Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster This Way 900
6 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Monsters also make up majority of the users there.

Didnt feel like it. There was a thread about Gaga opening up about her mental health and suicide and some of the responses were so vile. That's when I gave up going there.

A Popster Is Born 13,327
1 minute ago, Ethel said:

Someone on R/pophead recommended it as a good place to discuss music. Lets just say I really dont agree with them.

It’s one of the worst places on the Internet. They don’t discuss music, they fight like rabid raccoons. 

5 hours ago, entela said:

GODGA went from :

EaJ0zViX0AAXFZL?format=jpg&name=medium

to:

EaJ1G4CX0AAFJCr?format=jpg&name=large

Streaming Legend!

No amount of sabotage from Spotify and that RAT Troy Carter, stopped her from becoming The Queen of Pop.

Call it was it was. Bradley and Ari charity. :ally:

• sad 1

7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I was thinking it had another 1 month or so... 

Nope. It will take a while.

The evolution of JD's recurrent sales as reported by Billboard

Total Digital Sales As Of February 2018: 7,200,000 (+100,000)
Total Digital Sales As Of April 2016: 7,100,000 (+120,000)
Total Digital Sales As Of April 2015: 6,980,000 (+69,000)
Total Digital Sales As Of December 2013: 6,911,000 (+311,000)
Total Digital Sales As Of June 2012: 6,600,000 (+67,000)
Total Digital Sales As Of February 2012: 6,533,000 (+185,000)
Total Digital Sales As Of October 2011: 6,348,000

The evolution of RIAA's certifications

9x Multi-Platinum | March 27, 2020
8x Multi-Platinum | May 27, 2015
7x Multi-Platinum | May 27, 2015
6x Multi-Platinum | February 17, 2011
5x Multi-Platinum | February 17, 2011
4x Multi-Platinum | December 15, 2009
3x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2009
2x Multi-Platinum | March 10, 2009
Platinum | March 10, 2009
Gold | March 10, 2009

• sad 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,578
Spoiler

Despite the new guidelines and warnings, certain members continue to post snide remarks about other members and artists. My posts were often meant to be ironic but have been intentionally misconstrued by other members repeatedly. In such cases, ignoring doesn't exactly solve the problem because I would be left open to such attacks and unable to defend myself. On top of that, some members often give the "thanks" and "yaas, gaga" reactions to these posts, which further promotes such behaviour. As a result, I will no longer be actively contributing to the charts thread, although I will be sticking around in other parts of this forum. Will definitely miss many members in here but this thread has gotten too negative for me and it is best that I no longer visit regularly.

TL;DR I will no longer be active in this thread. Bye for now to those from the good old times. 💓

• sad 14

I'm willing to bet they finally realized the need to push JD so Gaga can finally get her third diamond cert especially now that Chromatica is slowing down and there are no viable choices left to keep the era afloat.

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 545
45 minutes ago, entela said:

Sour Candy is BEGGING to get a video.

Like Godga you can't be that dumb to ignore it.

What's the point of collabing with Blackpink (clearly not talent) if not for those massive youtube views hihihi

this is so true

the first thing I thought when I saw she collabed with BLACKPINK was "we're getting another billion views video on Youtube"

I'm sorry but it's literally the only point of working with these (lovely) girls when you've restricted yourself to collaborating with legends your entire career

(I love blackpink and some of their songs but I can also recognize they're very generic and shallow musically)

Edited by PerfectGUY
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
Just now, beng said:
  Hide contents

Despite the new guidelines and warnings, certain members continue to post snide remarks about other members and artists. My posts were often meant to be ironic but have been intentionally misconstrued by other members repeatedly. In such cases, ignoring doesn't exactly solve the problem because I would be left open to such attacks and unable to defend myself. On top of that, some members often give the "thanks" and "yaas, gaga" reactions to these posts, which further promotes such behaviour. As a result, I will no longer be actively contributing to the charts thread, although I will be sticking around in other parts of this forum. Will definitely miss many members in here but this thread has gotten too negative for me and it is best that I no longer visit regularly.

TL;DR I will no longer be active in this thread. Bye for now to those from the good old times. 💓

We will miss you sis:bradley:

Good luck :kiss:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

I'm willing to bet they finally realized the need to push JD so Gaga can finally get her third diamond cert especially now that Chromatica is slowing down and there are no viable choices left to keep the era afloat.

Makes sense but what I dont understand is why do they think its more useful to push Jd than a new single from Chromatica or why are both things mutually exclusive. I want her to have 3 diamond singles in the long run ofc but her first single getting better numbers than her most recent songs doesnt bothers me to some extend :uhh:

Like i know its not that deep but idk

3 minutes ago, beng said:
  Hide contents

Omg :(
Not even on a completely new forum is enough for some clowns to catch a break. We will miss you and respect your decision :classic_happy:

A Popster Is Born 13,327
4 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

But they didn’t even push JD, it was automatically added to a throwback playlist right? 

3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Makes sense but what I dont understand is why do they think its more useful to push Jd than a new single from Chromatica or why are both things mutually exclusive. I want her to have 3 diamond singles in the long run ofc but her first single getting better numbers than her most recent songs doesnt bothers me to some extend :uhh:

Like i know its not that deep but idk

Lady Gaga Becomes RIAA's First Female Digital Diamond Award Recipient

WASHINGTON–The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on Tuesday presented Lady Gaga with a prestigious Diamond Award in recognition of “Bad Romance” (Streamline/Interscope) surpassing the 10 million threshold counting song sales and streams. The presentation took place at Lady Gaga’s Washington, D.C. Verizon Center show as part of her artRAVE: the ARTPOP ball tour.

Cary Sherman, Chairman & CEO, RIAA said the following about Lady Gaga’s Diamond Award milestone:

“With this award, Lady Gaga joins a prestigious and exclusive list of Gold and Platinum luminaries. ‘Bad Romance’ is one of the most popular and iconic songs of the last decade. We are honored to present Lady Gaga with a Diamond Award in recognition of ‘Bad Romance’ surpassing the ten million mark, and to congratulate her as the first female artist in Gold & Platinum Program history to earn a Digital Diamond Award.”

LadyGaga-1024x682.jpg

Lady Gaga and Liz Kennedy, Director, Communications and Gold & Platinum Program, RIAA

Photo Credit: Credit: Brian Samuelson

Gaga is currently playing to sold out crowds across the country on her artRAVE: the ARTPOP ball tour in support of her top-selling album “ARTPOP” whose newest video for the single “G.U.Y.” is about to cross 50 million worldwide views.

ERA: ARTPOP

RIAA PRESENTS KATY PERRY WITH RECORD-BREAKING THREE DIAMOND SONG AWARDS DURING D.C. STOP OF WITNESS: THE TOUR

WASHINGTON – At the Washington, D.C. stop of her WITNESS: The Tour, Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) Chairman & CEO Cary Sherman presented Capitol Records superstar Katy Perry with three Diamond Awards for her hit songs “Roar,” “Dark Horse,” and “Firework,” representing 10 million or more sales and streams of each individual song in the United States. With these milestone certifications, Katy recently made Gold & Platinum history as the first artist to earn three RIAA Diamond Song Awards.

Steve Barnett, Chairman and CEO of Capitol Music Group, joined Mr. Sherman and Bradford Cobb from Direct Management Group in presenting the prestigious awards to Katy.

kp.jpg

L to R: Bradford Cobb, Direct Management Group; Cary Sherman, Chairman and CEO, RIAA; Katy Perry; Steve Barnett, Chairman and CEO, Capitol Music Group

Photo Credit: Daniel Swartz

Only 14 songs have earned coveted Diamond status to date.  During the course of Katy’s career, a total of 22 of her songs have achieved RIAA certification, and three studio albums have also been certified Platinum or multi-Platinum.  More information on her career certifications can be found here.

ERA: WITNESS

Notice a pattern? :ally:

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

3 minutes ago, Daphne Guinness said:

But they didn’t even push JD, it was automatically added to a throwback playlist right? 

It's in a better position now in the 00s playlist. Which means the curation somehow was modified recently. Now we're not sure if her team was responsible but if they are, then good for them. Ms @Gypsy Life believes otherwise though. Won't be surprised since Bobby neglected to discount JD during SBHT, Coachella, etc.

• thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Spoiler

Lady Gaga Becomes RIAA's First Female Digital Diamond Award Recipient

WASHINGTON–The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on Tuesday presented Lady Gaga with a prestigious Diamond Award in recognition of “Bad Romance” (Streamline/Interscope) surpassing the 10 million threshold counting song sales and streams. The presentation took place at Lady Gaga’s Washington, D.C. Verizon Center show as part of her artRAVE: the ARTPOP ball tour.

Cary Sherman, Chairman & CEO, RIAA said the following about Lady Gaga’s Diamond Award milestone:

“With this award, Lady Gaga joins a prestigious and exclusive list of Gold and Platinum luminaries. ‘Bad Romance’ is one of the most popular and iconic songs of the last decade. We are honored to present Lady Gaga with a Diamond Award in recognition of ‘Bad Romance’ surpassing the ten million mark, and to congratulate her as the first female artist in Gold & Platinum Program history to earn a Digital Diamond Award.”

LadyGaga-1024x682.jpg

Lady Gaga and Liz Kennedy, Director, Communications and Gold & Platinum Program, RIAA

Photo Credit: Credit: Brian Samuelson

Gaga is currently playing to sold out crowds across the country on her artRAVE: the ARTPOP ball tour in support of her top-selling album “ARTPOP” whose newest video for the single “G.U.Y.” is about to cross 50 million worldwide views.

ERA: ARTPOP

RIAA PRESENTS KATY PERRY WITH RECORD-BREAKING THREE DIAMOND SONG AWARDS DURING D.C. STOP OF WITNESS: THE TOUR

WASHINGTON – At the Washington, D.C. stop of her WITNESS: The Tour, Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) Chairman & CEO Cary Sherman presented Capitol Records superstar Katy Perry with three Diamond Awards for her hit songs “Roar,” “Dark Horse,” and “Firework,” representing 10 million or more sales and streams of each individual song in the United States. With these milestone certifications, Katy recently made Gold & Platinum history as the first artist to earn three RIAA Diamond Song Awards.

Steve Barnett, Chairman and CEO of Capitol Music Group, joined Mr. Sherman and Bradford Cobb from Direct Management Group in presenting the prestigious awards to Katy.

kp.jpg

L to R: Bradford Cobb, Direct Management Group; Cary Sherman, Chairman and CEO, RIAA; Katy Perry; Steve Barnett, Chairman and CEO, Capitol Music Group

Photo Credit: Daniel Swartz

Only 14 songs have earned coveted Diamond status to date.  During the course of Katy’s career, a total of 22 of her songs have achieved RIAA certification, and three studio albums have also been certified Platinum or multi-Platinum.  More information on her career certifications can be found here.

ERA: WITNESS

Notice a pattern? :ally:

Damn Ma

Didn't know Spotify's automatic Time capsule playlist would serve for people to start random fanfiction.

not tiffany | Tumblr