Charts Discussion : DWAS / Disease starts to spread

PanPikus

Not sure why we’re concerned about APT. We’ve literally had two of the strongest months of tracking here that have even outdone the ASIB days, can’t we be grateful for that?

Especially now that we’re all about to return to our regularly scheduled standards starting from next weekend. 

It’s not as though APT is any competition for the LG7 lead to begin with 

Edited by holyenigma
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 2

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 12,772
On 10/20/2024 at 10:46 AM, Max_Vandeburg said:

Watch some members ask for a separate thread to track APT. :icant:

Let's just create separate threads for each information we don't like. :jailga:

I already asked for a separate thread for the imaginary countdowns :icant:

• lol 2

Popster This Way 712
On 10/20/2024 at 4:46 PM, FRANZGA said:

KPop Songs fall on Saturday most of the time.. APT just skyrocketed even after an impressive debut

The majority of new releases fall on Saturdays but it's not something shocking for me! I was expecting a boost today because of the time of the release and indeed it got a big boost in countries like Australia, Indonesia, Philippines etc where the song had a whole day of charting and not hours! I guess word of mouth also helped the song since it was almost a surprise release! We will see tomorrow and early in the week if this has staying power! But as I said even if it has, I don't know why some of you acting like this is a disaster! DWAS is a smash and nobody expected the song to be #1 for two months! The meltdowns are hilarious and with no reason :laughga:

A Popster Is Born 12,337
On 10/20/2024 at 10:57 AM, Gaga Banana said:

Die With A Smile #1 in Switzerland 

:oscar:

OMG WE WON @Miaou :oprah::oprah::oprah:

Die With A Smile has now reached #1 on 16 official charts around the world :oscar:

Spoiler

Global 200
Global 200 Excl. US

Belgium (Flanders)
Iceland 
Indonesia
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Philippines
Portugal
Singapore
South Africa
Switzerland
United Arab Emirates

*excluding Airplay-only charts

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 2

Popstanne 5,575

I dont think apt will have the longevity of DWAS but damn i have not seen a hitmaker like bruno mars im shook 

Well lets hope n pray n manifest that DISEASE/DITS whatever is the name of the LG-7 lead single, it smashes so that we beat collab carried allegations

AMEN

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,284

it's interesting how narratives are created, If Gaga came with collab with The Weekend for example and it pulled APT ppl would use it to discredit her again, but now that another bruno collab did well they are using it for #thankyoubruno narrative 

• thanks 3

On 10/20/2024 at 11:10 AM, Replay said:

it's interesting how narratives are created, If Gaga came with collab with The Weekend for example and it pulled APT ppl would use it to discredit her again, but now that another bruno collab did well they are using it for #thankyoubruno narrative 

The "solo song" narrative is only used against women, especially Gaga.

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 659

Pretty shocking for APT's streaming performance.

I wonder what numbers will it get tomorrow and Monday. We'll most likely lost the no.1 position.

Imo, I think APT is catchy but I don't think it has staying power. 

• paws up 1

I just wish Bruno had waited a few more weeks to release this song so that Gaga could have a chance to reach #1 in Monthly Listeners with the lead. Bruno will definitely reach that first and stay there for a while.

At least Gaga will surpass Billie and be #1 female. :romance:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,335
On 10/20/2024 at 9:02 AM, Gaga Banana said:

Not the good sis Harlequin catching strays in this K-pop feud:nickiha:

But this logic doesn't make sense. An artist with a song with many streams should have many monthly listeners. The converse, however, is not necessarily true. A banana is a fruit but a fruit is not necessarily a banana.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 6,034

Usually K-Pop stuff tend to be frontloaded, I have doubts as well this song will have longevity also because it sounds annoying, but anyway hopefully Gaga lead will manage to do great. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,989
On 10/20/2024 at 4:10 PM, Replay said:

Gaga will never win against Twitter liddos anyway. Even if she was pulling DWAS numbers on a solo song, I'm 100% certain OGH will put it on the playlisting, the producer's involved, or anything else to avoid saying Gaga has a role in the success.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,048

This degrading manufactured ugly disgusting song is mostly supported by streaming farms IDGAF! During the week it will decrease. I have planted the seed and I will see the harvest :lesson:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

Popstanne 8,470

The #thankyoubruno thing looks silly currently, as far as we know this jump in streams could have happened thanks to massive streaming farms from BP fans and less from Bruno’s audience 

Then the song happens to feature Bruno who’s a huge hitmaker but this jump doesn’t look gradual or organic (at the moment) the way DWAS jump was 

• thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 17,284
On 10/20/2024 at 4:28 PM, Thrasher said:

The #thankyoubruno thing looks silly currently, as far as we know this jump in streams could have happened thanks to massive streaming farms from BP fans and less from Bruno’s audience 

Then the song happens to feature Bruno who’s a huge hitmaker but this jump doesn’t look gradual or organic (at the moment) the way DWAS jump was 

jump is partially because of timing. Song was released US midnight so on debut day Rose biggest markets only had partial day

Popster for Sale 46,723
On 10/20/2024 at 3:28 PM, Thrasher said:

The song was very viral on tiktok though. I think it sucks too.

I was so wrong about how it would perform though. But who cares it'll only help DWAS, even if it snatches the #1 (which it definitely will imo). My only qualm is the monthly listeners thing as I wanted Gaga to reach #1 and I doubt Disease will perform anything like ATP.

We need quality above all though! 

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 17,688
On 10/20/2024 at 9:59 PM, Harry Kat said:

I don't know why some of you acting like this is a disaster! DWAS is a smash and nobody expected the song to be #1 for two months! The meltdowns are hilarious and with no reason :laughga:

It's because of the #thankyouBrunoMars allegations basically reinforced with APT. smashing :icant:

APT smashing obviously boosted DWAS

Edited by FRANZGA