Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster This Way 657

Just received an ad on Instagram for Happy Mistake by Lady Gaga.

So funny to me cause I feel like Gaga is the pushing force behind promoting the record. And it's kinda too late? Shouldn't the label and Gaga herself be on full force during the album launch?? 

Gaga is suddenly very passionate about this promoting this project. (i feel she saw and streams and sales numbers and be like I got to work for it - but shouldn't she be already expecting the numbers to not do well in the first place with the amount of promo and push by the label??)

Edited by gagaxuan
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,816
On 10/3/2024 at 11:01 AM, gagaxuan said:

Just received an ad on Instagram for Happy Mistake by Lady Gaga.

So funny to me cause I feel like Gaga is the pushing force behind promoting the record. And it's kinda too late? Shouldn't the label and Gaga herself be on full force during the album launch?? 

Gaga is suddenly very passionate about this promoting this project. (i feel she saw and streams and sales numbers and be like I got to work for it - but shouldn't she be already expecting the numbers to not do well in the first place with the amount of promo and push by the label??)

Yes it's clearly not clicking much apart on some niche audience and that's fine. It's pushing great reviews and I'm sure she can grab her usual traditional pop Grammy win with this one.

They should bet everything commercially on LG7

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 29,128
On 10/3/2024 at 2:27 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Oh

I want her or Chappel to win that award over Sabrina 

IMG-4212.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 657
On 10/3/2024 at 5:08 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Yes it's clearly not clicking much apart on some niche audience and that's fine. It's pushing great reviews and I'm sure she can grab her usual traditional pop Grammy win with this one.

They should bet everything commercially on LG7

Yup but the sudden passion in promoting the record to me just sounds a bit out of touch:

1. Either they didn’t realize a jazz record wouldn’t do well and expect fans would eat this up or

2. After the terrible numbers, they decided to suddenly invest more in promotion for Harlequin? 

just seems funny and weird to me

A Popster Is Born 12,304
On 10/3/2024 at 11:39 AM, DonnieDarko said:

She said she’s coming to Poland on the tour!

Ah ok I saw the interview. She said she MIGHT come :katy:

Would be a dream but I don't want to get excited for nothing :bebe: