Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop-a-911-ster 32,222
On 10/8/2024 at 9:35 PM, Gaga Banana said:

JFAD OST is not on UK midweeks, it may chart in few markets low region. It is not pushed and as others mentioned it is mostly covers of old songs. If there was more original music, it could make some numbers on streaming. 

I think soundtracks arent charting on album charts 

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 10/8/2024 at 12:25 PM, Replay said:

bestie it's 2024, its time to give up stan'd narrative about labels and artists deciding playlist:excuseme:

Wasn't this pretty much confirmed by some reporting a few years ago? :bebe: I'm sure the platforms have editorial control and an image to maintain but I'm pretty sure you can pay-to-play(list).

Unlike radio/airplay, there are no laws preventing payola for streaming playlists. I think it's just naive to believe that big companies and labels would "do the right thing". :cry:

Even where it's illegal to outright pay for plays (radio), labels and artist teams try to covertly influence stations with merch and gifts. No reason they wouldn't do that with streaming where there's no accountability or transparency into the process. :flirtga:

Edited by derpmonster

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 10/8/2024 at 9:43 PM, derpmonster said:

Wasn't this pretty much confirmed by some reporting a few years ago? :bebe: I'm sure the platforms have editorial control and an image to maintain but I'm pretty sure you can pay-to-play(list).

Unlike radio/airplay, there are no laws preventing payola for streaming playlists. I think it's just naive to believe that big companies and labels would "do the right thing". :cry:

There are some politics probably that can influence it a but I doubt you can just flatout pay for it (they probably have tons of curators who come up with playlisting together so you can't just bribe everyone like radio programmers), if it worked like that im sure Katy would buy it considering how low she dropped chasing for a hit. Also playlisting mostly seems reasonable to the demand. Also for example Paris Hilton would probably buy #1 on TTH if it was as simple as stans imagine

Edited by Replay

Popster This Way 859
On 10/8/2024 at 10:38 PM, ViviLittleM said:

I think soundtracks arent charting on album charts 

You are right, I don’t know though if the OST is having enough units to chart. It is mostly if the physicals are high. Gaga didn’t post about it. 

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 10/8/2024 at 12:46 PM, Replay said:

There are some politics probably but idk if it worked like that im sure Katy would buy it considering how low she dropped chasing for a hit. Also playlisting mostly seems reasonable to the demand. 

Well two things: streaming services do have a reputation to maintain. They have the right to say no to a flop's money. It used to be a lot more obvious a few years ago when Drake was on every single playlist and cover despite not that much demand. 

Also, Capitol didn't have unlimited budget for Boaty. The fact that some of her massive flops even got a placement on TTH is a big deal. Capitol isn't going to keep bleeding money. :flirtga:

That said, for smaller playlists, I'm sure it's more organic/editorial. But there's 100% money involved.

Popster to Popster 4,145
On 10/8/2024 at 3:00 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Praying first that song is not visual dependent n can survive own its own without any expensive or controversial visuals

Hide contents

Again, this doesn't mean mv should be bad bc ik gaga is a top tier visual artist but I just want the song to survive streaming/spotify era of music which is not dependent on visuals anymore AMEN

Why did you hide the content? :icant:

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 10/8/2024 at 9:51 PM, derpmonster said:

Well two things: streaming services do have a reputation to maintain. They have the right to say no to a flop's money. It used to be a lot more obvious a few years ago when Drake was on every single playlist and cover despite not that much demand. 

Also, Capitol didn't have unlimited budget for Boaty. The fact that some of her massive flops even got a placement on TTH is a big deal. Capitol isn't going to keep bleeding money. :flirtga:

That said, for smaller playlists, I'm sure it's more organic/editorial. But there's 100% money involved.

I'm sure Katy herself would invest money if it was about budget :rip: she literlay run to luke only cause her stupid fanbase deluded her that's the way to have a hit.

When that drake thing happened he was at the peak popularity.

Idk to me HM is kinda obvious example it's about curators and demand. Like HM isn't a single or main project and it only got on TTH because of DWAS smashing. Side project HMH didn't get on TTH until it showed some legs and increase.

So usually you either have demand so u debut there (and stay if u show stability) or you work ur way up there.

As I said it can probably be influenced a bit, but more via campaigning than sending money directly, Perhaps they can cash out few people until they are exposed but it's a board panel of people so it's not as simple as radio stadion having few programmers .

Like look at DWAS, it had decent playlist debut because of two big names, but when it started going viral everywhere it shoot up in playlisting which makes sense. Hope HQ/JFAD doesn't affect LG7 lead playlisting :bebe:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,875
x2
On 10/8/2024 at 8:30 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Who is this pls

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 832
On 10/8/2024 at 2:11 PM, ViviLittleM said:

do y'all know if J:fad soundtrack is in stores in the US?

I saw a vinyl at my local Walmart 

Spoiler

I did not purchase :toofunny:

• lol 5

Pop-a-911-ster 28,875
x2
On 10/8/2024 at 9:09 PM, JennyWayne said:

The Spotify counter decided to collapse and die

spacer.png

• lol 1

Popster This Way 690

Greek sites reporting about Gaga being disappointed with the negative reception of Joker and not being able to get an Oscar + asking Tarantino for a role :billie: she should sue that columnist and the site :tea:

• lol 4