Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412
On 10/5/2024 at 3:15 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Like seriously even if Joker has faults, there is no way it's worse than Morbius starring crap actor Jared Leto.

I don't know why they all wanted Joker to the panned movie of the moment, but it's trully going real too far.

Real reviews come out on Monday

• paws up 1
  • lol 6

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 10/6/2024 at 2:12 AM, XXXlop said:

Nice analysis, however I think the main problem in the film is not the idea behind the argument, but the execution of that idea.

The same idea, could have been telled in a much better way. 

That's why it's just a bad movie.

There are some parts that can be improved for sure, but there’s nothing wrong with how they tell the story.

Todd showed all the details we need to know in the movie to understand the development of the character. He chose a very artistic way to express Arthur’s feelings and it’s not very approachable to most of the audience. It conveys messages with subtle hints and vague conversations like a lot of indie movies do, and I bet it’s the only way to persuade Joaquin to be casted in this film because he definitely doesn’t want to be in a traditional commercial film for the same role.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 34,501

The fact that Gaga reached 100M monthly listeners without releasing a studio album yet :rip:

Taylor did after releasing 103910110 albums

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/5/2024 at 11:57 PM, Gabi said:

There are some parts that can be improved for sure, but there’s nothing wrong with how they tell the story.

Todd showed all the details we need to know in the movie to understand the development of the character. He chose a very artistic way to express Arthur’s feelings and it’s not very approachable to most of the audience. It conveys messages with subtle hints and vague conversations like a lot of indie movies do, and I bet it’s the only way to persuade Joaquin to be casted in this film because he definitely doesn’t want to be in a traditional commercial film for the same role.

If the budget was less than 100M, none of this would’ve looked like a problem tbh

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,735
On 10/6/2024 at 1:42 AM, Adarsh said:

If the budget was less than 100M, none of this would’ve looked like a problem tbh

that's the only thing I've been wondering, what the FACK in the movie that made it cost 200m$ to produce :icant:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 34,501
On 10/5/2024 at 8:43 PM, kékette said:

I’m sick as hell since yesterday so my trip to the sidewalk at the Tuilerie’s garden is canceled 

spacer.png

Edited by Miaou
  • hugs 1
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 10/6/2024 at 2:42 AM, Adarsh said:

Didn’t Gaga and Joaquin got paid 30 millions in total?

Todd already said the real budget is less than 200M so it might be roughly 150M I guess, he seems to be unbothered by the criticism 

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 10/6/2024 at 2:47 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

that's the only thing I've been wondering, what the FACK in the movie that made it cost 200m$ to produce :icant:

inb4 they lied and the real budget is actually less than 100M:icant: 

There’s no way this film has more budget than Dune2, which has 190m budget. 

ARTPOPster 1,741
On 10/5/2024 at 10:00 PM, Gabi said:

inb4 they lied and the real budget is actually less than 100M:icant: 

There’s no way this film has more budget than Dune2, which has 190m budget. 

The budget has been revealed to be 190m

Pop-a-911-ster 29,001

I don’t understand the meltdowns.

After this week, and likely the next, some fanbases will use this to drag her and us, and for most people, it will be labeled just another DC flop like the rest.

:oops:

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 871

Joker 2 gets so much undeserved hate from DC fanboys. They wanted action movie or whatever. I fear it is the audience not mature enough, the film has flaws etc, but it feels like not targeted to the right audience.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 10/6/2024 at 3:03 AM, Azor Ahai said:

The budget has been revealed to be 190m

Can you cite the source? I only read that Todd confirmed it’s less than 200M

ARTPOPster 2,222
On 10/5/2024 at 9:42 PM, Miaou said:

The fact that Gaga reached 100M monthly listeners without releasing a studio album yet :rip:

Taylor did after releasing 103910110 albums

I was sure that she would lose half of them after first month roll over but she went hard. DWAS is such a smash and we aall just left it behind cncncncncncm