The way everyone ignores those 3 The weeknd bombs, cause BL was so massive.

If anything it proves that he is not a guaranteed hit maker (just like ariana flopped with miley and lana, lizzo collabs)

At the end of the day its all about the song!

Also Drake feels so last decade...

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,847
2 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Another RADIO HIT i fear.. :bradley:

He's doing so well

his team care about hits/his era.  I havent seen him promote, but they understand the importance of multiple hits and other forms of promo that don't require performing. Gaga's team put way too much on ROM thinking it'd be like a DSN or a BL, whilst it is a good hit it couldnt sustain an era for months, and there was no plan afterwards or no sour candy mv or w.e... yeah...

5 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Another RADIO HIT i fear.. :bradley:

He's doing so well

yeah his era is actually bigger then the weekend, Watermelon Sugar + Adore you both going towards 1 billion next year, Falling (UK only single) and Lights up coming for 500m+ and all album tracks except 2 coming for 100m+ :bradley: