Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,825
Just now, Andreu said:

The fact now every hit is gonna reach 1B on spotify

The fact stupid love hasn't hit 200m yet makes it look more floppy than ever :dean_scream:

So long term (as in by next May), if nothing changes, we've got:

Rain On Me 600m 

Stupid Love 230m

Sour Candy 235m (?)

911 70m

I wonder when Chromatica will hit 2bn? 

Besties don't be delulus

Chromatica will end this year with 1.3-1.4B

If it does 50M monthly next year(1.7M daily seems realistic to me) it will get 600M next year soooo 2 B by end of 2021 start of 2022.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,531
8 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

A mess. I still don't believe we won't get more songs though now Mindtrappa mentioned it and it's the perfect way to inflate streams and SPS

Releasing few extra songs linked to Chromatica would be just amazing but let's be honest the girl hasn't even uploaded LMR and 1000 Doves (Piano) on Spotify... And I absolutely don't see her getting involved in more new music and campaign from Chromatica while she'll be rehearsing and filming her next movie project next year. Let's be happy if she gives us some closure to Chromatica at EMAs and Grammy Awards.

In terms of music she should just move on to next album. Chromatica did more than fine in both sales / streams and reviews especially for an album released in the middle of pandemics and getting like almost no attention from her and her team. 

• paws up 1

31 minutes ago, Andreu said:

The fact now every hit is gonna reach 1B on spotify

All the more we should be thankful Shallow reached that, surpassed that and continues to distance itself. 1.3B is no small feat!

A Popster Is Born 12,825
3 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Releasing few extra songs linked to Chromatica would be just amazing but let's be honest the girl hasn't even uploaded LMR and 1000 Doves (Piano) on Spotify...

I can see why with that - the deluxe was a target thing and as a piece of work Babylon ends perfectly Chromatica 3..  I think as well if they were gonna add more songs, they'd make them much stronger over wasting space with a piano ballad which doesn't suit the flow and a remix for a song that didn't really stick past week 1/the album release. I could see them adding songs or adding 'Chromatica llll' in 2021 to the overall album, they released the cure when Gaga did ASIB so they could do that. Whether they will or not, now that's a different story. 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

looks at this

and they say kery has no impact

(translation: arabic singer Aya Abdel Radouf exposed for stealingscenes of Katy Perry's previous music videos in her last MV Magnouna Awi)

Edited by Andreu
  • lol 1

4 hours ago, Daphne Guinness said:

Wait there hasn’t been any debut album after The Fame that sold this much? 

Invasion of Privacy has also reached 3.5m units in the US, but Billie's album will end up being bigger since the streams continue to slay.

A Popster Is Born 13,402
1 minute ago, Swallow said:

Invasion of Privacy has also reached 3.5m units in the US, but Billie's album will end up being bigger since the streams continue to slay.

Makes sense since she also reissued the album. Cardi and Billie are definitely two people who had huge debuts recently. 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 712
9 hours ago, Daphne Guinness said:

Why won’t they? 

As per Rolling Stone, pop artists Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, and Shawn Mendes are just a few of the big names who have benefitted from the radio bribery carried on by their labels.

spacer.png

Wait, send me the article