Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Kindness Admin 7,530
2 hours ago, Miaou said:

a commercial disappointment when Folklore debuted with 80M streams on Spotify The first day :awkney:

Yikes 

I guess we all have our own standard of a «commercial disappointment » 

56 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Thx for your support.

Everybody has different oppinions and that´s ok.

53 minutes ago, beng said:

Some of you are really obsessed with hating other artists. No need to keep repeating the same old sh*t everyday. Just put it in your signature and call it a day.

Y'all do need to remember that we never actually have all the data and we all have different standards for success, as our cat said. We also tend to overlook some details and hyper focus on others when it comes to people we do and do not like. Just take a chill, it doesn't really matter who has done better, cause everyone is doing just fine. We're too small to scare people off with 10 pages of useless arguing :awkney:

Anyway, Purpose > After Hours in terms of success, but probs not in acclaim. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,809
17 minutes ago, admin said:

Y'all do need to remember that we never actually have all the data and we all have different standards for success, as our cat said. We also tend to overlook some details and hyper focus on others when it comes to people we do and do not like. Just take a chill, it doesn't really matter who has done better, cause everyone is doing just fine. We're too small to scare people off with 10 pages of useless arguing :awkney:

Anyway, Purpose > After Hours in terms of success, but probs not in acclaim. 

I think Chromatica is a success, just about, with a lot of missed opportunity and poor planning. If she had planned for a hit after ROM and not just an Italian radio single with a decent MV, then this era would be a lot better for us commercially. The streaming figures would be better and the chartruns would be easily out doing Artpop and Joanne that either had a lot more promo and more planning and hits. In the UK both singles out did ARTPOP and ROM is a legitimate smash.

This is how a Gaga era sells past her peak, if we look at Joanne and Artpop but it could've done much better with more push. I just hope they know that... A re release that would still be under the Chromatica brand would also do wonders 

• paws up 7

A Popster Is Born 16,835
1 hour ago, entela said:

Your estimations are really good I must say, probably close enough to the real ones (+/- ) 300k-500k maybe.

Sadly you have some people that have trashed you in here (I wouldn't pay them much attention tbh, since they are the kind that thinks Spotify and Radio payola doesn't exist, so they are a lil bit delulus)

Waiting for your next Chromatica update!

My issue here is the conversion to album unit..

@Gagacharts is using the CSPC Method??? And as far as i can remember YT is not /1500.. twas /11750 in CSPC

I think it's better to use IFPI Conversion.. something like

/10 for digital or physical sales

/150 for paid streams

/(500-1000) for free streams

Edited by FRANZGA

11 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Chromatica might serve ARTPOP in 2013 and her label report shipments to IFPI and it be like 1.5m :sistrens:

Please you need to drop OGH's fave excuse.

As if in 2020 labels are shipping that much physical copies.

Most of the consuming is in digital and streaming, so whatever number Godga will pose with, before Grammy voting ends (like the one of ASIB moving 6M in 2019) it will be the exact one.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,669

TAIWAN
6 (8) 20 Chromatica

LITHUANIA
40 (34) 20 Chromatica

IRELAND
85 (70) 20 Chromatica

43 (47) 21 Rain On Me

BELGIUM Wallonia
85 (91) 20 Chromatica

BELGIUM Flanders
135 (122) 20 Chromatica

43 (22) 21 Rain On Me

NETHERLANDS
Out (93) 19 Chromatica

87 (88) 21 Rain On Me

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835

When did UK stop using a top200 Album Chart?? Cause i can remember 1stan4badgalriri bragging bout ANTI's longevity in the 3digits region.. or am i trippin or sumthin

A Popster Is Born 10,029
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

so folklore surpassed Chromatica already on Spotify without big playlist support, the way taylor won

see when you serve a strong body of work with fans that actually stream it

Spoiler

Chromatica is such a wasted album, it's so good but paid dust