Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 13,402
1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

Gonna end up with 5M units, truly the biggest debut album since The Fame :bradley:

Wait there hasn’t been any debut album after The Fame that sold this much? 

Deactivated 14,311
24 minutes ago, entela said:

Good thing they will have the same fate Katy Perrished had.

Some of them are already there!

Ellie Goulding is a pop artist? This is news to me... ok I better chill! 😂:ohyes:

A Popster Is Born 13,402
8 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

I don’t think so

And considering pure sales are dead I don’t think anyone will do it anytime soon 

Edited by Daphne Guinness

Popster This Way 567
21 hours ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Omg the dramatics, please don’t let the fact that you’re upset the album didn’t get promo to stop you from ENJOYING the music, that’s literally what music is for. Are you saying if Chromatica had been more successful on the charts/less of a mess you’d like the album more?

Literally the definition of “bling not the music” :rip: Idk about y’all but I just enjoy music whether it was successful or not lol

edit: hopefully Gaga goes back to HAC piano smashes so that you can enjoy the next album more...I guess :katy_pie:

I want a punk-pop-rnb-soul- swing jazz album from here give me everything !! With a missy elliot, M.I.A,  Cardi B, Cupcakke rap verse

A Popster Is Born 12,825
8 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

My fav song from her

I remember singing it at like 10 without knowing what it meant :katy_pie:

For me it marked the transition to ChipMunkney... And then after using only half of Femme Fatale I dropped ha

OT:

It seems like it is hard to get a hit after album release... They barely tried at all with 911... If I was Gaga's team I'd have recorded a brand new single and this Friday I'd drop a Chromatica Deluxe with it on... Then they could add another single if they wanted... That would literally make the album sell decently and be a sure fire way of at least getting a song that charts... I digress... this is the Chromatica era, afterall! 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

49 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Lose You To Love Me is over 500m streams on Spotify but ROM is definitely bigger than that song WW looking at the certs after a year vs 4 months... ROM will definitely do 600m streams in the longrun possibly more

Ma'am in the long run (3-4 years maybe) ROM gonna hit 1 Billion.

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 12,825
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Truly a worse era than Femme Fatale

awkward britney spears GIF by T. Kyle

Lol 

Chromatica as an album commercially obliterates not only Femme Fatale but also BlackOut WW believe it or not - especially outside America.

However, stans think they were 'the much bigger eras' because they had 2 or 3 consistent hits. That's why Chromatica needed another hit after ROM, not necessarily a smash, but not Stupid Love. It makes up for the lesser album sales.

It's much better comparison for Gaga as they appeal to the same demographics. When Britney's label knew she couldn't shift album units in the same way, they made sure she had hits instead (before she had albums and low peaking songs). This is what Interscope should do, to round off Chromatica and it'd look much more commercially successful 

britney spears GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• paws up 3
  • sad 1

1 hour ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Lose You To Love Me is over 500m streams on Spotify but ROM is definitely bigger than that song WW looking at the certs after a year vs 4 months... ROM will definitely do 600m streams in the longrun possibly more

ROM should be at 600-700m by the time it hits 1 year, eventually hitting 1 billion in like 2-3 years :shakes: