Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 16,835
2 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

btw.. i didn't see a weekly Spotify Update

56(+5) Rain On Me - 9,142,920

87(+8) Shallow - 7,280,027

This is Shallow's biggest week (in streams) since March 19, 2020 Week

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370
2 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

We should all keep streaming BTW for her 6th 1B album. But focus on You and I and MTN for the next 100m streamed songs as well. MTN still has long ways to go.

I prefer focusing on ARTPOP :ally:

which I encourage you to leave on loop

if your spotify works bc mine isnt :bradley:

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,735

UK airplay 

7 (+2) Rain On Me

Still being top 10 is amazing 

Year to Date

ROM #3

Stupid Love #22

At least she’s slaying the UK radios this year :abel_glow:

• paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 1

Well we also have to consider Corona and the BLM movement happening right when the album was released. These also hurt the album, especially corona since she couldn’t really promote with quarantine and stuff like that. I really think Gaga should try to make an album balanced between HAC songs and pop. It would be really interesting to see how that album does commercially. I think it won’t do much better than Chromatica tho... but you know, it would be interesting to see what the teens really want :war:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370
3 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Well we also have to consider Corona and the BLM movement happening right when the album was released. These also hurt the album, especially corona since she couldn’t really promote with quarantine and stuff like that. I really think Gaga should try to make an album balanced between HAC songs and pop. It would be really interesting to see how that album does commercially. I think it won’t do much better than Chromatica tho... but you know, it would be interesting to see what the teens really want :war:

teens want billie and dua and trap

A Popster Is Born 16,835

i think Chromatica is doing better than AP in Europe and a lot better than Joanne??

in the US however, Joanne did better for now..

Let's not talk about ASIB tho cause chile, ASIB is currently charting higher than Chromatica in most European Charts :bradley:

• paws up 1

20 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

I think that's what most of us are disappointed with anyway. The era was very frontloaded with success. She's not flopping and she's still doing better than many other pop girls but we all know the chart run could have been just a tad bit better.

Yeah, I completely agree, Chromatica and SL have been very frontloaded, but again, I think it is caused by the lack of interest of the GP or they didn’t click with the material. They payed attention to SL and Chromatica, maybe they liked it a bit, but they were not interested to play it again. And ROM was not as frontloaded because Ariana is in it and helped stabilize its streams (LM and Arianators playing the song + the support of being a single). If Gaga could pull the initial numbers she had with Chromatica, she just has to find a way to please the GP and her fans and she will do NUMBERS. Gaga world domination here we go whew

spongebob squarepants dancing GIF

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 10,029

are we really comparing streaming in 2016 and streaming in 2020?

I agree with Miou, the key was longevity and Chromatica didn't have it. At least, this time around, media is not bashing her and actually paints her in a positive way. No amount of promo would have changed that IMO, the material just didn't click with the audience and fanbase can do so much but at some point, even WE can be done with this. I still have Chromatica streaming on 2 computers and 2 Spotify accounts 24/7 but the whole mess of the era doesn't allow me to enjoy the album fully... hopefully she goes back to evolve in the Joanne/ASIB route sonically to serve timeless songs which will be good for her.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,808
4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

teens want billie and dua and trap

They want HACGa! Hihihi Despite 0 radio support, 0 collabs, and two flops, Joanne may outchart Chromatica in UK assuming Chromatica doesn't re enter, which I doubt. If only UK supported Million Reasons more! 

Rain On Me WW certs so far:

Platinum US

Diamond Brazil 

Platinum UK

2x Platinum Canada 

Gold Spain 

Gold Italy 

Gold Portugal 

Gold Norway 

Gold Belgium 

Platinum Australia 

Platinum Poland 

And this is just now, it'll probably pick up more and go platinum in Italy definitely, 2x Platinum in UK and USA. A smash

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, Ms I am a local said:

Yeah, I completely agree, Chromatica and SL have been very frontloaded, but again, I think it is caused by the lack of interest of the GP or they didn’t click with the material. They payed attention to SL and Chromatica, maybe they liked it a bit, but they were not interested to play it again. And ROM was not as frontloaded because Ariana is in it and helped stabilize its streams (LM and Arianators playing the song + the support of being a single). If Gaga could pull the initial numbers she had with Chromatica, she just has to find a way to please the GP and her fans and she will do NUMBERS. Gaga world domination here we go whew

spongebob squarepants dancing GIF

I agree, Gaga will never straight up fail, it's just that it feels very frontloaded but it happened with Born This Way too. She just needs to find the material that will click with the world. Chromatica is great but clearly the social climate, the pandemic were too big for people to care beyond first week. It's sad but it is what it is, the good thing is that it will def reach 2 billion streams in the long run which is fine for a Gaga album 12 years into her career with a dance album

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,808
7 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

i think Chromatica is doing better than AP in Europe and a lot better than Joanne??

There are some exceptions. In Sweden ARTPOP did well, 26 weeks. In Spain, Joanne charted for 58 weeks.. In Netherlands Joanne charted 20 weeks, Chromatica out after 19. Chromatica ultimately will end up doing the best, but not by much unless something major happens. Cause Chromatica will probably re enter, these are their final runs bare in mind. Joanne re entered and benefitted from the closeness to ASIB.

Chromatica is doing miles better in France. ASIB put her in the position to do this project definitely 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2
47 minutes ago, sickandtired2.0 said:

after the elections  she'll have "Gucci" to prepare for tho... maybe a re-release with new songs after that? if she still cares...

I don't see this as an issue tbh. She prepared for ASIB (and created music for the soundtrack) while promoting Joanne.

Edited by KatieJudasGaga4
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
2 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

I also feel what's disappointing is the complete decrease in pure sales. the streams are "fine" but pure sales are a mess... only 300,000 pure sales in the US hurts...

Yes its the same in UK. But pure sales are dead and the pure sales audience won't buy Chromatica.. Thats why 911 is doing well is seen on iTunes on Italy and SFA on iTunes but no where else. Streaming changed the game and split audiences. That's why she should promote Chromatica on TV to boost pure sales 

2 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

are we really comparing streaming in 2016 and streaming in 2020?

I agree with Miou, the key was longevity and Chromatica didn't have it. At least, this time around, media is not bashing her and actually paints her in a positive way. No amount of promo would have changed that IMO, the material just didn't click with the audience and fanbase can do so much but at some point, even WE can be done with this. I still have Chromatica streaming on 2 computers and 2 Spotify accounts 24/7 but the whole mess of the era doesn't allow me to enjoy the album fully... hopefully she goes back to evolve in the Joanne/ASIB route sonically to serve timeless songs which will be good for her.

She make a hit from MR, so dont say promo will not change anything, shallow becomes huge after oscar. Even fans dont have a feeling the era is start, why would gp feel it.