Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

Popster This Way 647

Tbh I read a tweet back then about someone in the industry who read the "original" script and the person highlighted and claimed there was a bloody and brutal scene of Harley during riots which started in the Asylum.

If this is true there was a totally different script/approach to the movie and Gaga got a different script in the beginning based on she agreed on participating. 

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 6

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 1,081
On 10/16/2024 at 2:20 PM, VoldeLorde said:

Wicked is probably THEE musical that ppl know. We shouldn’t be surprised it smashes. Comparing it to Joker is dumb 

I think what Pop fans and Movie Industry will compare, is not the fact that both JFAD and Wicked are musicals, but the fact that both co-leads are singers-turned-to-actress.

It's vert unfortunate that Ari's Wicked is premiering just a month after Gaga's JFAD. The comparisions will be big because of that.

Edited by XXXlop

Popster to Popster 2,794
On 10/16/2024 at 9:32 AM, BenG said:

Her next role needs to be something casual and non-singing

The GP thinks she made Todd add the singing parts and is blaming her for the musical aspect :dead:

Yeah. It was bound to happen if the song ended up being panned. She should just reject roles that involve singing atp 

On 10/16/2024 at 7:32 AM, BenG said:

Her next role needs to be something casual and non-singing

The GP thinks she made Todd add the singing parts and is blaming her for the musical aspect :dead:

I believe the Tarantino rumor tbh.

Popster This Way 870
On 10/16/2024 at 2:27 PM, Gabi said:

I won’t say it’s an excellent script but the Final Cut must be very different from the script she received as Todd admitted that Joaquin and him altered the script several times on the sets.

Also, even if it’s bad since the beginning,  Warner could make some crucial edits to change the narrative and cater more audience as possible. It’s Todd’s fault that he didn’t want to do test screening and let Warner edit his movie.

Gaga trusted these two. WB promoted the film from her socials for years. I would be mad too. I see why she didn’t post JFAD now on cinemas and not even the OST release. She is very polite to come out and say something. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,317

The thing we all love about Gaga is that she’s an artist that loves to make risky choices in her career, and it means sometimes her decisions won’t pay off.

Unless she postponed LG7 lead, I won’t complain when she gave us DWAS, Harlequin, JFAD and LG7 in the same year. We need to accept that not all things she touches can become gold and learn how to appreciate her art as it is.

With that being said, I hope she find her next role very soon because I really don’t like people talking sh!t about her when she’s not at fault :bebe:

• paws up 4

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 10/16/2024 at 8:39 PM, BenG said:

If Ari wins Best Supporting Actress :dead:

Ari is an serious actress all the time, her success has nothing to do with Gaga.:stopga:

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 10/16/2024 at 8:39 PM, Gaga Banana said:

Gaga trusted these two. WB promoted the film from her socials for years. I would be mad too. I see why she didn’t post JFAD now on cinemas and not even the OST release. She is very polite to come out and say something. 

Isn’t it the first time she didn’t do much promo for a movie? She must be very upset with the outcome :dead:

Popster for Sale 44,053
On 10/16/2024 at 1:43 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Wicked isn't the type of movie that gets acting noms.

when it serves a les mis then what :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 29,001
On 10/16/2024 at 9:39 AM, BenG said:

If Ari wins Best Supporting Actress :dead:

I think she won't be even nominated

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,001
On 10/16/2024 at 9:43 AM, Daddy said:

Global

#193(re) Poker face 1,269,906

OMGGGGGG

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 2,794
On 10/16/2024 at 9:45 AM, Gabi said:

Isn’t it the first time she didn’t do much promo for a movie? She must be very upset with the outcome :dead:

If anything, its her PR doing damage control. I think her PR is the only aspect of her overall team that knows how to excel at what they do and deal with these situations accordingly.