Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 12,159
On 10/16/2024 at 9:04 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i dont get how she made the same mistake twice, after the snub she was supposed to come in hard and then this mess happened. For him to not test screen and just debut at venice was ridiculous he should be fired on the spot

it’s not WB fault, anyone would’ve given complete control to a director that made $1B on a R-rated movie with a $80M budget cuz I mean, how can you screw that up?

todd Philips was like “challenge accepted” :jailga:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/16/2024 at 7:04 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i dont get how she made the same mistake twice, after the snub she was supposed to come in hard and then this mess happened. For him to not test screen and just debut at venice was ridiculous he should be fired on the spot

Yeah, Warner Bros should offer Gaga a new role after this fiasco. How do you not test screen a blockbuster comic book film whatsoever? Premiering it at Venice was just a huge mistake in general. They should've just kept it under wraps so it could've at least maybe had a decent opening weekend before plummeting.

• thanks 2

On 10/16/2024 at 7:09 AM, Lazz Monster said:

it’s not WB fault, anyone would’ve given complete control to a director that made $1B on a R-rated movie with a $80M budget cuz I mean, how can you screw that up?

todd Philips was like “challenge accepted” :jailga:

They should've capped his budget at like $150M.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065

YouTube United States Daily Chart - Oct. 14

#6 +1 Lady Gaga - Die With A Smile 1,249,056

Tipsy 1,282M (closer and closer) :whatga:
BOAF 1,042M
Espresso 956k
IHSH 757k

• paws up 10
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 10/16/2024 at 9:12 AM, GraceRandolph said:

They should've capped his budget at like $150M.

i don't understand WHERE are those 200M :toofunny:

I mean I loved the movie but HOW he spent that amount of money

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

On 10/16/2024 at 8:00 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The lesson of HOG and JFAD is clear: make sure those scripts are IMMACULATE. Let friends and family read them, talk to other actors about what makes a good script. I think Gaga is too focused on working with certain actors, directors or projects that look good on paper, but the JFAD script had so many problems.

HoG was a success until her Oscars snub, she was nominated in all awards posible 

JFAD’s script is also not the problem here, it’s the way how Todd directed the film that irritates the target audience, it’s his artistic decision to minimize Gaga’s presence and make the movie less entertaining as possible, she had no way to know how the movie would turn out to be

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popstanne 5,540
On 10/16/2024 at 5:14 PM, MissAsia said:

The video..thanks god it hasn t leaked in full (not yet)..however harlequin and fad are her faults too...she chose to be in the film she knew it was risky but she is obsessed with getting an Oscar and she thought that this movie would repeat the success of the first one.. harlequin also was too much...half of her songs are jazz song and her fans supported her the first time now it is too much...also her jazz style isn t good at all

Harlequin is cute n although i dont blame her for signing joker i agree that she needs to focus on building a strong filmography over oscar baity roles 

On 10/16/2024 at 7:15 AM, Gabi said:

HoG was a success until her Oscars snub, she was nominated in all awards posible 

JFAD’s script is also not the problem here, it’s the way how Todd directed the film that irritates the target audience, it’s his artistic decision to minimize Gaga’s presence and make the movie less entertaining as possible, she had no way to know how the movie would turn out to be

Nah, it's definitely the script that is the problem.

• thanks 4

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/16/2024 at 2:00 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The lesson of HOG and JFAD is clear: make sure those scripts are IMMACULATE. Let friends and family read them, talk to other actors about what makes a good script. I think Gaga is too focused on working with certain actors, directors or projects that look good on paper, but the JFAD script had so many problems.

While I lowkey agree, at the same time I don't think it's that easy, otherwise you wouldn't have also somebody of the caliber of Cate Blanchett having a big panned bomb movie like 'Borderlands' coming from Tar, same Jamie Lee Curtis fresh of an Oscar..

Movies are always risky, I bet 'Everything everywhere all at once' sounded like a huge mess on paper with dildos flying and stuff..

I think the biggest issue on JFAD is the fact that she trusted a director that was also producer of ASIB and friend with Bradley Cooper, coming from a big smash Oscar nominated and she got betrayed.

• paws up 5
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,065
On 10/16/2024 at 9:17 AM, Leptine said:

While I lowkey agree, at the same time I don't think it's that easy, otherwise you wouldn't have also somebody of the caliber of Cate Blanchett having a big panned bomb movie like 'Borderlands' coming from Tar, same Jamie Lee Curtis fresh of an Oscar..

Movies are always risky, I bet 'Everything everywhere all at once' sounded like a huge mess on paper with dildos flying and stuff..

I think the biggest issue on JFAD is the fact that she trusted a director that was also producer of ASIB and friend with Bradley Cooper, coming from a big smash Oscar nominated and she got betrayed.

:laughga:

• lol 2

On 10/16/2024 at 7:17 AM, Leptine said:

Cate probably just wanted the paycheck for Borderlands.

• lol 1

HOG was way better movie, it had flaws, but it was pretty good plot, maybe more scenes about the aftermath of Patrizia in jail, but yeah, it was having so many acting Gaga scenes. I loved that film. JFAD I felt there was some ideas put together without linearity to engage the audience. 

Edited by Gaga Banana
  • paws up 2

Popstanne 5,987
On 10/16/2024 at 9:36 AM, Rusty said:

The only shot of that left for this year is Mufasa or maybe Gladiator but I really don’t want Gladiator 2 to bomb. 

Those movies flopping won't make the same rumor anyway..

Clearly people are making a big deal out of JFAD also for the people involved, Gaga is coming from years of acclaim and Joaquin also build the reputation of highbrow Oscar winning actor, Philips from Hangover director to Oscar nominated one.. People wanted the huge stars to fail.

Nobody is going to drag Paul Mescal if the movie flops because he's a nobody..

• sad 1
  • thanks 1

On 10/16/2024 at 8:16 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Nah, it's definitely the script that is the problem.

I won’t say it’s an excellent script but the Final Cut must be very different from the script she received as Todd admitted that Joaquin and him altered the script several times on the sets.

Also, even if it’s bad since the beginning,  Warner could make some crucial edits to change the narrative and cater more audience as possible. It’s Todd’s fault that he didn’t want to do test screening and let Warner edit his movie.