Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 19,600
On 10/6/2024 at 9:13 PM, ARTPOP said:

I was wondering why I have this account muted. Turns out it's an annoying liddo :icant:

Wait, I just checked and I have him blocked too.

:icant:

• lol 4

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kindness Admin 7,948
On 10/6/2024 at 3:13 PM, PanPikus said:

Oh sorry @admin, but ain't nobody reading that essay :billie:

Imma go run and listen to Happy Mistake to cleanse my mind, hahaha.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 6
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,336
On 10/6/2024 at 9:14 PM, admin said:

Imma go run and listen to Happy Mistake to cleanse my mind, hahaha.

Love the counter productivity :gaycat:

• lol 2

Popster This Way 884

Harlequin as an album makes me appreciate more Gaga the artist. LG7 is looking like her most promising body of work since BTW.  She mentioned in her Vogue interview, she is in much better space than the time she made Chromatica, she writes music from a happy space. I think we will be surprised in a good way.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,089
On 10/6/2024 at 10:04 PM, admin said:

I don’t need to deep-dive into this again, but Grace says positive and negative things about all sorts of people in the industry. She is well-informed and her opinions may be wrong sometimes (even all the time, who cares), but she’s not just trying to hate on Gaga (I won’t deny there are some people she dislikes like maybe Jessica Chastain - didn’t know that - or James Gunn) - but Gaga is for SURE not one of them.

HoG was pretty mixed in the end, but it definitely wasn’t a runaway success. It did OK by some measurements. Whereas Joker 2 is a MASSIVE bomb that WILL impact everyone involved. Obviously Gaga doesn’t deserve nearly as much as Todd, but the people making these decisions care about one thing - MONEY. So yes, producers will be less inclined to take on Gaga from that perspective. Are they the only people in the room? No. Would this mostly impact 200 million budget films, probably. That said, I do disagree with Grace - I don’t think this is will hurt her much if at all.

People expressing their opinions are fine. But people are attacking Grace like she’s called Gaga some talentless hack. Most people don’t like the movie and it’s a massive bomb - one the biggest downfalls of a film in YEARS. Saying it will impact Gaga’s career isn’t some evil master plan, it’s a pretty easy take to have - like BE SERIOUS.

Again, I think she’s WRONG, but some of the responses are insane. Grace has been producing 3-5 hours of content per week for over a DECADE and people want to highlight a handful of small clips and tweets that are negative about Gaga ignoring the context or the WAY WAY WAY more clips where she praises her? That’s genuinely sad, misleading and waste of everyone’s time. I think bringing up HoG’s mild critical reception, Gaga’s noms and its box office are all great points. But dragging her as an OGH and unfair is insane. You can do those things without being a jerk, we should try not be jerks. HoG was a disappointment and Grace has always highlighted her performance in that movie over and over and over again.

I’m sorry, I’m not annoyed because it’s Grace (although obviously I love her), but because people are so ridiculous and cruel and unfair. Like do we need to be so short sided and desperate? Gaga is in a giant flop right now, that’s sad but also ok. We’ll be fine and so will she. 

I love how you skipped everyone that was part of that conversation, and quoted me, the only person who didn't want to participate in the conversation :icant:

Anyway, idk what she said, but I trust your judgement and you're probably right :snake:

It's time for everyone to move on from the Joker era

aretha franklin bag GIF

• lol 13

Popstanne 5,971

Screaming at monsters after pretending to be soccer moms for years now they're pretending to be incels DC stans :icant:

• lol 21

Popster to Popster 2,857
On 10/6/2024 at 10:57 PM, Leptine said:

Screaming at monsters after pretending to be soccer moms for years now they're pretending to be incels DC stans :icant:

I love us :icant:

• love 3

A Popster Is Born 17,219

lady with fried hair remains well known for being misogynist :arguega: can we stop discussing her now

Edited by Replay
  • thanks 2
  • lol 9

Popstanne 8,451

I have to say all this hate-train had put my expectations to the pits and I ended up liking the movie! Maybe not as much as the first one but a solid 7/10 for me

Spoiler

Both Joaquin and Gaga served good acting. The cinematography and editing are good as well. Gaga couldn't definitely be labeled as lead imo, despite her aura always being around.

As regards the musical part, I kinda expected it to be more and all over the place looking at the reviews, but it actually wasn't. Surely there were a couple of sequences with too much music elements going on (iirc the waltz scene being preceded by another piece was a bit long to go through) and looking unnecessary but it wasn't disturbing overall.

As many pointed out I've found the plot kinda pointless and I didn't get the ending, but as much as I'm concerned not any movie or series I watch present this extraordinary development of events, so a product being entertaining and visually pleasing is still enough to me. 

Edited by Thrasher
  • paws up 6
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,093

Anyways, back to tracking #1s with 1k streams :applause:

AM Armenia

#1 (+1) DWAS *new peak*

49th #1 on AM

Spoiler

Algeria
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Belize
Bolivia
Bhutan
Brazil
Cayman Islands
Cyprus
Denmark
Fiji
Iceland
Indonesia
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Laos
Lebanon
Luxembourg
Macau
Madagascar
Malaysia
Maldives
Malta
Mauritius
Micronesia
Mongolia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Oman
Papua New Guinea
Peru
Philippines
Portugal
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Solomon Islands
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
United Arab Emirates
United States
Taiwan
Thailand
Vietnam
Yemen

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 59,944
On 10/6/2024 at 9:57 PM, Leptine said:

Would @Putascript with 39 liddo mutuals in common with me lie about being a comics incel??

:icant:

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 12,336
On 10/6/2024 at 9:57 PM, Leptine said:

They heard Gaga's career is 'over' because of JFAD flop and had to come up with something quick to save mother :delulu_bird:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
On 10/6/2024 at 5:44 PM, ReadyGaga said:

mark my words... after the release of this movie THE STRANGE CHARACTERS WILL INCREASE in our fandom

(I would make certain "fans" run with a stick)

What Do You Mean Jennifer Lawrence GIF by First We Feast

• thanks 1
  • lol 8