Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 14,385

International markets will save the movie. Like I said, all press is good press. The more people talk, the more they would wanna see it.

• paws up 22
  • thanks 1
  • love 4

Popster to Popster 4,828
On 10/3/2024 at 1:23 AM, Gaga Banana said:

Saw the movie, super disappointed. Definitely HOG was way better. It felt like there was nothing going on, esp. the second part.

Yup. It's SUCH a boring film, which is the biggest sin a movie can make imo. 

• paws up 5
  • hugs 1
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,828

Also, I really am starting to wonder if she should try and push HM as an official single. I think with enough TV performances shoved down their throats, Americans would get on board. MR 2.0... :laughga:

• paws up 4
  • lol 2

On 10/3/2024 at 1:39 AM, ConnorFilm said:

Also, I really am starting to wonder if she should try and push HM as an official single. I think with enough TV performances shoved down their throats, Americans would get on board. MR 2.0... :laughga:

LG7 lead is like two weeks away. I think they'll focus on pushing that, and let JFAD push Harlequin.

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 855
Spoiler

One the bright side, I think Gaga is the only redeeming element of the movie, I liked the singing. I think she deserved more meaningful screentime, she felt more supporting, with few scenes excpetiions, I would say she is borderline lead in this.

Edited by Gaga Banana

A Popster Is Born 11,816
On 10/3/2024 at 8:21 AM, Adarsh said:

International markets will save the movie. Like I said, all press is good press. The more people talk, the more they would wanna see it.

China box office will also help

If it land 600/700M globally I will be happy

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,310
On 10/3/2024 at 2:23 PM, Gaga Banana said:

Saw the movie, super disappointed. Definitely HOG was way better. It felt like there was nothing going on, esp. the second part.

On 10/3/2024 at 2:38 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Yup. It's SUCH a boring film, which is the biggest sin a movie can make imo. 

You guys never watched any indie movie right? A lot of artistic movies go on this way, they just set the camera on the protagonist with no plots:icant:

I don’t understand why they invest that much money on this film, this is more of a Sundance movie than a Oscar worthy movie

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,310
On 10/3/2024 at 3:01 PM, GraceRandolph said:

I don't think that's happening, at this point $600M would be a relief.

Do we know the budget of JFAD?

At this point they should use the negative reviews to promote it, I bet a lot of people want to see how bad it can be:ally:

(I still think it’s a relatively good movie)

Edited by Gabi

Popster to Popster 4,828
On 10/3/2024 at 2:01 AM, GraceRandolph said:

I don't think that's happening, at this point $600M would be a relief.

I fear it might not cross $400M... 
I follow a lot of film industry people on Twitter and... things are *not* looking good when it comes to this having legs and good word of mouth. It's honestly over if the Cinemascore, which polls people at theaters, is below a B. Usually anything with a B- or lower has terrible legs. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 5

On 10/3/2024 at 2:02 AM, ConnorFilm said:

I fear it might not cross $400M... 
I follow a lot of film industry people on Twitter and... things are *not* looking good when it comes to this having legs and good word of mouth. It's honestly over if the Cinemascore, which polls people at theaters, is below a B. Usually anything with a B- or lower has terrible legs. 

If it makes less than ASIB then it's a complete disaster. :dead:

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,310
On 10/3/2024 at 1:06 PM, DonnieDarko said:

JFAD is not even half as entertaining as HOG to me, despite being a highly anticipated supervillain movie. It’s often way too slow and boring at places, while HOG was just an entertaining watch throughout the whole film, even with pacing problems. 

HoG is very entertaining only because Gaga is in it and she did a fantastic job, Ridley Scott should thank our girl for saving his a**, otherwise he will get another panned movie in the basket.

The Fame Popster 363

Break even is likely around $450-475M with a production budget of $190M.

Let's just see how the weekend unfolds. 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,828
On 10/3/2024 at 2:05 AM, GraceRandolph said:

If it makes less than ASIB then it's a complete disaster. :dead:

I... think that might be a reality... which is shocking to me. 

• sad 1

A Popster Is Born 19,582
On 10/3/2024 at 9:07 AM, Gabi said:

HoG is very entertaining only because Gaga is in it and she did a fantastic job, Ridley Scott should thank our girl for saving his a**, otherwise he will get another panned movie in the basket.

To you? Sure. To me it’s very entertaining and interesting. I love true crime stories, I love northern Italy and I just enjoyed the movie. 

• paws up 1