Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 11,823
On 10/3/2024 at 5:19 PM, Miaou said:

oh I fear the lead will debut with 1.5M streams on Spotify 

we are not ready 

You're saying that Gaga will do worse than Katy Perry and join her in forever finished artists club ? :enigma:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fame Popster 467
On 10/3/2024 at 6:03 PM, corvus albus said:

More than a million Eastern Germans live in Bavaria and have kept their economy steady :lesson:

But both parts of the countries are a disgrace anyway :jailga:

The entire country is lowkey a disgrace with the way we fund global wars with weapon exports but then scream and shout when the people, that have fled from the wars we incited to get money, are knocking on our doorsteps and want a safe place to be a person. 

:lesson: 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,150
On 10/3/2024 at 12:05 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

You're saying that Gaga will do worse than Katy Perry and join her in forever finished artists club ? :enigma:

Suddenly the Boaty is me. :bigbird:

• lol 4

Popstanne 9,989

So I watched Joker 1 last night for the first time and it's really boring? I can't imagine people liking that movie and then saying Joker 2 is boring? Isn't that consistent with the first? Am I missing something?

• paws up 6
  • lol 3

A Popster Is Born 17,577
On 10/4/2024 at 12:23 AM, Arturo said:

So I watched Joker 1 last night for the first time and it's really boring? I can't imagine people liking that movie and then saying Joker 2 is boring? Isn't that consistent with the first? Am I missing something?

I enjoyed Joker2 more.. Joker1 is so fvckin boring for me :icant:

Without Gaga, I wont even watch JFAD even illegally

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,989
On 10/3/2024 at 9:25 AM, FRANZGA said:

I enjoyed Joker2 more.. Joker1 is so fvckin boring for me :icant:

Without Gaga, I wont even watch JFAD even illegally

Yeah I mean it had some good cinematographic shots and Joaquin is a great actor but people saying it's amazing maybe I just don't get it...

• paws up 3

Popster This Way 898

We stan success..give us the dwas live performance

This harlequin thing wasn t that smart...i don t know how michael is so rich because it doesn t seemvery good with his investiments

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,269

I've said this before but releasing LG7 after JFAD is a course correct from Joanne's release strategy. There's no doubt that album would have smashed if they released it after ASIB instead of before. You release an album when you're already super hot-- same reason why Taylor has been cranking out music left and right since Folklore launched her back into superstardom-- she's been taking advantage of her spotlight. Harlequin's and LG7's release strategy is taking the same approach-- release while the attention is on you. No doubt they expected JFAD to be a bigger cultural moment-- but it's still much better than if she had released it earlier this year when no one was thinking about Gaga nor would have given her new music much attention.

Even Ariana suffered from this strategy-- releasing her album well before Wicked probably caused it to not make as much noise. They're re-releasing stuff now to take advantage of the Wicked promo cycle (and also Grammy voting season), and we're seeing that pay off.

And even Beyonce knew this-- she smartly used the Super Bowl to launch her first single, which did really really well compared to the rest of the album cycle, which didn't have big cultural moments to help push it.

Edited by thehanyo
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,645
On 10/3/2024 at 1:23 PM, Arturo said:

I really liked the first film and I saw it again a couple of days ago. Still good. Cant wait to see Joker: Flop a Deux tonight :prideheart:

• paws up 3
  • lol 1

Popstanne 9,989
On 10/3/2024 at 9:57 AM, Doncho said:

I really liked the first film and I saw it again a couple of days ago. Still good. Cant wait to see Joker: Flop a Deux tonight :prideheart:

I'm going tonight as well

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,305
On 10/3/2024 at 4:41 PM, Miaou said:

Most days above 10M filtered streams on the Spotify Global chart in history :

#1 (=) Die With A Smile (31 days) *still charting above 10M*
#2 (=) Flowers (29 days)
#3 (=) Please Please Please; Espresso; Good 4 U (16 days)
#4 (=) Seven (14 days)
#5 (=) Drivers Licence, All I Want for Christmas Is You, Stay (12 days)
#6 (=) Bzrp Session 53, As It Was (10 days)
#7 (=) Million Dollar Baby, Fortnight (9 days)

social distance :applause:

I know we didn't cross that, but a list for most days above 12M or more? 

Popster This Way 898
On 10/3/2024 at 6:56 PM, thehanyo said:

I've said this before but releasing LG7 after JFAD is a course correct from Joanne's release strategy. There's no doubt that album would have smashed if they released it after ASIB instead of before. You release an album when you're already super hot-- same reason why Taylor has been cranking out music left and right since Folklore launched her back into superstardom-- she's been taking advantage of her spotlight. Harlequin's and LG7's release strategy is taking the same approach-- release while the attention is on you. No doubt they expected JFAD to be a bigger cultural moment-- but it's still much better than if she had released it earlier this year when no one was thinking about Gaga nor would have given her new music much attention.

Even Ariana suffered from this strategy-- releasing her album well before Wicked probably caused it to not make as much noise. They're re-releasing stuff now to take advantage of the Wicked promo cycle (and also Grammy voting season), and we're seeing that pay off.

And even Beyonce knew this-- she smartly used the Super Bowl to launch her first single, which did really really well compared to the rest of the album cycle, which didn't have big cultural moments to help push it.

Released during dwas slayage 

A Popster Is Born 12,305
On 10/3/2024 at 5:16 PM, Andreu said:

Well the second single can always be the hit like it always seem to be the case with gaga and she can releade that one in january just in time to build those IFPI points :darkmode:

Ahh just imagine DWAS getting into Top10 this year and LG7 song next year? A dream a dream :shakes:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,150
On 10/3/2024 at 1:09 PM, PanPikus said:

Ahh just imagine DWAS getting into Top10 this year and LG7 song next year? A dream a dream :shakes:

I just need ClutchGa to show up and make the banger of her career. 

Spoiler

Easy, no? :bigbird:

A Popster Is Born 12,305
On 10/3/2024 at 7:11 PM, Imtired1616 said:

I just need ClutchGa to show up and make the banger of her career. 

Hide contents

Easy, no? :bigbird:

If she serves for liddos and gp, maybe. I fear liddos might get bored like after a day and then complain on Twitter as usual 

Popstanne 5,935

If she has a dark Halloween kind of song, she should release it next week 11 October, there will be at least 3 weeks to take advantage of Halloween period.

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2