Pop-a-911-ster 29,585
x3
On 10/5/2024 at 7:14 PM, BenG said:

Max WoW decrease

• 100 days to 1B streams: -3.5%
  • #1 fastest to 1B streams: -6.1%
  • #2 fastest to 1B streams: -7.1%
  • End 2024 with 1B streams: -11.1%

Refined the model and the max WoW decrease allowed are smaller than from the previous version

Previous model:

Hide contents

Max WoW decrease

• 100 days to 1B streams: -4.0%
  • #1 fastest to 1B streams: -6.7%
  • #2 fastest to 1B streams: -7.9%
  • End 2024 with 1B streams: -12.0%

so probably DWAS will be the fastest song to reach 1B streams on Spotify but it wont do it in less than 100 days

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster for Sale 44,053
On 10/5/2024 at 6:38 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Wait what happened?

Not this becoming a PA911 meme :icant:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,053
On 10/5/2024 at 6:43 PM, little legend said:

so probably DWAS will be the fastest song to reach 1B streams on Spotify but it wont do it in less than 100 days

Still too early to tell tbh. The WoW decrease here is assumed to be constant but the actual decrease might be less after this week. Harlequin probably gave it a little boost and it's rolling over that.

Also, LG7 lead may help it reach 1B faster.

Spoiler

The refined model takes into account the pattern throughout the week, e.g. Sunday has low streams etc. It currently uses the last 7 days to determine this pattern, which makes it susceptible to noise such as changes in playlisting and Harlequin boost. It could be further refined by taking more past data into account but I'll leave that for future work :icant:

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,053
On 10/5/2024 at 6:56 PM, corvus albus said:

This is a nice, relatively spoiler-free analysis of the movie and its backlash. You might want to use this in the future :gaga-thanks:

Erm what this has a huge spoiler :bigbird:

Edited by BenG

Pop-a-911-ster 29,585
x3
On 10/5/2024 at 7:48 PM, BenG said:

Still too early to tell tbh. The WoW decrease here is assumed to be constant but the actual decrease might be less after this week. Harlequin probably gave it a little boost and it's rolling over that.

Also, LG7 lead may help it reach 1B faster.

Hide contents

The refined model takes into account the pattern throughout the week, e.g. Sunday has low streams etc. It currently uses the last 7 days to determine this pattern, which makes it susceptible to noise such as changes in playlisting and Harlequin boost. It could be further refined by taking more past data into account but I'll leave that for future work :icant:

dont leave that for future work:nicki_scream:

you need to work and optimize the current susceptible to noise pattern:nicki_scream:

Popster for Sale 44,053
On 10/5/2024 at 7:06 PM, little legend said:

dont leave that for future work:nicki_scream:

you need to work and optimize the current susceptible to noise pattern:nicki_scream:

habit of a phd student to squeeze out more papers - draw a line once there's enough work done :icant:

• lol 2

Moderator 17,553
On 10/5/2024 at 8:05 PM, BenG said:

Erm what this has a huge spoiler :bigbird:

I said relatively :enigma:

Also, to read the whole thing you need to actually click on it. Meaning, 100% won't read the analysis  :icant:

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,053
On 10/5/2024 at 7:10 PM, corvus albus said:

I said relatively :enigma:

Also, to read the whole thing you need to actually click on it. Meaning, 100% won't read the analysis  :icant:

not when it's the highlighted part :icant:

ARTPOPster 1,081
On 10/5/2024 at 7:56 PM, corvus albus said:

This is a nice, relatively spoiler-free analysis of the movie and its backlash. You might want to use this in the future :gaga-thanks:

Nice analysis, however I think the main problem in the film is not the idea behind the argument, but the execution of that idea.

The same idea, could have been telled in a much better way. 

That's why it's just a bad movie.

• paws up 2

Moderator 17,553
On 10/5/2024 at 8:12 PM, XXXlop said:

Nice analysis, however I think the main problem in the film is not the idea behind the argument, but the execution of that idea.

The same idea, could have been telled in a much better way. 

That's why it's just a bad movie.

Spoiler

The quality of the movie is irrelevant, we need to look at Swifties that close ranks when Taylor does something stupid.

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,823

Like seriously even if Joker has faults, there is no way it's worse than Morbius starring crap actor Jared Leto.

I don't know why they all wanted Joker to the panned movie of the moment, but it's trully going real too far.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Moderator 17,553
On 10/5/2024 at 8:11 PM, BenG said:

not when it's the highlighted part :icant:

As a teacher, I know people are really lazy. Especially the older ones :icant:

5th and 6th graders are the only ones that I can rely on at this point :toofunny:

• lol 2

The Popster 72
On 10/5/2024 at 7:15 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Like seriously even if Joker has faults, there is no way it's worst than Morbius starring crap actor Jared Leto.

I don't know why they all wanted Joker to the panned movie of the moment, but it's trully going too far.

I think it would have to go hand in hand with the moviegoers’ expectations, the fans of the first movie definitely had something different in mind etc vs morbius that people knew was going to be terrible. 

I watched JFAD today and honestly liked it, the pacing sometimes was off but the overall idea is quite interesting 

• paws up 2