Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 2,772
On 10/13/2024 at 5:23 PM, Replay said:

isn't it better to announce when ppl are not working

ezgif-3-87be1515fc.thumb.gif.68021bb2b2b

Exactly! But for some reason -idk where I read it- it is not advisable to announce something on social media during a holiday so idk :katy_pie:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster for Sale 44,031
On 10/13/2024 at 9:23 PM, Replay said:

isn't it better to announce when ppl are not working

Media consumption is lower when people are not working. News get buried during the weekend, which is why bad news are usually dumped on Friday evening by PR.

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 10/13/2024 at 11:20 PM, BenG said:

Media consumption is lower when people are not working. News get buried during the weekend, which is why bad news are usually dumped on Friday evening by PR.

so tease tomorrow it is

• lol 8

Popstanne 5,912
On 10/13/2024 at 11:08 PM, 0707alp said:

WB should get over themselves and put the movie on Netflix instead of Hbo Max and do it pretty quickly. With all the poeple wondering what is the hate about it could be a hit there

This would actually be a smart move at this point.. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 10/11/2024 at 4:49 PM, Leptine said:

Sure Venice killed the hype but how many people pay attention to festivals outside of film twitter? The movie was still fresh out of Venice and with the same metascore of Deadpool.

If the first movie was so loved, people would have checked the sequel even just to have a confirmation this wasn’t good.. I don’t know it feels so weird this heavy rejection all of a sudden. 

Two main things happened after the first trailer that have nothing to do with critics:

• The GP found out it was a musical. There was media coverage and promo interviews that gave that away. This reduced interest and we saw that reflected in pre-sales. That wasn't a surprise. 
  • The early screenings starting the Monday of release week. This is when audience scores started coming out and word of mouth quickly spread. This sealed the deal and a lot of people cancelled their plans to see it opening weekend. 

I'm sorry, but while it was a bigger flop than expected, it wasn't completely out of the blue. Sometimes you lose and that's okay. It's not her fault anyway. Nor is it the critics'. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

On 10/13/2024 at 5:08 PM, 0707alp said:

WB should get over themselves and put the movie on Netflix instead of Hbo Max and do it pretty quickly. With all the poeple wondering what is the hate about it could be a hit there

It’ll still be a hit on Max. But I can see it making its way over to Netflix eventually 

Popstanne 5,912
On 10/13/2024 at 11:56 PM, derpmonster said:

Two main things happened after the first trailer that have nothing to do with critics:

• The GP found out it was a musical. There was media coverage and promo interviews that gave that away. This reduced interest and we saw that reflected in pre-sales. That wasn't a surprise. 
  • The early screenings starting the Monday of release week. This is when audience scores started coming out and word of mouth quickly spread. This sealed the deal and a lot of people cancelled their plans to see it opening weekend. 

I'm sorry, but while it was a bigger flop than expected, it wasn't completely out of the blue. Sometimes you lose and that's okay. It's not her fault anyway. Nor is it the critics'. 

The movie was announced as musical since the beginning, it wasn’t really a secret and the trailers were well received, presale doing bad has started immediately after the Venice and its mid reactions.

Sure this underperforming was in the air, always after Venice, but from underperforming to become one of the most hated movies that I ever witnessed there’s honestly lot in between.. I still think there has been lot of senseless hate towards this movie just for the sake of doing that without a valid motivation in a sheep gang mentality. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 5,912
On 10/14/2024 at 12:19 AM, 0606060 said:

In an alternate universe Dawn of Chromatica would’ve had brat remix album level of appreciation

Such an underrated project. Still bops today :jam:

Tea it deserved more recognition but the timing of release in the middle of the L4S-HOG era was a mistake, it needed to be released earlier like after the VMAs performance or ahead of the tour starting.. 

• paws up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 6:33 PM, Leptine said:

Tea it deserved more recognition but the timing of release in the middle of the L4S-HOG era was a mistake, it needed to be released earlier like after the VMAs performance or ahead of the tour starting.. 

I hope she does something similar again. Especially if her new album is as experimental as it seems, could be really fun. After Harlequin, DoC itself, and her comments about not having to restrict herself within an era, its fair to say she’s open to playing around in that way

• paws up 1