Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 16,402
7 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

cardigan was also released with the whole album which kinda overshadowed it... and its callout actually were decent compared to SL but Republic pulled the plug, it gave her another #1, it did what it had to do and the album is doing amazing stats

SL debuted with 30.1 net positive, Cardigan with 33. That's not significant difference 

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Applause said:

SL debuted with 30.1 net positive, Cardigan with 33. That's not significant difference 

well they pushed SL to #11 on pop radio while cardigan got slow updates after first week.... but anyway, both were underperformance but one didn't crash -25 on second week... :gaga-scream:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,988
4 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

Joanne was #27 on its 20th week...

ARTPOP was #54 (up from the 148 spot it was the week prior)

Born this Way was #25....

and Chromatica is #77...

gurl we can't make a comparison with Joanne cause it was the superbowl 2 weeks before the 20th week 

And ARTPOP had the GUY MV 

Without the halftime show, Joanne would have been OUT of the top 100 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Miaou said:

gurl we can't make a comparison with Joanne cause it was the superbowl 2 weeks before the 20th week 

And ARTPOP had the GUY MV 

Without the halftime show, Joanne would have been OUT of the top 100 

66-2-8-20-27-27-36-44-44-58-66-55-80

well it held slightly better than after the Superbowl effect

Pop-a-911-ster 31,988
Just now, chartgaga said:

66-2-8-20-27-27-36-44-44-58-66-55-80

well it held slightly better than after the Superbowl effect

it still had the Super Bowl aka the biggest promo ever with a movie so we can't compare 

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Miaou said:

it still had the Super Bowl aka the biggest promo ever with a movie so we can't compare 

Joanne was better, that's all :tea:

nah to be honest, it was helped by SuperBowl and MR was still carrying the album whereas Chromatica has NO single

Pop-a-911-ster 31,988
Just now, chartgaga said:

Joanne was better, that's all :tea:

nah to be honest, it was helped by SuperBowl and MR was still carrying the album whereas Chromatica has NO single

MR did its job cause the song was performed at the superbowl while the Chromatica era had 1 live performance ...

I agree the chart run of Chromatica is disappointing but we really CAN'T compare with Joanne 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Miaou said:

MR did its job cause the song was performed at the superbowl while the Chromatica era had 1 live performance ...

I agree the chart run of Chromatica is disappointing but we really CAN'T compare with Joanne 

I know it's her first era where she's not promoting at all, like even ARTPOP had a full schedule of promotion even when the GP and fans were done with it, C2C also had a great amount of promo, Joanne was well promoted, ASIB had the movie carrying it and people just falling in love with it...

Chromatica: Haus Labs I guess

Pop-a-911-ster 31,988
1 minute ago, chartgaga said:

she already sang her hits... what's left? except Shallow and ARUTW? and ROM I guess?

The Edge Of Glory

Paparazzi

Shallow

ARUTW

ROM 

Applause 

You're welcome :shakes:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,402
2 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

she already sang her hits... what's left? except Shallow and ARUTW? and ROM I guess?

Paparazzi, Applause, TEOG, ARUTW, Shallow, ROM and new single (like she did MR). 

Edited by Applause
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,847
3 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

Joanne was #27 on its 20th week...

ARTPOP was #54 (up from the 148 spot it was the week prior)

Born this Way was #25....

and Chromatica is #77...

Well, if you look at it like this:

Chromatica has already outpeaked ARTPOP's weeks in the top 100 of BB200, (20 vs 19). With Joanne, Chromatica  would have to chart 9 more weeks in the top 100 which may or may not happen. But remember, Joanne got a boost with superbowl after it's 16th week, and appealed locally to the US - outside of US Chromatica is on track to out-do it in most countries. If it didn't do better there then it wouldn't look good lol I dont think comparing each specific week is good, because it depends what is going on that week.

15th Week:

Chromatica #49
Joanne #66 (week before superbowl)
ARTPOP #61

BTW was a peak era - it won't out do it. I'd say in US Chromatica is definitely gonna out-do ARTPOP (chartrun), but fall short of Joanne. Globally, Chromatica will out-do both. It'll be Chromatica>Joanne>ARTPOP - all in the same sales range of each other.

7 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

Adele and Drake will prevent her from doing so... also will Ariana ever debut with over 400k units? she didn't do it with her peak era - thank u next

I honestly think she is coming for blood this era, especially with the weeknd collab on there - I think she'll out-do TUN and will probably smash in other countries too. I dont get the taylor feud cause they ar eboth different with different strengths but Ari is younger and is coming for her spot

• paws up 2