Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

1 minute ago, The Professor said:

This post is a whole contradiction, first you say it's an underperformance and than you explain why it isn't which makes sense. So considering the circumstances Chromatica did well.

They really think her albums will stay in the charts for 5 months on top, when she won't move a finger.

At this point, ASIB era was at the Oscars (after 5 months of daily cinema screening, interviews, red carpets, award season hype etc etc) and Joanne at the Superbowl spot (after 1 Million performances and promos).

She can produce the album of the millennium next and still will have the same route on charts if she won't promote it.

It's not rocket science!

not tiffany | Tumblr

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I agree but I would add that ASIB was made to please the GP who were gonna watch the movie while Chromatica's aim was clearly pleasing the fans who wanted Gaga to return to dance music for  along time. Of course both things are inside of "gaga doing what she wants to do" but I think it's an important distinction.

Yeah exactly. The GP watched the movie and found the movie good and the ST too. I think the best example are my parents lol :abel_glow:. They absolutely LOVED the movie, and when I convinced them of going to the cinema with me, they were hesitant at first, but Gaga proved them wrong. When the movie finished, my mum said that she loved the film and that she adored INLA, and from there she listened the whole album. I bought the CD and she played it everytime she could and my dad, for the first time, used Spotify to play the album.

With Chromatica, I played the album to her, and she liked some songs + ROM (when she heard it on the radio), but she never played the CD. I think that’s what happened. ASIB was more appealing to the GP.

• paws up 7

A Popster Is Born 12,847
10 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Chromatica on the other hand was not promoted at all if we compare it to ASIB. And it’s a pop album, which is worth noting. Chromatica’s problem was never the initial stats, it has been longevity. This means that people have moved on to other things because they didn’t care about it. I still think that if the album was promoted like Joanne was, the album would have been a total success.

I disagree that things would change massively - it'd just have boosts then drop out - the actual longevity isn't there in the first place, Gaga has been having thst problem every time since BTW. The fanbase creation came at a lack of casual listeners appeal, and then her casual listeners she can draw in are old people - and old people are more likely to want HAC not dance pop, and that's why P!nk doesn't do it.

It only scraping past Joanne WW isn't a good sign because that album had no hits in the majority of the world. Chromatica has one smash and  half a hit. I think what they needed to focus on was more singles success for Chromatica. If she got another hit (not stupid love), then it'd make the moderate album sales look better and the era look successful after all 

• paws up 3

Joanne: 4 years to 1 Billion on Spotify (after 1 Million performances, Superbowl,Coachella, Grammys)

Chromatica: 4 months to 1 Billion on Spotify (only 1 performance so far)

Ma'am THE GROWTH

tiffany pollard gifs | Tiffany pollard, Girls in love, My love

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,432
3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I disagree that things would change massively - it'd just have boosts then drop out - the actual longevity isn't there in the first place, Gaga has been having thst problem every time since BTW. The fanbase creation came at a lack of casual listeners appeal, and then her casual listeners she can draw in are old people - and old people are more likely to want HAC not dance pop, and that's why P!nk doesn't do it.

It only scraping past Joanne WW isn't a good sign because that album had no hits in the majority of the world. Chromatica has one smash and  half a hit. I think what they needed to focus on was more singles success for Chromatica. If she got another hit (not stupid love), then it'd make the moderate album sales look better and the era look successful after all 

I agree that pushing another single would help a lot (no, 911 being  third of a single doesn't count for me) and there is still time for that. But if they don't do it, it's because they didn't care enough for them to do it.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,847
15 minutes ago, The Professor said:

This post is a whole contradiction, first you say it's an underperformance and than you explain why it isn't which makes sense. So considering the circumstances Chromatica did well.

Katy fans are using the same excuses for Smile :dean_scream:

• paws up 1

The Popster 152
16 hours ago, Ethel said:

Confidentially, I kind of hope Gaga doesnt release anything until after the election. I want more content as much as the next Gaga fan, but Chromatica truly is a cursed era. Everytime she releases something from it, something terrible happens.

after the elections  she'll have "Gucci" to prepare for tho... maybe a re-release with new songs after that? if she still cares...

A Popster Is Born 16,862
13 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Why do we still compare ASIB to Chromatica :rip:

One was marketed to the GP (GrandParents) and the other to the gays. GrandParents buy music, gays stream it for like a month and then move on and want a new album.

and still pulling streaming numbers 2years later

Grandparents did that 

FRANZGA

• paws up 1

53 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Chromatica’s problem was never the initial stats, it has been longevity

I think that's what most of us are disappointed with anyway. The era was very frontloaded with success. She's not flopping and she's still doing better than many other pop girls but we all know the chart run could have been just a tad bit better.

• paws up 2

GODGA went from :

EaJ0zViX0AAXFZL?format=jpg&name=medium

to:

EaJ1G4CX0AAFJCr?format=jpg&name=large

Streaming Legend!

No amount of sabotage from Spotify and that RAT Troy Carter, stopped her from becoming The Queen of Pop.

Edited by entela
  • paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 2