Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 11,823
On 10/8/2024 at 1:10 PM, Imtired1616 said:

When her and Bradley star in Todd Phillips' Hangover 4? :bigbird:

I would live it honestly. Hangover movies are so hilarious 

Would love to see Gaga in a comedy one day. Even better if Bradley Cooper is involved

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popstanne 5,940

Right now I absolutely need the new era to be launched this month, because I really need to move on from the movie discussions and relative current media backlash, it has been nightmare these past days so much worse than the HOG snub, I'm still incredulous and astonished at what happened.

• hugs 4
  • sad 2

On 10/8/2024 at 6:35 AM, Leptine said:

Right now I absolutely need the new era to be launched this month, because I really need to move on from the movie discussions and relative current media backlash, it has been nightmare these past days so much worse than the HOG snub, I'm still incredulous and astonished at what happened.

It's kind of shocking. I never thought this level of underperformance was even in the realm of possibility.

• paws up 4
  • sad 7

Popster This Way 898
On 10/8/2024 at 9:26 AM, derpmonster said:

I love Chromatica but I've been saying it since it came out. A lot of it sounds like mall music. :icant: like it could genuinely be played in the background at a mall and work well :bigbird:

Like billie music and taylor last album

Popster This Way 875

Regarding JFAD it seems to me the other studios have been running a Smear campaign, cause the flop narrative was pushed hard on debut week by various outlets before the movie opened on Friday. Just some thoughts. 

Edited by Gaga Banana

On 10/8/2024 at 6:40 AM, Gaga Banana said:

Regarding JFAD it seems to me the other studios have been running a Smear campaign, cause the flop narrative was pushed hard on debut week by various outlets before the movie opened on Friday. Just some thoughts. 

It could be some kind of payback for Joaquin's unprofessional behavior earlier this year. It seems like there was a shift after that happened, and JFAD could never pick up steam. When the trailer dropped the potential seemed huge.

• paws up 12

Popster to Popster 2,802
On 10/8/2024 at 8:40 AM, Gaga Banana said:

Oh absolutely. And on social media, it is clear that there has been an organized smear campagin amongst big accounts supported by incels and "anti woke" followers the sort of people that idolize elon musk that quickly came up with lies to fuel the hate towards this movie. Its a shame truly

• paws up 5

Popster to Popster 4,151
On 10/8/2024 at 7:35 AM, Leptine said:

We survived ARTPOP. We can survive this. 

spacer.png

Spoiler

And the movie isn't that bad. I think when it's all said and done, history will give the movie it's flowers. It's all just very loud right now. Art not the charts. Etc etc etc.

• paws up 6
  • hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,741
On 10/8/2024 at 2:40 PM, Gaga Banana said:

The pre sales were terrible and dozens of box office experts have been saying this for a month. It was predicted to flop and it did. 

Anyone who was saying all the predictions were wrong were in denial. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412
On 10/8/2024 at 8:43 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

She will be getting award for this if it wins. Artists are credited as much as songwriters ane producers 

Love this song! Hope it wins.

• paws up 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,909

Sometimes its not that complicated

Audiences for the original movie were never going to digest this well and as for everyone else the plot is just too dry to excuse the musical aspect 

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 4,151
On 10/8/2024 at 7:46 AM, Dean Judaster said:

Love this song! Hope it wins.

Same. Everything about the song is perfection. Before DWAS smashing I was secretly hoping (and still am) that we'd get a SSOH performance at the Grammys. What an amazing moment that'd be. :gaga-thanks:

• love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,412
On 10/8/2024 at 8:49 AM, Imtired1616 said:

Same. Everything about the song is perfection. Before DWAS smashing I was secretly hoping (and still am) that we'd get a SSOH performance at the Grammys. What an amazing moment that'd be. :gaga-thanks:

I do prefer the edit version it seems to flow a lot better

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,741
On 10/8/2024 at 2:48 PM, 0606060 said:

Sometimes its not that complicated

Audiences for the original movie were never going to digest this well and as for everyone else the plot is just too dry to excuse the musical aspect 

It always has to be a conspiracy with stans. The odds are always against them and everything is rigged for Gaga to flop or something.

I loved the movie but it's easy to see why it's disliked by most.

• paws up 1