Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 2,060
On 10/5/2024 at 3:55 AM, BenG said:
  Hide contents

I think this is a huge problem. A lot of people don’t get it. They think Joker was just killed off and didn’t get that the actual Joker was born.

Spoiler alert

Spoiler

I'm convinced that's the case but they left it unclear. People think Lee is a known liar. Was she ever even pregnant? I believe she is and the "visitor" scene confirms that.

Even with that story, they needed to tie it together better than that. Arthur getting killed by a rando makes no sense. His arc from The Joker back to Arthur makes no sense. The guards beat him up and he's back to his senses, really? Likewise, they do no justice to Lee's descent into madness. :eyega:

They should've had a disillusioned Lee kill him on the stairs, which would make for a nice contrast between his fantasy and reality because the real Lee killed him for a completely different reason than the lawyer and Arthur feared.

Then, a disheveled Lee is seen in that old apartment elevator. It's clear her transformation into Harley is complete.

Spoiler

The movie could've ended here if they wanted to keep the possibility of her having become the Joker for a sequel. Or, she gives girth, names her kid "Arthur Jr." and tells him "You were made to make the world smile" as the ending of Build a Mountain plays. :hey_there:

Spoiler

Special DVD alternative ending where she gives herself an abortion at home after Arthur breaks her heart. This is pre Roe v Wade Gotham after all. :enigma:

Edit:

Spoiler

Wait, I thought you meant Arthur and Lee's child was the new Joker :icant: I like that idea because then Joker would coexist with Batman in a timeline that makes a little more sense. 

I did notice the killer carving the Joker smile on his face but if that's the new Joker... Okay, I guess. :bigbird: That's not a compelling ending to me. What's he gonna do next? Have his own trial after? We hadn't even been introduced to this character at all. 

And if it's just about the way Joker inspired the worst in people and turned them into the same, there are way better ways to execute that. 

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 12,120
On 10/6/2024 at 7:51 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Joker 2 is gonna have a lower IMDb score than Machete Kills.

spacer.png

Which would be the proof of the total biased dimension of reviews on Joker Folie à Deux tbh

There's no place on earth where someone with a brain would give a better score to Machete Kills

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,643
On 10/6/2024 at 1:58 AM, VoldeLorde said:

I lowkey wish LG7 wasn’t coming so soon so they could pull a Million Reasons with Happy Mistake, but I will take what we get. Girlfriend is gonna smash so hard DWAS will look like Happy Mistake looks now :enigma:

Im sorry but happy mistake doesn't have the potential MR is a classic 

A Popster Is Born 17,725
On 10/6/2024 at 2:17 PM, Gypsy Life said:

I see they relegated Happy Mistake from Pop to Jazz :jailga:

all of the album is now tagged as JAZZ

:billie:

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,060

The reason that JFAD makes me sad is because you can see all the untapped potential. :katy: The concepts and stories are all there. The idea of highlighting the tragedy over the spectacle is brilliant but you still have to execute it well, and I don't think Todd did. 

Writing off all criticism of the movie as people failing to understand it or incels hating musicals is just wishful thinking. What bothers me isn't that it's a bad movie, it's that there are great ideas there waiting to happen that just didn't happen. :cry:

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • sad 1
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 12,120
On 10/6/2024 at 8:18 AM, Ayobabylon said:

I think Gaga's ballad are always a hit or a miss tbh. Even MR needed to be pushed real hard to end up being a hit. It was hardly making any splash before Super Bowl

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,060
On 10/5/2024 at 11:17 PM, Gypsy Life said:

I see they relegated Happy Mistake from Pop to Jazz :jailga:

Nnnn where are the users doing the discourse about Beyoncé's "genre fraud"? :jailga: Karma comes for liddos quickly. :toofunny:

A Popster Is Born 17,725
On 10/6/2024 at 2:18 PM, Ayobabylon said:

I felt the same kind of feeling i felt with MR and HM's first listens

MR is more catchy with its hook but HM is the better song but dark&deep

ARTPOPster 2,060

I know Interscope/Bobé don't know how to pick leads, but please let it be Girlfriend :pray:

The production sounds radio friendly, could smash for months and even survive the Christmas freeze 

A Popster Is Born 17,725
On 10/6/2024 at 2:46 PM, XXXlop said:

OPENING BELOW ASIB CONFIRMED

This Is So Humiliating GIF - This Is So Humiliating - Discover & Share GIFs

This just so funny to me now.. :icant:

• lol 3