Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I don't see this as an issue tbh. She prepared for ASIB (and created music for the soundtrack) while promoting Joanne.

I'd be here for a small EP to bring back some attention to the album and boost its stat, after all Selena, Dua, Ava are all releasing deluxe versions with extra songs, why not Gaga?

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 16,862
Just now, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

There are some exceptions. In Sweden ARTPOP did well, 26 weeks. In Spain, Joanne charted for 58 weeks.. In Netherlands Joanne charted 20 weeks, Chromatica out after 19. Chromatica ultimately will end up doing the best, but not by much unless something major happens. Chromatica is doing miles better in France. ASIB put her in the position to do this project 

so

Sweden: AP>Chromatica>Joanne

Netherlands: AP=Chromatica>Joanne (i think Chromatica did a better chart-run)

Spain: Joanne>Chromatica>AP (Chromatica is doing great there so far)

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,847
1 minute ago, Ms I am a local said:

Huh? My country really snapped with this one! We have done something right for once! YAAAASSS!

They have been stanning, Gaga albums do well in Spain, even ARTPOP peaked top 3 and spent 30 weeks. But I had a look at the actual run of Joanne and Chromatica is 10x more stable and Joanne had already left Spain after 15 weeks then re entered. Joanne stabilised in the 60s and Chromatica is in the 40s! 

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Nemanja said:

She make a hit from MR, so dont say promo will not change anything, shallow becomes huge after oscar. Even fans dont have a feeling the era is start, why would gp feel it.

MR was very local, Shallow was already doing good sans the Oscars, it just gave it one final boost.

The era started in February, she abandonned it after the first week. She brought it back during ROM release week then went radio silent (for good reasons).

She came back for the VMAs then went MIA.

She came back for 911 video and the CBS interview and radio silent.

The era happened, it's just that Gaga is not involved in it anymore.

A Popster Is Born 10,029
3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yes its the same in UK. But pure sales are dead and the pure sales audience won't buy Chromatica.. Thats why 911 is doing well is seen on iTunes on Italy and SFA on iTunes but no where else. Streaming changed the game and split audiences. That's why she should promote Chromatica on TV to boost pure sales 

Agree, by the way what happened to Chromatica TV? another cancelled Gaga plan?

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 12,847
2 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Netherlands: AP=Chromatica>Joanne (i think Chromatica did a better chart-run)

Artpop 17 weeks

Chromatica 19 weeks 

Joanne 20 weeks 

Chromatica should definitely out do Joanne or at least match it if nothing happens it only needs a week or two. Also, Chromatica went #1 in Netherlands. 

UK

Artpop 16 weeks 

Chromatica 20 weeks 

Joanne 22 weeks 

Same story here, Chromatica will re enter and out do. 

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2
1 minute ago, chartgaga said:

I'd be here for a small EP to bring back some attention to the album and boost its stat, after all Selena, Dua, Ava are all releasing deluxe versions with extra songs, why not Gaga?

An EP maybe, but not a deluxe version of Chromatica since that already exists.

If the rumored EP is true, maybe Gaga wants to have a specific set of songs on the EP and that is why she isn't releasing them on a special edition / another deluxe version of the album. She probably liked Love Me Right and knew it wouldn't fit on the EP, so she put it on the deluxe.

A Popster Is Born 16,862
8 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

I also feel what's disappointing is the complete decrease in pure sales. the streams are "fine" but pure sales are a mess... only 300,000 pure sales in the US hurts...

hear hear

even her digital download power vanished.. :gaga-scream: but then again everybody except 2 or 3 artists are suffering from tragic sales

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

An EP maybe, but not a deluxe version of Chromatica since that already exists.

If the rumored EP is true, maybe Gaga wants to have a specific set of songs on the EP and that is why she isn't releasing them on a special edition / another deluxe version of the album. She probably liked Love Me Right and knew it wouldn't fit on the EP, so she put it on the deluxe.

well she can do a reissue to do the Grammy campaigning...

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, FRANZGA said:

hear hear

even her digital download power vanished.. :gaga-scream: but then again everybody except 2 or 3 artists are suffering from tragic sales

agree, when you see Chromatica stay top 10 for almost a week on iTunes to only translate into 3k pure sales...

12 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

I also feel what's disappointing is the complete decrease in pure sales. the streams are "fine" but pure sales are a mess... only 300,000 pure sales in the US hurts...

This is what I was saying last week. Gaga can no longer rely on pure sales to offset competition. Thankfully she is doing so well on streaming now but her team needs to step up their game with playlisting her catalog and promoting her on streaming platforms. 

6 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

They have been stanning, Gaga albums do well in Spain, even ARTPOP peaked top 3 and spent 30 weeks. But I had a look at the actual run of Joanne and Chromatica is 10x more stable and Joanne had already left Spain after 15 weeks then re entered. Joanne stabilised in the 60s and Chromatica is in the 40s! 

Chile lemme eat a paella and pan tumaca while I’m dancing sevillanas in Plaza Mayor :zoom:

I knew Gaga albums did generally well here, but I was not expecting to see Joanne with 58 weeks, that caught me off guard. Chromatica +60 weeks on the charts here we go!

A Popster Is Born 16,862
2 minutes ago, beng said:

About time Billboard follows Germany and UK charts. Go for pure revenue and downweight the best performing tracks for the album charts.

Taylor will have a residency in the top10 with that..

Gaga will remain as is i think..

it'll hurt Dua/Camila/Selena/Doja and the likes

A Popster Is Born 12,847

I really hope when she went quiet in summer and Nicola said he was working on Chromatica, it meant they did a full visual EP extension with a Weeknd collab, so a Chromatica 4 added in, and it'll count as Chromatica chartrun. An inflated chartrun with possible another week at #1 here we go hihihi