Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,433
8 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Isn't Amazon Music paying the MOST, even more than Apple Music?

Yes i can confirm that. While the fact AM pays more than spotify is correct, the difference between spotify and AM is not that big.

Its something like

Youtube <<<<<<<< spotify < Apple <<<< Amazon

A Popster Is Born 16,865
19 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

10 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Yes i can confirm that. While the fact AM pays more than spotify is correct, the difference between spotify and AM is not that big.

Its something like

Youtube <<<<<<<< spotify < Apple <<<< Amazon

don't forget TIDAL.. high payout but lowered streams for Non- Bey, JayZ and Kanye artists :tea:

Popster for Sale 41,999
19 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

That's only for Amazon Music Unlimited apparently.

So I've checked and it's more like

Amazon Music Unlimited > Tidal > YouTube Red > Apple Music/Google Play > Deezer > Amazon Prime > Spotify >> YouTube/Pandora

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,696

Things Gaga has achieved in the past two years. (Just to show you that she is definitly not underperforming.)

1. "A Star Is Born ST" is one of the biggest female albums since 2015

2. Shallow is on it´s way to become the biggest female song of all time 

3. Shallow already is the most awarded song of all time

4."Chromatica" had one of the biggest album debutes on Spotify for a female artist

5. Chromatica surpassed 1 billion streams on Spotify in less than 4 months after it´s release

6. Chromatica is the album with the most #1 peaks at official charts around the world released in 2020

7. Gaga still gains around 9-10 million streams on Spotify each day without any promo since May (except one video and live performance).

8. 2 #1 albums and 2# 1 singles in the US

9. One of the best selling Vegas residency of all time (around 1.5 million $ per show)

I

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 12,847
12 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Things Gaga has achieved in the past two years. (Just to show you that she is definitly not underperforming.)

She's not underperforming in the artpop sense where its doing just about OK but she's losing against her peers and the press is negative, no...but:

As a whole project the Chromatica album has shown poor longevity, starting with Stupid Love. even without the promo excuse, to go from ASIB to this is dissapointing, although on paper she had the good debuts and peaks and WW certs scraping past Joanne or ARTPOP isn't great.. Its just this needed a hell of a lot more attention and effort to become more decent.

Although it's still a success I agree - I just hope they think of a way to end this on a high commercially and otherwise, because her core fanbase is being deprived, and afterall, this is definitely a project for them that could never of happened without the ASIB era receipts 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,975

we have to admit that Chromatica is underperforming on the WW charts if we talk about longevity.
It is okay and her career is still fine.

The longevity is disappointing especially after the ASIB era but Chromatica was for her old fanbase anyway. For example, Chromatica in the UK is #39 on downloads and #97 on streaming, but not Top 100 on physical albums. Which is shocking for someone who's always been a good physical seller. It seems that the new fanbase she built with Joanne and mostly ASIB are not here for this album. And it’s normal since it is a dance/house album.

But please, be objective about charts. The fact that the album is about to leave the top 100 in the US and UK isn’t good at all. Yeah, the promo was always dead during this era but the VMAs didn’t change the road of this album anyway.

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 5
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,433

I was checking Lana's UK's stats and some of chart runs are so random :rip:

For example, High By The Beach serving 60-64-60-OUT

How do you drop straight out of the charts from #60 if you rose the previous week :rip:

Same with Fk it I Love You: 78-59-OUT. The rise here it was because of the album release effect but still :rip:

I was checking past years grammy nominations for best instrumental composition and that category is reserved mostly to movie scores, so I wouldn't expect Chromatica II to get a nom there.

Her best shot for a nom is in the best instrumental arrangement category.

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 12,847

I think unlike Artpop Chromatica has more potential and will have catalogue boosts. It'll never stick, but with another single and a push she can do potentially 25 weeks UK album chart and 35 US top 200. Not great but that's comfortably OK. 20 weeks is Meh 

Ok, I’m gonna give my unasked opinion because why not.

I think a lot of people are comparing ASIB and Chromatica in a very unfair way. ASIB was a success, yes, but the album was being promoted every single week for what 4 months? Plus all of the award ceremonies, which were a lot and were giving Gaga and the album (and film of course) very good press. Those things had a lot of impact, specially in its longevity.

Chromatica on the other hand was not promoted at all if we compare it to ASIB. And it’s a pop album, which is worth noting. Chromatica’s problem was never the initial stats, it has been longevity. This means that people have moved on to other things because they didn’t care about it. I still think that if the album was promoted like Joanne was, the album would have been a total success. Chromatica has proven that Gaga has the attention, but the material, for whatever reason, didn’t click with the audience and that’s fine. I always like to consider Chromatica as a transition album towards streaming, and it has worked. With an album that clicks with the audience and a successful single, the next album could do numbers.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2

• LetsGetHigh changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread
15 minutes ago, Miaou said:

we have to admit that Chromatica is underperforming on the WW charts if we talk about longevity.
It is okay and her career is still fine.

The longevity is disappointing especially after the ASIB era but Chromatica was for her old fanbase anyway. For example, Chromatica in the UK is #39 on downloads and #97 on streaming, but not Top 100 on physical albums. Which is shocking for someone who's always been a good physical seller. It seems that the new fanbase she built with Joanne and mostly ASIB are not here for this album. And it’s normal since it is a dance/house album.

But please, be objective about charts. The fact that the album is about to leave the top 100 in the US and UK isn’t good at all. Yeah, the promo was always dead during this era but the VMAs didn’t change the road of this album anyway.

This post is a whole contradiction, first you say it's an underperformance and than you explain why it isn't which makes sense. So considering the circumstances Chromatica did well.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,433
8 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

Ok, I’m gonna give my unasked opinion because why not.

I think a lot of people are comparing ASIB and Chromatica in a very unfair way. ASIB was a success, yes, but the album was being promoted every single week for what 4 months? Plus all of the award ceremonies, which were a lot and were giving Gaga and the album (and film of course) very good press. Those things had a lot of impact, specially in its longevity.

Chromatica on the other hand was not promoted at all if we compare it to ASIB. And it’s a pop album, which is worth noting. Chromatica’s problem was never the initial stats, it has been longevity. This means that people have moved on to other things because they didn’t care about it. I still think that if the album was promoted like Joanne was, the album would have been a total success. Chromatica has proven that Gaga has the attention, but the material, for whatever reason, didn’t click with the audience and that’s fine. I always like to consider Chromatica as a transition album towards streaming, and it has worked. With an album that clicks with the audience and a successful single, the next album could do numbers.

I agree but I would add that ASIB was made to please the GP who were gonna watch the movie while Chromatica's aim was clearly pleasing the fans who wanted Gaga to return to dance music for  along time. Of course both things are inside of "gaga doing what she wants to do" but I think it's an important distinction.