Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 57,188

The fact that ROM is still top 100 on US Spotify (#87), just re-entered the Rolling Stones Top  100 and is #52 on overall radio, if it weren't for the recurrent rules it'd still chart for many weeks in the US.

At least it's collecting ~35k weekly units in the US and will get a boost starting this Friday, it'll definitively go 2x Platinum before the end of the year.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Fame Romance said:

The fact that ROM is still top 100 on US Spotify (#87), just re-entered the Rolling Stones Top  100 and is #52 on overall radio, if it weren't for the recurrent rules it'd still chart for many weeks in the US.

At least it's collecting ~35k weekly units in the US and will get a boost starting this Friday, it'll definitively go 2x Platinum before the end of the year.

if only radio didn't drop us so easily... but oh well, 20 weeks is still good and its streams are good

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 333
21 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

The support of radio vs being ignored on radio. Well, at least the song is still alive (:ally:) in other charts. 

I don't understand this narrative; Radio certainly hasn't spammed her since BTW, but Chromatica's singles hit #11 / #9 after a 7+ year drought and subpar callouts. I don't understand what goes into officially pushing a song to Radio / supporting it weekly, but for a WW superstar in her comeback to mainstream Pop, Gaga deserved better from Interscope. Both SL and ROM fell hard the week after promo was pulled, despite:
1. There being no Radio deal in place for a subsequent single.
2. ROM and Chromatica being released in just 2-3 weeks (meaning, a continued - if declining - Radio presence for SL would've helped it remain on the Hot 100 long enough to get a boost from that momentum).
3. The 1st and only live performance of the era being 1-2 weeks away (ROM).

There's SO many ways the singles / album were mishandled, but pulling both songs from Radio at crucial moments was proactive garbage. With no deal for ROM, who cares if SL had bad callouts if continued support would've given it a 12-14 week run vs. 10? Meanwhile, it's easy to blame ROM's run in the U.S. on "taste," but the slightest boost the week it went 8>11 (discount, bundles) would've helped fend off album bombs, etc. Similarly, with the VMAs 2 weeks away, pulling it from Radio prevented any chance of a 2nd win (Top 20 re-entry).

Its UK run was also poorly managed, as nothing was done to prevent the impact of ACR.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,266

Brooks dropped by “Good Morning America” on Tuesday to talk about his upcoming record, Fun. The country superstar revealed the first single will be a duet with wife Yearwood: a cover of Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow”.

Brooks will release either a snippet or the entirety of the “Shallow” cover at GarthBrooks.com on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

https://etcanada.com/news/704394/garth-brooks-and-trisha-yearwood-to-cover-lady-gagas-shallow/

Shallow is so iconic its the LEAD SINGLE from the new Garth Brooks album, I knew it was being released I just didn’t know it was like an official lead single!!! So f-ing iconic :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 3

Popster for Sale 57,188
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Brooks dropped by “Good Morning America” on Tuesday to talk about his upcoming record, Fun. The country superstar revealed the first single will be a duet with wife Yearwood: a cover of Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow”.

Brooks will release either a snippet or the entirety of the “Shallow” cover at GarthBrooks.com on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

https://etcanada.com/news/704394/garth-brooks-and-trisha-yearwood-to-cover-lady-gagas-shallow/

Shallow is so iconic its the LEAD SINGLE from the new Garth Brooks album, I knew it was being released I just didn’t know it was like an official lead single!!! So f-ing iconic :oscar:

Literally a true reverse I Will Always Love You lmao

IWALY started as a country Dolly Parton song and then was covered to become one of the biggest movie songs of all time, now it's time for Shallow to be country revisited :ally:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,777

The way one of the biggest act of the US ever is using Shallow as his comeback I- 

the power of this song, the iconicness of this song, the hugeness of this song...etc

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 646
1 hour ago, TINDER said:

a re-release of Chromatica is scheduled around Grammys time next year" (not the November re-release)- Babylonhooker on twitter, he stopped posting on that other site! 

I'm going to pretend it's true. At least i'll have something to look forward about this messy era :bradley:

Edited by GuiLM
  • yaas, gaga 1