Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347

The problem with this is kind of similar to the problem the grammys had with the urban category. The grammys should judge which category does a song fit based on the song not the artist. Lady Gaga is a pop artist and most of her songs fit into the pop categories, but chromatica is an EDM album as much as is is pop. Rain On Me for instance is a song with a house production and a house drop. It is a dance song period. Same could be said about many songs in chromatica. SFA for instance, it sounds like a SHM/Axwell&Ingrosso song, there is no way you can say it is not a dance song.

The problem is that 10 years ago they let pop songs with slighlty dance elements be nominated and win. Only Girl In The World is not a dance song and DITD isn't either, but half of Chromatica songs are clearly EDM.

• paws up 3

4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

That would be a real kii after 911 with both not the songs MVs were rumored (FW Babylon)

Maybe the plan was to make videos for FW and Babylon but they saw how babylon bombed in streams and FW only did ok even though it had some playlisting so they just went with the most streamed tracks instead :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
Just now, beng said:

@Andreu the way i read it, you meant it was a contender for Dance Recording, and will also definitely be nominated in the remix cateogry

I was talking about the big EDM songs of 2020 not necesarily the contenders for the best dance recording grammy

Popster for Sale 41,741
3 minutes ago, entela said:

One second he is the popa911 police, suddenly best dance recording police it's him

One second you claim peaks are irrelevant, suddenly the one comparing peaks is you.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
6 minutes ago, entela said:

Super true.

This year, the dance scene has been super dry, so I wouldn't be surprised if Alice gets in.

After all it's a pure dance song.

I feel like it's been super dry for a lot of years. We need a new generation of fresh names, since it seems like the last big generation of new stars from 2013-15 (Garrix, Heldens,...) don't care as much as they did anymore :bradley:

A Popster Is Born 13,388
3 minutes ago, chartgaga said:

where is that delusional fanfiction Gaga submitted in Dance Recording? she is not allowed to... the Dance categories are reserved to DJs only

spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,741
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I was talking about the big EDM songs of 2020 not necesarily the contenders for the best dance recording grammy

So I just misread what you meant because you were replying to a question about dance recording contenders