Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 32,236

Sorry MissAsia but you’re annoying a little? bit! October just started, just be patient a minute. We’ve been waiting for 4 years, 11 more days won’t be too much for you.

• paws up 6
  • thanks 10
  • lol 2

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, am I the only one who prefers the soundtrack version of Folie à Deux instead of the Harlequin version? It’s so dark and haunting! Love it! Wished it was a little longer tho.

• paws up 6
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,317

Also fans come and go frequently, many swifties only joined the fanbase after folklore or Midnight and many of her old fans have became causal listeners when they hit 30s.

Same thing happens to Liddos, it's just that Gaga hasn't had a massive era since ASIB to draw new listeners. But with the recurrence of BTW hits, it's perfect time to release LG7 with edgey EDM music.:gaycat:

• paws up 10

A Popster Is Born 12,075
On 10/7/2024 at 12:28 PM, DonnieDarko said:

We’re talking about her fanbase, which has shrunk significantly due to various reasons, one of them is releasing jazz and hav music instead of pop bangers. Do I feel alienated or scared away? Nope. I appreciate her artistry and will stick around forever but I can easily see why casual fans left. 

They’ll be back when she returns with pop music, just like they came back when she released SL

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster This Way 899
On 10/7/2024 at 5:30 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Her jazz releases are great. The fact that she’s not bashed for them is also a sign that she’s doing it right. She’s not a critics darling and never will be so having a jazz record at 73 points is basically a confirmation that she’s doing very good. 

Well.. asib is very loved by critics..also I think it is the era with most grammy wins..if she puts out good music people will follow...after all this bland pop music that sounds the same, people want a typical gaga banger with a huge chorus

The Fame Popster 320
On 10/7/2024 at 10:13 AM, Adarsh said:

It is bad and it has scared away listeners. She should just retire from music now. People are listening to DWAS only because they think it’s Bruno featuring some random woman. 

You sound so foolish. 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 41,777
On 10/7/2024 at 11:30 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Her jazz releases are great. The fact that she’s not bashed for them is also a sign that she’s doing it right. She’s not a critics darling and never will be so having a jazz record at 73 points is basically a confirmation that she’s doing very good. 

I don’t think people realize just how truly how much it does for Gaga’s image.

I went to a family party this weekend and the VERY FIRST THING that my Nana came up to talk to me about was “Harlequin”…she had a list of notes/reviews of songs track by track breakdown etc.

My nana is classically trained and is literally in love with Gaga’s jazz music, my nana constantly checks out Gaga releases like “Die With A Smile” and “Happy Mistake” and even makes the effort to go see Gaga’s movies BECAUSE she respects her so much because of her records with Tony Bennett and her jazz releases.

I know the Spotify generation doesn’t love it, but I think people really under estimate just how much Gaga has been able to increase the fans under her umbrella if you will…it used to be just young gays but now at Gaga concerts you see EVERY DEMOGRAPHIC. That’s BECAUSE of her ability to genres switch. We truly stan a LEGEND.

STNePTv.jpeg

• paws up 9
  • shook 1
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 8

The Popster 223

An ideal gaga album would be (it’ll sell millions): :party:

ARUTW sounding song with her angelic vocals 

DWUW like banger with a killer beat (hire DJWS)

JUDAS a signature gaga pop song + it HAS be controversial 

HEAVY METAL LOVER a song targeted to gays

TELEPHONE a feature with campy lyrics and video 

PERFECT ILLUSION a song where Gaga screams a lot

911 re release as a love letter to this popa 911 website 

:party::prideheart:

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 2,816
On 10/7/2024 at 12:27 PM, MissAsia said:

They told us they had great things planned ...i don't believe them anymore....also we are almost in the middle of october and we don t have news about the first single

It’s time to stop posting nonsense :awkney:

ARTPOPster 1,317
On 10/7/2024 at 11:35 PM, Lazz Monster said:

They’ll be back when she returns with pop music, just like they came back when she released SL

Some fans are acting like she's still a new hot pop girl who's fighting for a seat in this industry. :icant:

We need to keep in mind that she's 37 years old and most of her peers are either in hiatus, retired or flopped into oblivion at this point.We should be grateful that she still has the passion to sing pop songs for us.

• paws up 4
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 19,589
On 10/7/2024 at 5:38 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I don’t think people realize just how truly how much it does for Gaga’s image.

I went to a family party this weekend and the VERY FIRST THING that my Nana came up to talk to me about was “Harlequin”…she had a list of notes/reviews of songs track by track breakdown etc.

My nana is classically trained and is literally in love with Gaga’s jazz music, my nana constantly checks out Gaga releases like “Die With A Smile” and “Happy Mistake” and even makes the effort to go see Gaga’s movies BECAUSE she respects her so much because of her records with Tony Bennett and her jazz releases.

I know the Spotify generation doesn’t love it, but I think people really under estimate just how much Gaga has been able to increase the fans under her umbrella if you will…it used to be just young gays but now at Gaga concerts you see EVERY DEMOGRAPHIC. That’s BECAUSE of her ability to genres switch. We truly stan a LEGEND.

STNePTv.jpeg

Sure and I agree wholeheartedly. We were just talking about low numbers for Harlequin and how it’s not what makes this fanbase horny. 
STNePTv.jpeg

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 34,570
On 10/7/2024 at 5:38 PM, BruceWayneOnMe said:

PERFECT ILLUSION a song where Gaga screams a lot

:party::prideheart:

I'll pass

spacer.png

• lol 4

A Popster Is Born 12,075

Gaga performed on a talk show for the first time since forever for a side project

I’m not worried about LG7 promo at all

just relax and enjoy DWAS slayage till it comes, and it will come this month

• paws up 5

Popster This Way 899
On 10/7/2024 at 5:34 PM, Gabi said:

Also fans come and go frequently, many swifties only joined the fanbase after folklore or Midnight and many of her old fans have became causal listeners when they hit 30s.

Same thing happens to Liddos, it's just that Gaga hasn't had a massive era since ASIB to draw new listeners. But with the recurrence of BTW hits, it's perfect time to release LG7 with edgey EDM music.:gaycat:

Taylor fanbase grew with her...and after folklore other fans joined the fandom..even after the 2016 huge backlash she had a great era with reputation

Gaga fanbase was never as big as taylor fanbase..gaga fandom collapsed because she stopped caring about her music career ....Also she waited too long between artpop and Joanne and she wasn't very open to collaborations

Pop-a-911-ster 41,777
On 10/7/2024 at 11:40 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Sure and I agree wholeheartedly. We were just talking about low numbers for Harlequin and how it’s not what makes this fanbase horny. 
STNePTv.jpeg

Well yeah obviously, Jazz music doesn’t and will never sell. I’ll never understand why people are constantly shocked that it doesn’t sell well and then always talk about how it’s gonna impact her commercial career.

when literally she has over 100M monthly listeners, people are  surely overdramatic with the whole “scaring people away” when more people are listening to Gaga than ever before in their whole life (on Spotify)

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,075
On 10/7/2024 at 12:42 PM, MissAsia said:

Gaga fanbase was never as big as taylor fanbase..

Now that’s just wrong, LMs were clearly the biggest fan base during 2010-2013 (up there with beliebers and directioners)

• love 5

ARTPOPster 1,194
On 10/6/2024 at 6:21 PM, Fame Romance said:

So you are telling me that y’all were ranting for weeks nonstop for it to do ok in the end? 
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

It’s not doing ok at all 😭

• shook 1
  • hugs 1
  • lol 1