Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 11,021
On 10/4/2024 at 12:10 PM, BenG said:

Official audio for FaD (soundtrack version) on YouTube has a whopping 300 views after 6 hours :icant:

Doesn't matter; she is an indie artist now :applause:

• lol 1

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Popster Is Born 11,021
On 10/4/2024 at 12:10 PM, BenG said:

Official audio for FaD (soundtrack version) on YouTube has a whopping 300 views after 6 hours :icant:

Doesn't matter; she is an indie artist now :applause:

Edited by JennyWayne
delete it fat

Popster This Way 980

Doesn't matter; she is an indie artist now :applause:

5HnZKo0.gif

Spoiler

Today marks the worldwide release of indie artist Lady Gaga's $200m-budget movie!

• lol 5

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/4/2024 at 3:56 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The thing is she will come back harder in her movie career now, its clearly the most important thing to her for a while now :icant: LG7 to me just looks a distraction technique rather than a vested interest :rip:

OGHs and PopGa gays and their unholy shared interests will explode on their face as per @Adarsh

She needs to learn from this experience and work with a smaller studio that values their actors more than anything. I’m sure there are many scripts already lined up :flutter:

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 10/4/2024 at 11:29 AM, Rusty said:

Hopefully she finally accepts that she is an asset in the movies she's in, not someone lucky to be there. HoG was saved exclusively by her. Now in JFAD, she's getting a mix of positive reviews and some raves despite her role being substantially reduced. Demand a rewrite if the script f-s you over or better yet become a producer as part of the project so you automatically have more say in the final cut.

That said, A Star Is Born, House of Gucci and Joker: Folié a Deux are all the right choices for her acting career. It's just a shame HoG was too bloated and long, and JFAD apparently decided to bin its original script after shooting it and replace it with a lacklustre, tepid result.

the sad thing is she needed this to smash to come back off Gucci snub, Hand did its job back last year bringing her to the academy but she needed an acclaimed project

the good thing about gaga is she is a fighter, so she'll bounce back into the fold. we've already seen it with DWAS debuting before venice

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/4/2024 at 3:48 PM, DonnieDarko said:

He asked, I replied. I mean, this is a forum after all. 

Haha I didn’t mean you, I was talking about the general conversations. I’m just tired of everyone talking about the same thing again and again 

• paws up 4
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 10/4/2024 at 11:51 AM, Adarsh said:

She needs to learn from this experience and work with a smaller studio that values their actors more than anything. I’m sure there are many scripts already lined up :flutter:

i bet you any money we will hear by jan her next movie. she wont take this lying down!

• paws up 4
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 19,588
On 10/4/2024 at 12:54 PM, Adarsh said:

Haha I didn’t mean you, I was talking about the general conversations. I’m just tired of everyone talking about the same thing again and again 

Oh I know, but people are so, idk, sensitive about it. It’s not the end of the world and as you’ve said it perfectly, she’s going to have scripts on scripts waiting for her, she does not need any kind of rebound, she’s still in the game. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • love 2

Popster This Way 980
On 10/4/2024 at 11:52 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

the sad thing is she needed this to smash to come back off Gucci snub, Hand did its job back last year bringing her to the academy but she needed an acclaimed project

the good thing about gaga is she is a fighter, so she'll bounce back into the fold. we've already seen it with DWAS debuting before venice

That is absolutely not true. She just got a $12m upfront cheque for a film that Todd Phillips will rightly take the fall for. If she were the first-billed then this would be a huge dent in her acting options, but considering a core criticism of this movie is the underwriting and underuse of Gaga, and that she manages to do a decent job despite that, the only real negative for her is that she has let this happen twice in a row (she also received strong positives for HoG and critics hated the third act when she was written out).

Next time around:

• first billing without an ensemble cast of men
  • a film that starts and ends with her as the main character
  • no music

5HnZKo0.gif

• paws up 5
  • thanks 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 14,385
On 10/4/2024 at 4:24 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i bet you any money we will hear by jan her next movie. she wont take this lying down!

She better announce it soon 

Popster This Way 877

HoG was mixed to positive by Critics and the most important  the public actually loved the movie. It had great audience scores and I think the movie didn’t play well with awards due to whatever bias to Ridley Scott. HOG was a clear 8/10 for me. JFAD is like somebody cut a film without doing test screenings. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,318

I really want her next movie to be a heartwarming romcom, with no music and awards intentions. Just having fun. With Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper in the cast, would be interesting :sweat:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,988
On 10/4/2024 at 12:56 PM, OreoÀDeux said:

C'mon guys she didn't work on an entire new album as a "distraction" for a movie flopping. :rip:

But the timing couldve have been decided taking into consideration the reception she expected from thr movie

Popster This Way 703
On 10/4/2024 at 1:10 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Radio update is negative :gaga-scream:

It’s negative for everyone including a bar song, boaf and taste. On pop at least.

taste even fell a position