Popster to Popster 4,828
On 10/2/2024 at 10:48 PM, VoldeLorde said:

Metacritic

Hide contents

50/100 (30 Reviews) :rip:

Rotten Tomatoes

Hide contents

51% (76 Reviews)  :toofunny:

I said I would stop looking last night and I kept looking today. Lmaooo. I need to have self control and walk away. I keep magically hoping to see an influx of positive reviews, but that's just not happening. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 1,310
On 10/3/2024 at 11:48 AM, VoldeLorde said:

Metacritic

Reveal hidden contents

50/100 (30 Reviews) :rip:

Rotten Tomatoes

Reveal hidden contents

51% (76 Reviews)  :toofunny:

It’s a panned movie at this point lmao:laughga:

• sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,310

But I sincerely don’t know why HoG was more critical acclaimed than this one:laughga: at least JFAD has no pacing problems 

• shook 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,222
On 10/3/2024 at 5:21 AM, OreoÀDeux said:

70 score is great for a side project, LG7 coming for 85+

This is never happening for a Lady Gaga record. Simply because there are critics that are Madonna’s fans so we’ll have at least some 40s

• paws up 4
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 19,584
On 10/3/2024 at 6:31 AM, Gabi said:

But I sincerely don’t know why HoG was more critical acclaimed than this one:laughga: at least JFAD has no pacing problems 

JFAD is not even half as entertaining as HOG to me, despite being a highly anticipated supervillain movie. It’s often way too slow and boring at places, while HOG was just an entertaining watch throughout the whole film, even with pacing problems. 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 382

Ok back from theater; now I see why it flopped. :icant:

Beware the Spoilers

Spoiler

I don’t even know why this was called Folie a Deux in the first place, the only one who did/was willing to do crazy a** sh!t was Lee. The decision to “redeem” Arthur was awful. That was the worst part of the film, it wasn't even the musical part.

I do feel proud of Gaga, she had decent screen time even if we didn’t get to know much of her story, I was left hungry for more of her

• paws up 4

Popster This Way 640
On 10/3/2024 at 6:31 AM, Gabi said:

Tbh Joker is the bigger project and hence the bigger target of a hate bandwagon. 

I have seen the movie and I think some parts of the critics are valid however I don't get the extend of hate it is getting....

People are like sheeps and they always follow the masses. I didn't get the 143 hate train with a 37 at Metascore because the album is not groundbreaking but not that bad. It would have been received better if it was released by any other pop girl.

On the other side I also didn't get the hype bandwagon of the movie Barbie or the Taytay-Hype. People follow the hype like sheeps here too imho.

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 19,584
On 10/3/2024 at 6:45 AM, ViviLittleM said:

This is never happening for a Lady Gaga record. Simply because there are critics that are Madonna’s fans so we’ll have at least some 40s

I agree. She’s way too polarizing to have a universally acclaimed record. That’s also why I don’t think poptimism is a real thing or at least  in regards to Gaga It’s not as prominent as with other artists.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,977

I am gonna see it on Monday and idk you guys are making me not gonna go anymore :bebe: (mainly because I don't really like movied ik general so I am doing this for GodGa) but I already aaid yes to my friend who asked me to go with him :icant:

Anygays yesterday I finally saw a FAD Billboard here in Barcelona :darkmode: it feels so good to see Godga up there :ohyes: (except when they were advertising the Haus Labs launch in Europe this spring :bebe:)

• paws up 2

The Popster 223

Any hope of jfad being a cute little hit in India is GONE!:ew:

Bookmyshow users are PANNING the movie HARD. Rating it 4.9/10 (4.3k votes):applause:

A UNIVERSAL BOMB!! :giveup:
Chine you are our last hope now:lgbt:

https://in.bookmyshow.com/gurugram-gurgaon/movies/joker-folie-a-deux/ET00352820

Spoiler

Also yesterday i couldn’t keep my mouth shut about the “mixed” reviews. So all 4 of my friends canceled the plan to watch the movie. Now I’ll watch alone next week when the tickets are dirt cheap. 

Loss: ₹2000 🍆😢

Edited by BruceWayneOnMe
Anecdote added
  • shook 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 29,584
x3

I was just watching a random video from greek TV news in 2009 and they have used "Boys Boys Boys" as the background song. Imagine how massive she was that the news would even use a random album track :rip:

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,222
On 10/3/2024 at 7:23 AM, BruceWayneOnMe said:

Hide contents

Also yesterday i couldn’t keep my mouth shut about the “mixed” reviews. So all 4 of my friends canceled the plan to watch the movie. Now I’ll watch alone next week when the tickets are dirt cheap. 

Loss: ₹2000 🍆😢

Messsssss lmao

• lol 1