Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

Popster This Way 897
On 10/15/2024 at 9:02 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

"After a lot of deliberation, I’ve made the incredibly tough decision to postpone the release of LG7… This is such a scary and hectic time for all of us, and while I believe art is one of the strongest things we have to provide joy and healing to each other during times like this, it just doesn’t feel right to me to release this album with all that is going on during the critical and commercial failure of JFAD.”

Hide contents

On a serious note, it's not plausible to postpone a single because of a flopped movie, guys, come on. :toofunny:

Unless she's mentally unwell, which we don't have any evidence of, other than a fake article from a sensationalist tabloid. She was living her best life with Michael just some weeks ago.

Let's wait and see what happens next week. :pray:

Well joker and harlequin hurt dwas a lot...it isn t her time to shine..she should come back in 3-4 months with something really strong..she isn t in a good position at all

• lol 5

On 10/15/2024 at 4:20 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

Spotify Global 

#1. DWAS - 9,896,025

#2. BOAF - 7,393,463

Gap: 2,502,562

For reference, BOAF dropped around -130k WoW.

Maybe the US holiday had some impact on this update?

Popster to Popster 4,145
On 10/15/2024 at 2:22 PM, Hags Labs said:

Postponing her long awaited pop comeback because of the movie bombing would -if anything- make her look worse. She simply cannot ditch the plans when she was explicitly vocal about it and hyped up her fans about it :katy:

No one expected this bombage. Especially not her. She just innocently announced the lead in Venice with no idea she was about to get swept away by this nuclear blast of suck. Why would we still hold her to that release date after this past month?:bigbird:

• hugs 1

Popster to Popster 2,853

This complete radio silence can really only mean two things: she's building up hype and curiosity, or she's truly devastated. Not just the movie but Harlequin as well made no impact at all and we know she did want to promote it since Happy Mistake was her first TV performance in like a decade. She's human after all, no one likes to fail or have setbacks - especially at such a large scale. I hope Michael's being there for her.

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 3
  • love 4

Popster to Popster 4,145
On 10/15/2024 at 3:29 PM, ARTPOP said:

This complete radio silence can really only mean two things: she's building up hype and curiosity, or she's truly devastated. Not just the movie but Harlequin as well made no impact at all and we know she did want to promote it since Happy Mistake was her first TV performance in like a decade. She's human after all, no one likes to fail or have setbacks - especially at such a large scale. I hope Michael's being there for her.

Michael is busy writing JazzGa 2 :bigbird:

• lol 3

Popster to Popster 2,772
On 10/15/2024 at 4:26 PM, Imtired1616 said:

No one expected this bombage. Especially not her. She just innocently announced the lead in Venice with no idea she was about to get swept away by this nuclear blast of suck. Why would we still hold her to that release date after this past month?:bigbird:

Because these things take time to organize and plan. Unless the LG7 lead promo was somehow attached to Joker 2 then I don’t see any other reason to postpone it. If I’m not mistaken, she even stated that they’re not related to each other so there really is no excuse for her other than her team is a complete utter unprofessional mess 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,963

POP

1. BIRDS OF A FEATHER: 15348 (-128) | 37.566 (-0.268) 

2. Espresso: 14150 (-67) | 38.888 (+0.318) 

3. Please Please Please: 13461 (-42) | 34.101 (-0.059) 

4. A Bar Song (Tipsy): 13258 (-22) | 31.633 (-0.348) 

5. Too Sweet: 11966 (+54) | 28.711 (+0.044) 

6. Good Luck, Babe!: 11761 (-106) | 32.078 (+0.070) 

7. Die With a Smile: 9536 (+92) | 23.449 (+0.514) 

8. 360: 9354 (-56) | 19.807 (-0.170) 

9. Beautiful Things: 9251 (-15) | 20.608 (+0.110) 

10. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart: 9080 (+35) | 17.352 (+0.103) 

• paws up 8
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 855

I asked ChatGPT about it, should Gaga release the new song, if JFAD flopped from marketing perspective.

If Joker 2 experiences significant backlash or a flop, it might be wise to delay the single’s release slightly. This gives the negative press time to die down, allowing the public to reset their focus before new material drops. A few weeks or even months can help shift attention.

:awkney:

• lol 11

ARTPOPster 2,221

Is anyone watching the Penguin show? Last episode was set in Arkham Asylum, and we followed a female character there. It was one of the best tv episodes I ever saw my whole life. Todd really wasted the potential and Cristin Milioti will win an Emmy and a Golden Globe with that role. Her and Gaga need to star in a show as sisters. She gives Patrizia in House Of Gucci but ten times better and they kinda look like each other.

ARTPOPster 2,221
On 10/15/2024 at 11:12 PM, Gaga Banana said:

I asked ChatGPT about it, should Gaga release the new song, if JFAD flopped from marketing perspective.

If Joker 2 experiences significant backlash or a flop, it might be wise to delay the single’s release slightly. This gives the negative press time to die down, allowing the public to reset their focus before new material drops. A few weeks or even months can help shift attention.

:awkney:

She wont postpone or she would have infotmed us and also I think not this week. There is no time left for announcement

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,584
x3

I just saw again that you imagine and it says " XX October LG7 first single. 

So she never mentioned that it will be released in October. I think she probably meant that she will start recording the first single of LG7 in October:icant:

Bookmark this, LG7 lead single ain't coming this month.

• lol 2