Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 46,907
On 10/21/2024 at 12:16 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Of course this is peaking right before it enters top 10 on radio 

:rip:

I can't believe HAC isn't stanning the f out of this song. I still think they'll come around.

• paws up 2

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop-a-911-ster 29,286

what if she didn't announce herself because of the disease so she's currently sick? :ohhh:

Spoiler

sorry I'm trying to think like a swiftie and it's too early in the morning for me Regular Season Drinking GIF by Major League Soccer

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 42,433
On 10/21/2024 at 7:21 AM, OreoDisease said:

I can't believe HAC isn't stanning the f out of this song. I still think they'll come around.

Yeah it is shocking ngl, I’m holding out for some hope but getting nervous 

Popster to Popster 4,246
On 10/21/2024 at 5:30 AM, Supersonic said:

I think that's reason why it didn't connect with the public when the song first came out, the chorus in the grand scheme of things is the weakest part of the song. The grit, the production, the filthy bass, the dance-break are top notch, the chorus is almost too tame for the song.

The song sounds signifcantly better live though, because the additional layering of live instrumentation and fuller prodction elevates it to the same level as the verses. 

"She's trying too hard for Bad Romance 2.0, and the song is not as good" was the main narrative I remember from back then. I think when you remove the song from the time it was released, that "complaint" has disappeared.  :gaycat:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 19,782
On 10/21/2024 at 12:53 PM, Leptine said:

Those things are handled by Interscope people, not Bobby.. I think there are good chances they’re gonna spend a bit for playlists and promo since Gaga is making them money with DWAS.. I think she’s gonna have the #1 spot on TTH this Friday very likely.

For the rest I don’t think playlisting matters that much like some years ago and we saw that with HM, what the song really needs is to take over TikTok, that is absolutely what the song needs. 

What’s HM?

• lol 2

Popstanne 6,121

Squirrel not being the choreographer anymore with the new music video possibly having a good choreo (maybe with those Silent Hills nurses rumors) is another good news for TikTok where the choreo can be recreated easily :oprah:

• yaas, gaga 2

ARTPOPster 2,076
On 10/21/2024 at 7:33 AM, DonnieDarko said:

What’s HM?

Heavy Metal

Spoiler

Happy Mistake

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,076
On 10/21/2024 at 7:38 AM, Leptine said:

Not sure if you were ironic.. 

Most of us would love to forget the existence of Harlequin...Donnie's ahead of the game

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

Popstanne 6,121
On 10/21/2024 at 11:30 AM, Supersonic said:

I think that's reason why it didn't connect with the public when the song first came out, the chorus in the grand scheme of things is the weakest part of the song. The grit, the production, the filthy bass, the dance-break are top notch, the chorus is almost too tame for the song.

The song sounds signifcantly better live though, because the additional layering of live instrumentation and fuller prodction elevates it to the same level as the verses. 

I’m glad the song was a hit in my country, I never perceived it like a missing hit but one of her biggest ones. 

A Popster Is Born 19,782
On 10/21/2024 at 1:38 PM, Leptine said:
  Hide contents

Not sure if you were ironic.. 

I wasn’t. I truly forgot about it. 

On 10/21/2024 at 1:40 PM, Ben said:

Most of us would love to forget the existence of Harlequin...Donnie's ahead of the game

Well, you didn’t lie this time.

:excited:

• hugs 1

Popstanne 6,121
On 10/21/2024 at 1:40 PM, Ben said:

I see, from a side I understand but to me it remains a valid music project, the best thing that came out of the JFAD era and she did the right thing in doing it given that if it wasn’t enough for the director to sideline her, he also made her singing bad in the movie. 

• hugs 1
  • thanks 2
  • love 3

A Popster Is Born 19,782
On 10/21/2024 at 1:42 PM, FRANZGA said:

i'm kinda over DWAS

Give me DISEASE now :katy:

Oh you’ll be back, honey. 
:katy:

Thank god we have DWAS because if we would only have Harlequin to go back to, then

family guy suicide GIF

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 19,782
On 10/21/2024 at 1:46 PM, Leptine said:

I see, from a side I understand but to me it remains a valid music project, the best thing that came out of the JFAD era and she did the right thing in doing it given that if it wasn’t enough for the director to sideline her, he also made her singing bad in the movie. 

It is a valid music project. It most definitely is. I guess, I would love for it to be a different genre.

• paws up 1