Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 1,741

Box Office: 'Joker: Folie à Deux' Makes $7M Previews, Thumbed Down by Fanboys (deadline.com)

"While many knew this Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga combo would be challenged in the fact that it was a musical, the fanboys full out rejected the sequel last night on PostTrak with a 1/2 star and 40% positive. Holy guacamole, Batman."

It received 0.5/5. This is literally the worst score possible.  This is worse than Megalopolis, Madame Web and Morbius. 

Edited by Azor Ahai
  • sad 1
  • lol 7

Popster This Way 834
On 10/4/2024 at 10:25 AM, Gypsy Life said:

The 2nd most popular song on IG Reels for Gaga after CTY now is.. That's Life. 4.1k reels. Interesting.

That’s Life is the most meme-able, and if Gen Z picks it up, it’ll go crazy. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,042
On 10/4/2024 at 4:45 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

@BenG do you have an update for the 1B record please?

Daily streams required

• 100 days to 1B streams: 9,768,930 streams (52 days remaining)
  • #1 fastest to 1B streams: 8,609,905 streams (59 days remaining)
  • #2 fastest to 1B streams: 8,063,244 streams (63 days remaining)
  • End 2024 with 1B streams: 5,644,271 streams (90 days remaining)

As of Wednesday's update

• paws up 5
  • thanks 3
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 11,002

Netherlands' Singles Chart

Dutch Top 40

#1 (=) Die With A Smile (*third week at #1*)

Full chartrun: 26-7-4-2-1-1-1

• paws up 9
  • yaas, gaga 4
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 41,768

The way Gaga basically hasnt mentioned JFAD on Instagram/Twitter for WEEKS

:rip: she really knew this was heading for a BOMB after Venice hence her switch to Harlequin & LG7

Im glad she’s stopped basically promoting the movie, I truly think that Gaga KNEW they were trying to use her as a the “face” of this movie and they were probably hoping Gaga would take the fall for any bad reception and she was like “NOPE! Imma stop promoting this and let me go do my own spin off album and talk about that instead f- yall”

:giveup: Queen sh!t

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 12,644
On 10/4/2024 at 12:52 PM, Azor Ahai said:

Box Office: 'Joker: Folie à Deux' Makes $7M Previews, Thumbed Down by Fanboys (deadline.com)

"While many knew this Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga combo would be challenged in the fact that it was a musical, the fanboys full out rejected the sequel last night on PostTrak with a 1/2 star and 40% positive. Holy guacamole, Batman."

It received 0.5/5. This is literally the worst score possible.  This is worse than Megalopolis, Madame Web and Morbius. 

Well to be fair its not just the fanboys. It seems like most of the public dislike the movie

A Popster Is Born 12,062

We need to know Gaga’s submissions :lesson:

for sure DWAS will be submitted everywhere possible

but have they submitted SSOH for rock performance?

what about TCB film for best music film? Or have they completely given up on it?

I need answers :lesson:

Edited by Lazz Monster
  • paws up 1

The Fame Popster 466

Last night I dreamed I was at a screening of JFAD. The cinema was full, but people started to leave ten minutes after the film started and I was like "Who cares, they paid for their ticket".

My subconscious really said business is business :laughga:

Edited by Torn
  • lol 5

A Popster Is Born 12,305

As of now 98 tickets sold for my screening in 2 hours. 2 more and there can be a 100 people in the room etc etc and I'll definitely be at least the one to believe :oscar:

• lol 12
  • love 1

Popster This Way 991

This whole Joker situation really makes me mad and sad. I’m so disappointed at the fact that now most of the GP will attribute the film’s failure to the new addition aka Gaga, and since she’s a musician, they will probably think the tedious musical segments were all because of her. We were all so excited when they announced she was in it, only for it to turn out the way it did :stopga:

Part of me thinks her team knew this would happen which is why they decided to promote Harlequin more than the movie itself and why the LG7 lead will be releasing in the coming 3 weeks lmao

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/4/2024 at 9:53 PM, CHROMATICON said:

This whole Joker situation really makes me mad and sad. I’m so disappointed at the fact that now most of the GP will attribute the film’s failure to the new addition aka Gaga, and since she’s a musician, they will probably think the tedious musical segments were all because of her. We were all so excited when they announced she was in it, only for it to turn out the way it did :stopga:

Part of me thinks her team knew this would happen which is why they decided to promote Harlequin more than the movie itself and why the LG7 lead will be releasing in the coming 3 weeks lmao

No one is blaming Gaga. They just hate the movie because of the controversial ending, which I won’t spoil 

• paws up 3