Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

On 10/5/2024 at 5:17 AM, Adarsh said:

I just hope Gaga hasn’t been pulling a Cher behind the scenes by rejecting good roles.

Did you guys know Cher was offered Thelma & Louise, Chicago, Fatal Attraction, Tootsie, The Bridges of Madison County and even The Addams Family :dead: Many of the actresses who took these roles were nominated and even won Oscars :dead:

Gaga should stop chasing an Oscar for awhile.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 10,515

Seeing the Wikipedia page go from “mixed reviews like the original” to “mixed to negative reviews” to “negative reviews” :billie:

• sad 3
  • lol 3

Popstanne 5,485
On 10/5/2024 at 3:47 PM, Adarsh said:

I just hope Gaga hasn’t been pulling a Cher behind the scenes by rejecting good roles.

Did you guys know Cher was offered Thelma & Louise, Chicago, Fatal Attraction, Tootsie, The Bridges of Madison County and even The Addams Family :dead: Many of the actresses who took these roles were nominated and even won Oscars :dead:

My gawd

On 10/5/2024 at 5:25 AM, Stats4LG said:

Seeing the Wikipedia page go from “mixed reviews like the original” to “mixed to negative reviews” to “negative reviews” :billie:

Wonder Woman 1984 had a similar trajectory. DC has a huge problem.

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,584
x3

All these D and 30/100 scores:katy:

The new Katy Perry :applause:

Cleanse your ear by hearing this critical and commercial success 

A Popster Is Born 19,585
On 10/5/2024 at 12:35 PM, little legend said:

All these D and 30/100 scores:katy:

The new Katy Perry :applause:

Cleanse your ear by hearing this critical and commercial success 

Bad Habits was not a critical success, love. 

A Popster Is Born 19,585
On 10/5/2024 at 12:32 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Wonder Woman 1984 had a similar trajectory. DC has a huge problem.

As a matter of fact, WW1984’s reception was nowhere near as bad as JFAD’s and the audience liked the movie. I think we should aim much lower if we want to compare JFAD to anything. But do we have to? Let it die.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,777

so i did a little research and found out that my two fav tom cruise movies, Eyes Wide Shut and Vanilla Sky, both had D cinemascore. And even jennifer lawrence had an F cinemascore movie called Mother!

I guess a below D score equals "classic":laughga:

Edited by nydedan
  • love 2

Popster for Sale 59,939
On 10/4/2024 at 11:39 PM, Miaou said:

I truly think it's ONLY the typical DC fanboys who are hating this movie cause they can't stand musical elements in a superhero movie

They were the first to watch the movie cause they are stans of the Joker personnage in its superhero vision but I think the GP will like the movie in the long run 

Yeah I think this is totally what’s happening

To give an example my bf who mostly gives straight vibes (you know him) didn’t like it cuz he doesn’t like musicals (except very rare exceptions like ASIB which I forced him to watch :icant:and he liked it cuz the music was amazing and perfectly blended into the movie), but he loves action and superhero movies and he kept saying that the Joker character in previous movies like Batman etc was way superior 

on the opposite side my 2 female friends who went with us loved the musical parts and didn’t even find that there was THAT much singing, and that was kinda my vision too

I enjoyed the movie with the only exception being the ending and the last ~30 min after a strange plot twist after which nothing made sense to me anymore 

GODGA was amazing in her acting and singing, I’m glad we got Harlequin to get into the movie’s songs

• paws up 2
  • love 5

Popster for Sale 44,038
On 10/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, Fame Romance said:

I enjoyed the movie with the only exception being the ending and the last ~30 min after a strange plot twist after which nothing made sense to me anymore 

Spoiler

I think this is a huge problem. A lot of people don’t get it. They think Joker was just killed off and didn’t get that the actual Joker was born.

Spoiler alert

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 1
  • shook 4
  • thanks 3

ARTPOPster 1,777

Terrible cinemascore often occurs when the ending of a movie p*sses off its audience because they will score the movie right after the ending. I bet if you poll them several days later their reactions would be softer

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,038
On 10/5/2024 at 11:58 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

And what if it’s Good Morning :whatga:

Then it will be a good evening

• yaas, gaga 1