• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 12,645

Ok I finally watched the movie last night with my family. Quick thoughts

My opinion

Spoiler

I thought it was okay, like a 7/10. I was entertained the whole movie. Gaga is NOT underused. Of course Joaquin appears more, but everytime Gaga is not on screen, she is still the focus of the story. The musical aspect though... not a fan of it. A couple of songs were cute but overall the singing parts felt so forced and unnecesary. Gaga s acting keeps getting better with every movie I will say, I really enjoyed her. The first Joker is a better movie

My family

Spoiler

My mom, dad, and brother all rated it between 4 and 5 out of 10 :bigbird:

They thought it was boring and that the story was very weak. The musical aspect also didnt help. After the movie ended, no one clapped. And my brother said he heard some people walk off in the middle of the movie :katy:

Box office and awards?

Spoiler

The word of mouth will be BAD. I feel so sad, I was really sure this would be her first 1B movie :gaga-scream:

And awards? Probably none. The original song didnt even get to shine, and her acting will be overshadowed by the awful reception of critics and public. Time to wait for LG7 I guess :bigbird:

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 4,150
On 10/4/2024 at 7:45 AM, Supersonic said:

German Charts:

#11 Lady Gaga & Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile (+2)

It's over.

spacer.png

Rain and tomatoes are stored in the boobs! :bigbird:

Popster This Way 702
On 10/4/2024 at 2:55 PM, Supersonic said:

German Album Chart:

#63 Lady Gaga - Harlequin (NEW)

spacer.png

Actually this is good with only digital sales and streams :laughga:

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,940
On 10/4/2024 at 11:36 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Imo she's gone into PR mode already with DWAS, happy mistakes performance. If you remember, some of us were very sus of DWAS from the start @Leptine

We may actually see that 2015-17 Gaga come back where shes more visible and showing her talent - that's a great thing for us as fans.

Would adding A PopGa stan'd era into the mix help where shes at at the minute? hmmm...
But we may be surprised, as music is going to be her crutch for this rough period - so i do think she'll bring it with LG7. The pressure is on. No Sl and no PI at this time please.

Yeah I suspect always more that she was aware of this movie potentially bombing and very likely she wasn't happy with how they sidelined her character in the movie, that is also why she made the Harlequin album and she stated more times since she wasn't done with her character which was a polite way of saying they didn't give to her enough space.

'Happy Mistake' is about having accepted this role, the nightmares she went through in having to punctually to reshoot scenes at the last minute due to Joashit diva and control freak behaviour that eventually got even cut, but now she learned the lesson and she's ready stronger than ever to choose  better movies but in the meanwhile music is gonna save her.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 15,440
On 10/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, bloody grammys said:

if taylor survived Cats then gaga can survive this

BEFALRx.gif

she very much died in her next role after Cats, tho

YTbKDh.gif

• lol 11

Popster for Sale 46,505

Did Taylor get an acclaimed performance in Cats that I'm forgetting being compared to a legendary actor like Joaquin Phoenix?

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

Popster to Popster 4,150
On 10/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Folie à Deux isn't getting a nomination, Harlequin's version would have yes, but the movie version...

You forget what other musical schlock usually get nominations. This is miles about a jangly, forgettable end credit song. Not saying she will, but I think she could. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 471
On 10/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, bloody grammys said:

if taylor survived Cats then gaga can survive this

BEFALRx.gif

The difference is that Taylor has fostered a bot-like fanbase that will swallow and munch down on every turd she releases. 

BEFALRx.gif

Popstanne 5,940

Razzies are 100% going to nominate this, worst film, script and director are locked, this is exactly the kind of trainwreck that they love, hopefully Gaga will get spared given her personal notices are positive.

• paws up 6

Popster to Popster 4,150
On 10/4/2024 at 8:11 AM, Leptine said:

Razzies are 100% going to nominate this, worst film, script and director are locked, this is exactly the kind of trainwreck that they love, hopefully Gaga will get spared given her personal notices are positive.

When Gaga performs Happy Mistake again at the ceremony

Excited Oprah Winfrey GIF

• lol 14
  • yaas, gaga 1