Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popstanne 5,916
On 10/10/2024 at 7:48 PM, Hags Labs said:

I do not get the ARTPOP comparisons cause yeah the movie bombed but it is nowhere near to the level of criticism and hate that she received during the ARTPOP era. If anything, she is getting the backslash from incels and Marvel fans, as expected. During ARTPOP, she had the GP, media and anyone coming at her. This time around, is not the case 

On 10/10/2024 at 7:49 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Please I love Joker 2 very well, but let's not deny the fact it's only getting huge hate tsunami from everyone (not in comics movies fans). 

Even my parents who not following a single pop culture stuff knew it was panned :enigma:

The ARTPOP era backlash was about her figure as popstar in first, she was the target, the project itself wasn't the flop some people made out of it, just an underperformance compared to her previous albums but it did decently well overall charts wise and on MC is also green.

Outside of forum-twitter stans nobody consider this project a flop, I would say the general audience maybe is less aware of this project but they don't know the various issues of that era like stans.

JFAD bombing is a much bigger deal for the cost of the movie over this huge box office failure, the big anticipation it had and the critical pans, it's making noise outside of stans world, but sure it's not about her, the issue is that her name is still attached to that project and they heavily used her name to promote the movie in the last month, her name is totally associated with this and she's catching strays over this bombing.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 2,772
On 10/10/2024 at 3:24 PM, Leptine said:

The ARTPOP era backlash was about her figure as popstar in first, she was the target, the project itself wasn't the flop some people made out of it, just an underperformance compared to her previous albums but it did decently well overall charts wise and on MC is also green.

Outside of forum-twitter stans nobody consider this project a flop, I would say the general audience maybe is less aware of this project but they don't know the various issues of that era like stans.

JFAD bombing is a much bigger deal for the cost of the movie over this huge box office failure, the big anticipation it had and the critical pans, it's making noise outside of stans world, but sure it's not about her, the issue is that her name is still attached to that project and they heavily used her name to promote the movie in the last month, her name is totally associated with this and she's catching strays over this bombing.

As much as I think that your point is valid, at the end of the day, yes her name is attached to it BUT it’s the movie itself catching strays and not her as an actress nor as a public figure unlike the ARTPOP era where her integrity as an artist was heavily questioned. I think that makes the difference and a huge one. In fact, most critics highlighted that she has an upcoming album that will keep her busy after this bombage 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 4

A Popster Is Born 17,219
On 10/10/2024 at 7:51 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

Why do you think they would delay the vinyls? Waiting for radio to grow?

well it will be certainly easier to get to beat Tipsy in few weeks than this week

Edited by Replay

Lady Gaga is splashed as well in the Joker 2 epic fail let's be real. Just like Margot Robbie was trashed to death when one of her movies tanked hard saying it was on her while in all honestly she was actually great in what she was doing.

I'm 100% sure Gaga will rise again, but I just hope Gaga's team won't just bury their head in the ground ignoring this when it will be about next project(s) communication. Because they'll have to work a bit harder for sure.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 5,916
On 10/10/2024 at 8:29 PM, Hags Labs said:

As much as I think that your point is valid, at the end of the day, yes her name is attached to it BUT it’s the movie itself catching strays and not her as an actress nor as a public figure unlike the ARTPOP era where her integrity as an artist was heavily questioned. I think that makes the difference and a huge one. In fact, most critics highlighted that she has an upcoming album that will keep her busy after this bombage 

'Catching strays' means that you get hit even if you're not the target.. which it's what happening to her right now, a huge panned flop is still being associated with her name and figure, even if she's not responsible for it, even worst she has been the first victime of a dumb director given she's in barely 30 minutes of 2 hours and half movie.

On 10/10/2024 at 8:46 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Lady Gaga is splashed as well in the Joker 2 epic fail let's be real. Just like Margot Robbie was trashed to death when one of her movies tanked hard saying it was on her while in all honestly she was actually great in what she was doing.

Sadly it's this.

• thanks 1

On 10/10/2024 at 9:53 PM, 0707alp said:

Going to the gay club wearing my Artrave Gaga seashell bikini merch. Istanbul is shook.

Literally on my way to a hyperpop girl night including Gaga with a friend I met on Gagadaily wearing Gaga merch while listening Harlequin. How much more of a gay or monster can I get? (It is the friend who works at Universal Music)

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,989
On 10/10/2024 at 3:46 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I'm 100% sure Gaga will rise again, but I just hope Gaga's team won't just bury their head in the ground ignoring this when it will be about next project(s) communication. Because they'll have to work a bit harder for sure.

and we will be here supporting her no matter what. Movie was not great, it flopped. Really sad.

we survived ARTPOP era we can survive everything

:gaga-thanks:

• paws up 6
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 46,489
On 10/10/2024 at 8:05 PM, 0707alp said:

Literally on my way to a hyperpop girl night including Gaga with a friend I met on Gagadaily wearing Gaga merch while listening Harlequin. How much more of a gay or monster can I get? (It is the friend who works at Universal Music)

Well you know what to do!

• paws up 1