PanPikus

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 12,065
On 10/11/2024 at 6:03 PM, Gypsy Life said:

Not DWAS #20 on AM. who the hell is Rod Wave :rip:

He released a single in September and idk where it peaked on AM US but it didn’t even chart on Spotify US

this is so :rip:

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,305
On 10/11/2024 at 8:39 PM, Replay said:

Lead will most likely have radio deal which DWAS didn't

Well let's hope for that. And that also means Airplay guaranteed for the first day / week until the rolling starts :dean_scream:

A Popster Is Born 17,577
On 10/12/2024 at 3:19 AM, José said:

I don't like Todd, but the critics clearly wanted the movie to fail (or at least they decided to join the hate train), there is no way the movie is a 30/100.

That could be true.. but remember, the AUDIENCE gave it a D Score and 32% Audience Rating.. JFAD was Universally PANNED by both critics and audience, let's not put the blame on critics here

There are 14films that grossed $1B even with a Rotten Score.. Most of em are part of Superhero/DC/Marvel/Disney franchise but so is JFAD..

even Suicide Squad with 26% RT Score did $750M with a B+ Cinemascore and 58% Audience Score

Venom with 30% RT Score did $850M with a B+ CinemaScore Score and 80% Audience Score

DaVinci code with 25% RT Score did $760M with a B+ CinemaScore and 57% Audience Score

CRITICS could unite to Lash and PAN a FILM but it's the AUDIENCE that will make your movie a SUCCESS or a FLOP boxoffice wise.. Bad Word of Mouth is the ULTIMATE boxoffice killer so let's not act like the BOMBING is solely because of the critics

:uhh:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 29,001
On 10/11/2024 at 7:57 PM, FRANZGA said:

That could be true.. but remember, the AUDIENCE gave it a D Score and 32% Audience Rating.. JFAD was Universally PANNED by both critics and audience, let's not put the blame on critics here

There are 14films that grossed $1B even with a Rotten Score.. Most of em are part of Superhero/DC/Marvel/Disney franchise but so is JFAD..

even Suicide Squad with 26% RT Score did $750M with a B+ Cinemascore and 58% Audience Score

Venom with 30% RT Score did $850M with a B+ CinemaScore Score and 80% Audience Score

DaVinci code with 25% RT Score did $760M with a B+ CinemaScore and 57% Audience Score

CRITICS could unite to Lash and PAN a FILM but it's the AUDIENCE that will make your movie a SUCCESS or a FLOP boxoffice wise.. Bad Word of Mouth is the ULTIMATE boxoffice killer so let's not act like the BOMBING is solely because of the critics

Yeah… it’s panned by both

Popstanne 5,935

To me it still feels weird how everything escalated so badly and so fast with this movie, in general a movie gets so rejected by audience from the trailer already whereas this was one of the most viewed trailer in the first 24 hours and the reception was good.

Sure Venice killed the hype but how many people pay attention to festivals outside of film twitter? The movie was still fresh out of Venice and with the same metascore of Deadpool.

If the first movie was so loved, people would have checked the sequel even just to have a confirmation this wasn’t good.. I don’t know it feels so weird this heavy rejection all of a sudden. 

It feels to me large part of people wanted to hate on this regardless, it’s like being on a Black Mirror episode.

• paws up 5

On 10/11/2024 at 6:49 PM, Leptine said:

To me it still feels weird how everything escalated so badly and so fast with this movie, in general a movie gets so rejected by audience from the trailer already whereas this was one of the most viewed trailer in the first 24 hours and the reception was good.

Sure Venice killed the hype but how many people pay attention to festivals outside of film twitter? The movie was still fresh out of Venice and with the same metascore of Deadpool.

If the first movie was so loved, people would have checked the sequel even just to have a confirmation this wasn’t good.. I don’t know it feels so weird this heavy rejection all of a sudden. 

It feels to me large part of people wanted to hate on this regardless, it’s like being on a Black Mirror episode.

It really does feel like there was a shift that happened. The interest for the first trailer seemed huge, and then it all collapsed quickly.

• paws up 4

On 10/12/2024 at 6:57 AM, FRANZGA said:

That’s right the movie is just bad bad :nickiha:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,001
On 10/11/2024 at 9:41 PM, Aloe said:

That’s right the movie is just bad bad :nickiha:

Spoiler

It’s okay if that’s your opinion, but using the emoji feels excessive imo especially to those who are sad with the movie’s performance 

:tea:

On 10/12/2024 at 8:52 AM, Emi said:
  Hide contents

It’s okay if that’s your opinion, but using the emoji feels excessive imo especially to those who are sad with the movie’s performance 

:tea:

I do find the movie tanking to be hilarious because that’s prob what Todd envisioned when he made it :mess:

A Popster Is Born 17,577

The movie isnt really that bad, idk if it's me being a liddo talking but yeah it's not perfect but 3/10 is tew much

But it is what is :arguega:

I mean, Barbie is Universally Acclaimed but I would give that film 3/10 :billie:.. we all have different preferences and taste and I guess majority of the audience&critics genuinely found JFAD atrocious 

Edited by FRANZGA
  • love 1