Charts Discussion : DWAS / Anticipation of LG7 lead

PanPikus

ARTPOPster 1,310
On 10/3/2024 at 3:11 PM, DonnieDarko said:

To you? Sure. To me it’s very entertaining and interesting. I love true crime stories, I love northern Italy and I just enjoyed the movie. 

I do think HoG is entertaining, but I also believe it will be a completely different film if they cast another actress to replace her. She is perfect for that role and she proves that she deserves her acting noms/awards

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster to Popster 4,733
On 10/3/2024 at 2:11 PM, DonnieDarko said:

To you? Sure. To me it’s very entertaining and interesting. I love true crime stories, I love northern Italy and I just enjoyed the movie. 

but had it been any other actress, the appeal wouldn't have been the same and the movie would bomb critically and commercially! 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,875
x2
On 10/3/2024 at 7:02 AM, OliverDespechao said:

idk... He's just.... white:bigbird:

Who is this omg!! Asking for a friend who will pray for y’all in church 

spacer.png

Edited by Delusional
  • lol 4

A Popster Is Born 19,584
On 10/3/2024 at 9:25 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

but had it been any other actress, the appeal wouldn't have been the same and the movie would bomb critically and commercially! 

I mean, we don’t know that. There are plenty of amazing actresses in the world. I was interested in the story long before the movie was created and the film answered my expectations. Gaga made it even better, yes.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 19,584
On 10/3/2024 at 9:47 AM, Delusional said:

spacer.png

I guess you’re not underage anymore.

:ohhh:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,733
On 10/3/2024 at 3:05 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I mean, we don’t know that. There are plenty of amazing actresses in the world. I was interested in the story long before the movie was created and the film answered my expectations. Gaga made it even better, yes.

Evidently and statistically 40% of the viewers came to the theater because Of Gags, while 32% came for the assembled cast and 34% came for the plot, so yes! We actually do know that Gaga saved the movie :icant:

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 19,584
On 10/3/2024 at 10:09 AM, TheCureInChromatica said:

Evidently and statistically 40% of the viewers came to the theater because Of Gags, while 32% came for the assembled cast and 34% came for the plot, so yes! We actually do know that Gaga saved the movie :icant:

If it would have been any other high class talented actress I’m sure she would also bring a lot of audience. So yeah, we know Gaga brought the audience but it doesn’t mean any other top class actress wouldn’t.  Plus I don’t think the movie needed saving. It was good. JFAD on the other hand - nothing will save that because it’s just not good. Gaga did amazing, as usual, but it seems that’s not enough. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,733
On 10/3/2024 at 3:16 PM, DonnieDarko said:

If it would have been any other high class talented actress I’m sure she would also bring a lot of audience. So yeah, we know Gaga brought the audience but it doesn’t mean any other top class actress wouldn’t.  Plus I don’t think the movie needed saving. It was good. JFAD on the other hand - nothing will save that because it’s just not good. Gaga did amazing, as usual, but it seems that’s not enough. 

I do agree JFAD was indeed a FAD, however the liddos better give her her full SUPPORT :icant:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,816

TW minor spoilers 

Spoiler

Not to sound hard but I felt more surprised by Joaquin doing music than Gaga doing Gaga tbh

Mainly why I'm p*ssed she hasn't got more acting parts than musical. I would have gladly switched some of her musical moments with some more acting / dialogues tbh

• paws up 1

Moderator 29,056
On 10/3/2024 at 1:17 PM, Delusional said:

spacer.png

Spoiler

Joey Stefano 

just use reverse image search 

ask your bestie to pray for me

• lol 5

ARTPOPster 1,971

Yeah the issue isn't screen time for Gaga. 

Spoiler

It's character development for Lee. We never get real insight into her mind. Half of her appearances are just Arthur's fantasies. She's a bit of an unreliable narrator so we're left guessing when she's lying and when she's telling the truth, but it doesn't have the charm of a psychological thriller that you would have from more closely examining her psyche.

The changed ending just made it not make much sense anymore. 

Todd got way too carried away with the music. I love music but it was too much telling, not enough showing. The music didn't advance the plot or underscore it subtly like in ASIB. It was used as a replacement for the actual screenplay which is just lazy. 

I'm not bothered tbh. We have a smash single and a lot of new music anyway. LG7 will have at least one hit. :oops:

My dream for her future acting career is a couple of lighthearted romcom type movies not meant for awards to establish herself, then a scream queen cult classic, and finally a big moment with a a talented director (someone with the ability of Christopher Nolan) that lets her shine as Best Actress. :oscar:

Edited by derpmonster
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,971
On 10/3/2024 at 1:24 AM, Daddy said:
  Hide contents

Joey Stefano 

just use reverse image search 

ask your bestie to pray for me

I read about his life and now I'm just sad :cry:

• hugs 3
  • lol 1

Moderator 29,056
On 10/3/2024 at 2:05 PM, derpmonster said:

He passed away at 26 wtf 

• hugs 2

A Popster Is Born 19,584
On 10/3/2024 at 2:05 PM, derpmonster said:

On 10/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, Daddy said:

He passed away at 26 wtf 

Oh no. Thank you for ruining everything. I was going to have some me time. 

• hugs 1
  • lol 12

Pop-a-911-ster 28,875
x2
On 10/3/2024 at 9:36 AM, Daddy said:

He passed away at 26 wtf 

Hello??? Omg :nicki_scream:

• hugs 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,875
x2
On 10/3/2024 at 9:05 AM, DonnieDarko said: