Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

On 10/14/2024 at 8:19 AM, yomama said:

Yes, JFAD bombed to the pits of hell cause she ain't releasing POP music with PROMO. Stop the essays start the music or whatever

You haven't understood the analogy.

JFAD flopped because Todd, instead of giving the action-crazy-spectacular film that fans wanted, he gave a boring courtroom-musical.

HQ flopped because Gaga, instead of giving the punk-rock album that some fans were hopping for (given the aesthetics and the Harley Queen persona), she gave a jazz-influenced album (very good tho, but not what people wanted).

So if LG7 fails to meet fans expectations (pop bops, with a well-executed era), it will do a big damage to Gaga.

Edited by XXXlop
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster This Way 681
On 10/14/2024 at 8:34 AM, XXXlop said:

HQ flopped because Gaga, instead of giving the punk-rock album that some fans were hopping for (given the aesthetics and the Harley Queen persona), she gave a jazz-influenced album (very good tho, but not what people wanted).

So if LG7 fails to meet fans expectations (pop bops, with a well-executed era), it will do a big damage to Gaga.

DWAS didn’t meet fan expectations at all, and look what happened 

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 10/13/2024 at 11:53 PM, hennywise said:

Nothing's indie about Harlequin, it is very traditional and elitist. Laufey, Clairo are more indie. Even Norah Jones albums back in the 2000s are more indie sonically modern. Harlequin sounds more like Michael Buble's music.

You cannot be serious. :toofunny: Outside of a couple songs, Harlequin is filled with original productions and arrangements not associated with traditional pop or traditional jazz. 

Gaga has two classic jazz albums that stayed within the confines of traditional jazz even with their risks. Harlequin is decidedly not that. You'd never have caught Tony singing over HQ's version of World on a String. 

Easy listening isn't the only modern jazz and modern doesn't equate to indie either. :oops:

Edited by derpmonster
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 10/14/2024 at 12:06 AM, ralloz said:

I remember the meltdowns. :laughga:

"It needs to be Bruno's signature smooth pop and not serve HACGa or it will flop!!!" 

• paws up 1

On 10/14/2024 at 7:01 AM, XXXlop said:

I'm praying for Gaga to give us what we want with LG7 era, after 4 years of waiting and after the Chromatica fiasco (era-wise).

Otherwise, she will lose a big part, of  the ramains of her fanbase

Honestly if she releases anything that is close AC ballad or jazzy on LG7, she's not ready the the size of the bombage, because even fans won't listen to this 

I just hope fans are ready to stream if lead single is that dark pop dance song they are asking for ages. If no support this fanbase should just not be sad if her next solo album is fully jazz / ballads.

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 10/14/2024 at 12:20 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Honestly if she releases anything that is close AC ballad or jazzy on LG7, she's not ready the the size of the bombage, because even fans won't listen to this 

But don't all her albums have at least one ballad? I don't think the lead single will be. None of the snippets she has shared so far suggest that. We should just keep open minds and focus on the music.

I'm pretty sure we're getting dancey pop music this time. I know the Chromatica era wasn't fun for us but let's not act like she didn't at least musically give fans what a lot of them wanted. :oops:

In the end, I hope she keeps making good pop music including dance, GP friendly ballads, rock (:pray:), and also experiment with genres on the side.

There's a reason she called Harlequin LG6.5. She could've said "original LG7 delayed, here's the new LG7" but she didn't want to cause endless meltdowns. :mess: Her jazz stuff has always been side projects. 

I'm here for Harlequin-esque side projects with no expectation of commercial success. I just don't see why that's such a bad thing. Are we scared of stans dragging her? They're always gonna find something to bicker about. 

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 1

Also, it’s kind of a thing that most artists only get 1 hit song per era after 2020, Sabrina and Billie are probably the only exceptions

No one is blaming Gaga for JFAD’s failure outside of Twitter stans, her legacy absolutely won’t be damaged even if LG7 tanks hard when we already have DWAS on top of the charts

HQ is way more modern sounding that CTC/LFS. Yes, there are few tracks that are old fashioned production wise, but overall it is more modern sounding than her other jazz records. I have the album on repeat. I couldn’t play LFS full more than 3 times. 

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

On 10/14/2024 at 9:06 AM, ralloz said:

Yeah, that's why I tried to say in the first post.

She can explore her artistry, and release Jazz albums, or HAC ballads or whatever. She has the talent, so let her explore it.

But she CAN'T forget in the mid time, to release what her fans truly want: POP music, with proper PROMO.

It's perfectly compatible. And we've been 4 years with only Jazz and HAC. I really hope now it's time for an amazing POP era (with bops, videos, performances, outfits, ...)

Edited by XXXlop
  • paws up 2

On 10/14/2024 at 6:37 PM, MissAsia said:

The new snippet of dance in the shadow sounds like heaven..if it is the first single it will debut top 3 for sure

On 10/14/2024 at 6:51 PM, ARTPOP said:

There is no new snippet

On 10/14/2024 at 6:53 PM, Gaga Banana said:

The snippet sounds amazing. I think it will debut top5. She needs to tease and build hype. Gaga is not the type of artist to surprise drop material. 

Grimes - "Music 4 Machines" + Album(s) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Well, it's over. : r/travisandtaylor

Grimes - "Music 4 Machines" + Album(s) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

• lol 12