Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster to Popster 4,161
On 10/16/2024 at 2:32 PM, admin said:

Are people ok? Even I’m worried for some of the takes. Nothing has been delayed so far (no reason to speculate on delays before the month is out) and we KNOW they have been planning this rollout for some time. Believe it or not, one week won’t make or break Gaga’s next single (nor will the holiday tunes coming back to chart).

So what you're saying is, RIP LG7 lead single in 2024. If im reading this correctly. 

mariah carey grave site GIF

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,325

Boxoffice Poland 

#2 Joker FAD 83,985 tickets sold on 2nd weekend

Additionally the movie sold 77,631 during its first week and currently stands at 415,128 tickets sold. 

• paws up 3
  • shook 2

ARTPOPster 1,083

"This year will be an important and meaningful important year for us I know".

The way she was so happy and excited about everything, the way she -for once- had planned everything in advanced, they way this October should have been our best month in like ever, the way everything was alined to have both success and aclaim in both film and music simultaneously.

Just like Chromatica era was ruined because of factors that Gaga couldn't control (COVID and BLM), JFAD and potentially LG7 are being ruined for the external factor a.k.a. Todd Philips, Joaquin Phoenix and WB execs.

I feel really bad for Gaga. Some of you really downplay how this panned bomb may have affected her mentally. I Just hope she hasn't lost the spark in her eyes that only a few weeks ago we could all see (maybe for the first time in a decade). And I hope she can recover, and comeback in full force.

That's life 
You're riding high in April, shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June

spacer.png

• sad 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,979
On 10/16/2024 at 1:28 PM, XXXlop said:

I feel really bad for Gaga. Some of you really downplay how this panned bomb may have affected her mentally. I Just hope she hasn't lost the spark in her eyes that only a few weeks ago we could all see (maybe for the first time in a decade). And I hope she can recover, and comeback in full force.

I feel for her too but the reality is none of us are trained professionals qualified to read her state of mind. We can't assume when she hasn't said anything. :arguega:

She's older than most of us, more mature than most of us, and has been through this before. We should try not to project while we wait for us to show us how she feels. Once she does interviews, we can analyze it all we want. 

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,977

Ultimately this is a harsh way to put it, but Gaga has been making music for straight people since 2014, with the exception of Chromatica, which was an era interrupted by Covid and during which Gaga was mostly tuned out, for which no one can blame her in the end. 

When people joke about "teen want dark music", there is some truth that Gaga's music hasn't resonated with fans a lot since 2013. I'm no longer a success stan myself, so I don't really invest much in DWAS performance, or in Joker's box office score (even though I am also let down by the flop). DWAS is her biggest hit since Shallow, and Harlequin has some of her best vocals ever, even if it's jazz. 

Practically every artist including Gaga releases one off singles every now and then to bridge the gaps between eras, it's that Gaga's have been either jazz, adult contemporary, or just not that good. 

I'm anxiously awaiting LG7, the snippets sound so fvcking awesome, but this radio silence does worry me a bit still.

Edited by Ben
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 878

I hope Gaga is ok. She will be back when she feels ready. But, I think overall she is a fighter, she managed to take her career from ARTPOP to ASIB. Her dedication to her craft will win in music and film in the end. This Joker situation is just one pitfall she will pass over.

• hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 12,073

iTunes WW - Most days at #1 (2024)

#1 Beautiful Things (35 days)

#2 (+1) Die With A Smile (33 days)

#3 (-1) Texas Hold'Em (32 days)

#4 Houdini - Eminem (21 days)

#5 Birds Of A Feather (16 days)

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,098
On 10/16/2024 at 9:29 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Guys save the meltdowning for after next friday at least 

After we see the debut numbers. Yes.

• lol 3

Kindness Admin 7,937

Gaga hasn't continuously shared since literally like 2013 - I dunno why people are reading into a two week silence before an ANNOUNCED new era as if things have fallen apart or she's in some deep depression.

I'm sure Gaga, along with everyone else involved, is sad by Joker's response, and maybe harlequin too - no one wants that, but it literally makes no sense to assume she's so depressed or so concerned for her career she's cancelled her next era or delayed it. Never mind that she has the number 1 song in the world for over 50 days now and has over 100m followers on Spotify BEFORE the LG7 era begins.

I normally feel people yell at everyone else for melting down when people are mostly being not-too-serious, but some of y'all are actually talking yourself into a grave all on your own. She's gonna be fine and we're going to be dancing to the new single in less than 15 days.

Lastly, Gaga makes art for herself and for her fans. End of story.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 5

Pop-a-911-ster 29,023
On 10/16/2024 at 5:46 PM, Gaga Banana said:

I hope Gaga is ok. She will be back when she feels ready. But, I think overall she is a fighter, she managed to take her career from ARTPOP to ASIB. Her dedication to her craft will win in music and film in the end. This Joker situation is just one pitfall she will pass over.

She’s so sensitive for sure she’s sad and shocked after the bomb JFAD turned out to be but she’s releasing new music since it’s confirmed :tea:

Popster for Sale 46,515
On 10/16/2024 at 10:10 PM, admin said:

Gaga hasn't continuously shared since literally like 2013 - I dunno why people are reading into a two week silence before an ANNOUNCED new era as if things have fallen apart or she's in some deep depression.

I'm sure Gaga, along with everyone else involved, is sad by Joker's response, and maybe harlequin too - no one wants that, but it literally makes no sense to assume she's so depressed or so concerned for her career she's cancelled her next era or delayed it. Never mind that she has the number 1 song in the world for over 50 days now and has over 100m followers on Spotify BEFORE the LG7 era begins.

I normally feel people yell at everyone else for melting down when people are mostly being not-too-serious, but some of y'all are actually talking yourself into a grave all on your own. She's gonna be fine and we're going to be dancing to the new single in less than 15 days.

Lastly, Gaga makes art for herself and for her fans. End of story.

On 10/16/2024 at 10:09 PM, BenG said:

After we see the debut numbers. Yes.

Gift for the fans narrative already in motion. We don't care if it flops.

DWAS = for the charts.

LG7 = for the arts.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 34,566

I smell a cute 3.2M opening numbers on Spotify for the lead this friday 

Edited by Miaou
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,079
On 10/17/2024 at 12:17 AM, Miaou said:

I smell a cute 3.2M opening numbers on Spotify for the lead this friday 

Roughly 300k more than Woman's World. Amazing for a boatmate :applause: