Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster This Way 519
18 minutes ago, Daphne Guinness said:

The miseducation of Lauryn Hill sold 422k first week. I think Cardi can break that.

God, this masterpiece deserved (and still deserves) everything it got: I'm still mad To Zion didn't smash like Doo Wop, Santana put any single piece of his soul in it :bradley:

But at least he got recognized by the National Recording Congress, just like Bad Romance will be 

200.gif

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 12,808
2 minutes ago, Doncho said:

The essays in the last pages :rip:

Gaga s team was very smart with the submissions, hopefully she gets at least 3 noms.

And ASIB still slaying the charts more than 2 years after release, I love it :shakes:

I just hope the Grammy committee hasn't forgotten about Chromatica now ROM is off radio and the album exits the charts. I honestly don't know what they will do either for an actual next single, I think we will just another 911 style MV for Alice or Free Woman, then hopefully a new single in 2021 to go with a reissue..

I fear they may have just moved on altogether past thinking about a Grammy. I don't think we'll ever get a sour Candy MV, like how she released a lyric video for the cure, that's her way of saying its not happening but here you go! 

A Popster Is Born 11,830
3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I just hope the Grammy committee hasn't forgotten about Chromatica now ROM is off radio and the album exits the charts. I honestly don't know what they will do either for an actual next single, I think we will just another 911 style MV for Alice or Free Woman, then hopefully a new single in 2021 to go with a reissue..

I fear they may have just moved on altogether past thinking about a Grammy. I don't think we'll ever get a sour Candy MV, like how she released a lyric video for the cure, that's her way of saying its not happening but here you go! 

I think its still on their mind. Specially when talking just about POP albums. I dont know what else they can do... I think a great live performance could have more effect than a MV... but not sure.

And about SC... yeah... I lost all hope too :katy_pie:

• yaas, gaga 1

I’m really curious about AG6 rollout.

Knowing Scooter and the fact that Ariana is the current hitmaker, her album launch will probably serve a pattern in this Covid scenario, and this could possibly stop some “but Gaga needs to do this and this and this” endless discussions. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,397
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Kendrick x Gaga Super Bowl needs to happen me thinks

No self respecting American artist will do the Super Bowl now unless they want to be cancelled. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,397
Just now, Delusional said:

That’s why I think they could potentially choose a foreign act this year - maybe someone in the Latin or Korean pop scene to avoid controversy 

Imagine BTS omg :horse_race:

2 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Gaga needs to do this and this and this

I think the problem with promotion is probably Gaga wants to be able to actually perform, especially to live audience. Other artists go for animated MVs or constant push via banners or pop up reminders, but I strongly feel that Gaga doesn't want this route. Which is why so many other artists keep pushing for promo while Gaga is very quiet. She posted a video about her facedown on her bed because she wants to perform, and for her that's real promo because it connects her to the fans and audience in a more organic way. But the pandemic swept most of her chances to do that.

• paws up 5

6 minutes ago, Daphne Guinness said:

But she didn’t produce anything except for the interludes?

There's 2 categories for Producers, Classical and Non-Classical.

Maybe she submitted for Classical since she only produce Chromatica I, II, and III all 3 classical pieces.

Edited by entela
  • yaas, gaga 1