Charts Discussion : DWAS / Disease starts to spread

PanPikus

ARTPOPster 2,235
On 10/3/2024 at 4:29 PM, VoldeLorde said:

Imagine she left Happy Mistake for LG7 :bradley: a certified smash would be no question :bradley: I still am not over that performance :bradley:

From Abracadabra to Happy Mistake. A true Perfect Illusion to Million Reasons experience.

• lol 3

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 2,235

I opened Spotify and Die With A Smile started playing by itself. It should be like that for everyone so we can get 30 million streams in a day

• paws up 2
  • lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,755
On 10/3/2024 at 4:10 PM, XXXlop said:

Start date  October 1, 2024
End date    November 5, 2024

I hope it helps the song stick around at global #1 for some more days, at least a week. There's  enough time for another song to go #1 on global and steal our record for 2024.

Popster for Sale 46,750
On 10/3/2024 at 8:27 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Happy Mistake

Apple Music:

#27 Singapore (+9)

#27 Turkmenistan (NE)

#54 Taiwan (+9)

#61 Malaysia (+17)

#65 Cambodia (+35)

#71 Myanmar (+3)

#101 Hong Kong (+12)

#121 Vietnam (+6)

#198 Indonesia (NE)

A sea hit coming ? :whatga:

On 10/3/2024 at 8:30 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Bonus:

Spotify Taiwan 

#193 Happy Mistake (New Entry)

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

ouuuu @Fame Romance

The way it was the first Gaga song I heard spontaneously playing in my vacation in Thailand :giveup:

Followed by DWAS, Bad Romance and ARUTW (weird reggar cover but alas)

Edited by OreoÀDeux
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,152

HDD: "THE FUTURE OF GRAMMY IS (MOSTLY) FEMALE"

"We expect women to dominate the top Grammy categories when the noms come out. That’s not to say several talented male artists won’t make the cut (and we’ll be dealing with many of these in a separate article), but look for a preponderance of women to populate the Big 4".

"Lady Gaga: Interscope’s force of nature is also getting a giant look with a movie (the new Joker entry). But she’s already getting some ROTY buzz for “Die With a Smile,” her smash duet with Bruno Mars".

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=342874&title=THE-FUTURE-OF-GRAMMY-IS-%28MOSTLY%29-FEMALE

• paws up 15
  • yaas, gaga 11
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,755

I'm obsessed with the movie, I can't wait to watch it again. It's really visually striking and Gaga looked so pretty and crazy.

I missed her theatrical side, I really hope the music video for the lead is an experience. 

OT: DWAS is dominating TikTok, I swear there's hundreds of videos using it with millions and millions of likes.  I bet she's getting a lot of new/young fans because of it. 

• paws up 8
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 286

DWAS

Spotify Germany: #10

Apple Music Germany: #7

i think a top 10 entry on the charts this week could be possible :excited:

• paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,755
On 10/3/2024 at 4:45 PM, XXXlop said:

"Lady Gaga: Interscope’s force of nature is also getting a giant look with a movie (the new Joker entry). But she’s already getting some ROTY buzz for “Die With a Smile,” her smash duet with Bruno Mars".

She's gonna get what she f-ing deserves :applause::applause::applause:

Popster to Popster 4,225
On 10/3/2024 at 9:46 AM, Azor Ahai said:

I'm obsessed with the movie, I can't wait to watch it again. It's really visually striking and Gaga looked so pretty and crazy.

I missed her theatrical side, I really hope the music video for the lead is an experience. 

OT: DWAS is dominating TikTok, I swear there's hundreds of videos using it with millions and millions of likes.  I bet she's getting a lot of new/young fans because of it. 

Im off today, so I'm going again in a few hours. 

Spoiler

I'm the only seat in the theater booked. :bigbird:

• sad 1
  • lol 1

Popstanne 6,041

I'm not worried about LG7 giving the performance of Harlequin, but given the overall negativity heat is currently coming to the movie and the fact that in contraposition she still has the biggest song globally, I would release the first single on January and letting people move on from the movie mess and the Holidays pass.

Before I get expected quotes about movie and album not being correlated, sure, but it's about other factors as well.

DWAS is still going strong, not even the Weeknd return couldn't dethrone it and I would focus promo on it, having a song becoming this big doesn't happen easily, they should played all the cards to make the song going #1 plus the promo would possibly work for Grammys.

Xmas is behind the corner, Mariah is already teasing, releasing the new single in the middle of October for how much it can survive before Xmas songs take over?

I know it's not ideal pushing the lead in January, but right now it would be more wise focusing on the thing that is going strong and give it even a further push.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,755
On 10/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, Imtired1616 said:

Im off today, so I'm going again in a few hours. 

Hide contents

I'm the only seat in the theater booked. :bigbird:

It's packed here for the first week but word of mouth is terrible. All social media comments in Greece are shocked it's a musical and complain about no Batman etc. 

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,225
On 10/3/2024 at 10:02 AM, Azor Ahai said:

It's packed here for the first week but word of mouth is terrible. All social media comments in Greece are shocked it's a musical and complain about no Batman etc. 

So the same complaints there would be even if Todd had made the unmissable modern masterpiece of the 21st century. Great. :bigbird:

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 46,750
On 10/3/2024 at 8:57 PM, Leptine said:

I'm not worried about LG7 giving the performance of Harlequin, but given the overall negativity heat is currently coming to the movie and the fact that in contraposition she still has the biggest song globally, I would release the first single on January and letting people move on from the movie mess and the Holidays pass.

Before I get expected quotes about movie and album not being correlated, sure, but it's about other factors as well.

DWAS is still going strong, not even the Weeknd return couldn't dethrone it and I would focus promo on it, having a song becoming this big doesn't happen easily, they should played all the cards to make the song going #1 plus the promo would possibly work for Grammys.

Xmas is behind the corner, Mariah is already teasing, releasing the new single in the middle of October for how much it can survive before Xmas songs take over?

I know it's not ideal pushing the lead in January, but right now it would be more wise focusing on the thing that is going strong and give it even a further push.

I think DWAS will be doing it's own thing for a long long time so no point in delaying other stuff because of it. It's just one of those massive songs that have a life of their own. 

I think releasing LG7 lead now is a good move because it could deflect some attention from how poorly J:FAD is being received while utilizing it's frontloaded hype. Unless it also bombs of course. :bigbird:

• paws up 3
  • lol 2
  • love 1

Popster This Way 695
On 10/3/2024 at 3:57 PM, Leptine said:

I'm not worried about LG7 giving the performance of Harlequin, but given the overall negativity heat is currently coming to the movie and the fact that in contraposition she still the biggest song globally going on strong, I would release the first single on January and letting people move on from the movie mess and the Holidays pass.

I know it's not ideal, but let's be realistic pushing the lead in January, but right now it would be more wise focusing on the thing that is going strong and give it even a further push.

The lead single is probably a very dark pop song, ideally themed for Halloween. It would not make sense to release it in early 2025.

It is already bad enough that they postponed the album to 2025. I remember many 2025 truthers saying she should postpone LG7 to 2025 to focus on JFAD and Awards season and look how that turned out.

I hope Gaga never postpones any music in favor of a slight chance that the movie could do well in terms of critics/awards/Box office ever again.... everything can derail very fast in that aspect and in the streaming age it makes sense to release frequently to strike the  iron while it is still hot.

• paws up 6
  • lol 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,755
On 10/3/2024 at 5:04 PM, Imtired1616 said:

So the same complaints there would be even if Todd had made the unmissable modern masterpiece of the 21st century. Great. :bigbird:

I think even with 100% on Rotten, this movie, as a serious musical drama, would flop. As you say, most of the complaints don't have to do with specifics, the audience just really didn't like the genre.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 46,750
On 10/3/2024 at 9:07 PM, nattuggla89 said:

The lead single is probably a very dark pop song, ideally themed for Halloween. It would not make sense to release it in early 2025.

It is already bad enough that they postponed the album to 2025. I remember many 2025 truthers saying she should postpone LG7 to 2025 to focus on JFAD and Awards season and look how that turned out.

I hope Gaga never postpones any music in favor of a slight chance that the movie could do well in terms of critics/awards/Box office ever again.... everything can derail very fast in that aspect and in the streaming age it makes sense to release frequently to strike the  iron while it is still hot.

Exactly. I'm glad she didn't put thing on hold because of J:FAD and is actually utilizing it in her favour. Let's just hope everything is great (music/visuals) - they seem to have a rollout planned with more than one single to build momentum for the album release in february.

This is an healthy sign considering all of Gaga's releases the past decade have been compressed into basically just a month... but we shall see. 

• paws up 9