Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,366
1 minute ago, FRANZGA said:

it's no.1 almost everywhere outside of US anyway, so

Reveal hidden contents

but yeah.. i just hate the BoTS stans

Savage Love was in a very similar situation than Say So in the US. Both songs were already certified hits before the release of the remix, but the remix was released after the song had started to lose steam and only with the remix could they bounce back and eventually become #1.

Spoiler

in the case of Say So "Say So" vaults from No. 16 to No. 1 on the Digital Song Sales chart, up 966% to 66,000 downloads sold (a lower number than originally projected) in the week ending May 7, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.

In other cases like Perfect or Savage, the song was still rising when the remix was released so we'll never know if the song would have topped the charts had the remixes not been released.

The big kii here in my opinion is that this is the remix of a remix, since Savage Love itself was a vocal mix of Jawsh's originally instrumental track.

A Popster Is Born 16,835
7 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Rain On Me Gold in France

~10M from Spotify, probably ~8M Paid Streams

so ~7M from Deezer, AM, Amazon, etc. 

not BAD.. 

A Popster Is Born 12,808
12 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Rain On Me Gold in France

Oooh - that was quciker than expected, do we think it can go Platine?

Gaga is a fille d'or!

17 minutes ago, MissAsia said:

This Era is the worst era ever.. She promoted the kindness book more than her album.. She obviously doesn t care anymore about her career.. Which is fine but they shouldn t lie to us 

Spill!

she doesn't care about chromatica because it doesnt further her, she has done the whole dance-pop genre and got all the awards, they put everything in ROM and then ducked and dived. There was absolutely no plan past that collab. It makes sense, Selena's Rare was given the exact same treatment, with one hit and then nothing, they are the same label. It's like the era is a 'template'

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
8 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Oooh - that was quciker than expected, do we think it can go Platine?

Gaga is a fille d'or!

Spill!

she doesn't care about chromatica because it doesnt further her, she has done the whole dance-pop genre and got all the awards, they put everything in ROM and then ducked and dived. There was absolutely no plan past that collab. It makes sense, Selena's Rare was given the exact same treatment, with one hit and then nothing, they are the same label. It's like the era is a 'template'

thank you, the whole excuses this fanbase is using to say Chromatica didn't do as big... yes for the first few weeks but after that she remained silent except for Haus Labs...

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, The Archer said:

RIAA certifications:

I don't wanna live forever by Taylor Swift and Zayn: 4x platinum

Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper: 4x platinum

Shallow is eligible for 6x Plat but IDWLF did good, a good song

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
Just now, chartgaga said:

thank you, the whole excuses this fanbase is using to say Chromatica didn't do as big... yes for the first few weeks but after that she remained silent except for Haus Labs...

the promo thing was an annoying crutch cupcakes used (whilst bragging about Shallow on their twitter accounts) but chromatica was never gonna stabilise, only have more boosts... it definitley woul'dve made the era more successful, but you cant promote an album every week LOL.

Interscope put this era at the feet of the ariana collab. Even Blade said week before release they are putting so much on ROM... and that's what we saw, if you think about it logically, chromatica is very much a 'been there and done that' experience for Gaga. She wants success in philanthropy and acting now, thats how you make your star bigger. Plus the TriCon award helps that narritive, and chromatica as a project and as music keeps fans happy. I think they will make up for the lack of promo and effort before she moves on, though. ill be suprirsed if not.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,366
5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

RIAA certifications:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

the promo thing was an annoying crutch cupcakes used (whilst bragging about Shallow on their twitter accounts) but chromatica was never gonna stabilise, only have more boosts... it definitley woul'dve made the era more successful, but you cant promote an album every week LOL.

Interscope put this era at the feet of the ariana collab. Even Blade said week before release they are putting so much on ROM... and that's what we saw, if you think about it logically, chromatica is very much a 'been there and done that' experience for Gaga. She wants success in philanthropy and acting now, thats how you make your star bigger. Plus the TriCon award helps that narritive, and chromatica as a project and as music keeps fans happy. I think they will make up for the lack of promo and effort before she moves on, though. ill be suprirsed if not.

I respected her choice to focus on philanthropy so much but she ruined it when she started promoting Haus Labs like a lead single... but that's Gaga, she says one thing and then does the opposite sometimes... I find it sad that her best dance album since BTW got treated this way especially when she tried so hard to push ARTPOP down our throats back then

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835
9 minutes ago, The Archer said:

RIAA certifications:

for now :ohyes:

A Popster Is Born 13,395
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Can you already accept the fact Gaga didn't promote bc she didn't wanted to/felt like it ? :bradley:

They would rather have a pop music making robot than a compassionate person who has creative control over her professional life and makes mistakes sometimes.

Stream Plastic Doll! :shakes:

A Popster Is Born 16,835
1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

French Albums chart top 200:

54(-8) ASIB [106 weeks]

81(-2) Chromatica [20 weeks]

OUT this week Folklore 

Chromatica: Platinum

Stupid Love: Platinum

Rain On Me: Platinum

in the long run hopefully :happydance:

• paws up 1