Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 1,762
On 10/24/2024 at 2:32 PM, CHROMATICON said:

I don’t wanna be a Little Complainer but I’m just confused as to how the single is coming in a few hours and there is no single cover, no physicals, no photoshoot, no nothing. It’s weird. :uhh:

Same feelings. Either do complete surprise drop and mention it 12 hours before or actually do full week promo. 

Pop-a-911-ster 24,386
On 10/24/2024 at 2:32 PM, CHROMATICON said:

I don’t wanna be a Little Complainer but I’m just confused as to how the single is coming in a few hours and there is no single cover, no physicals, no photoshoot, no nothing. It’s weird. :uhh:

i mean there have to be physicals since Mr S knows the length and other details right?

Maybe they will start heavily teasing hours before the release in a pop emergency kind of way?

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,367
On 10/24/2024 at 7:32 AM, CHROMATICON said:

The song just needs to be good and catchy like DWAS. The rest will take care of itself.  I guess. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,203
On 10/24/2024 at 8:27 AM, corvus albus said:

I always thought that 911 would've been a better lead single for Chromatica, simply because it would've generated more interest, even if it hadn't performed any better. A lead single that's interesting and gets people talking, even if it underperforms, is better than a lead single that only earns shrugs.

911, the song that is pulling less streams than 2011's Marry The Night? Some of you live in your own bubble. :icant:

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 17,800
On 10/24/2024 at 7:35 PM, Gypsy Life said:

#1 will be 230 pts or less next week

GIF by American Idol

we will be skulldrugging US Liddos if we debut below STUPID LOVE in Streams :arguega:

Popster This Way 936
On 10/24/2024 at 1:45 PM, Osama said:

911, the song that is pulling less streams than 2011's Marry The Night? Some of you live in your own bubble. :icant:

I think the single should have been

RAIn on me

Replay /911

Sour candy

Fun tonight!

A Popster Is Born 11,930
On 10/24/2024 at 1:35 PM, Gypsy Life said:

#1 will be 230 pts or less next week

GIF by American Idol

I can't believe DWAS had to settle for a #3 debut with 236 points and #6 with 253 points in its second week

Gar somehow always manages to release when the charts are at the most competitive :bigbird:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,203
On 10/24/2024 at 8:38 AM, Imtired1616 said:

The song just needs to be good and catchy like DWAS. The rest will take care of itself.  I guess. 

And if it's not, then what? She's coming from a jazz album that no one asked for and a film that was machine-gunned by critics and gp. We need promotion, it's not a choice, it's a need. It's her first lead single in over 4 years that we're talking about.

• thanks 1

Popstanne 6,275

Exactly, the song doesn’t need too much teasing (see Katy), as long as the song and video are good and making noise, the more people will tune in once it’s released like DWAS. 

Also the Judas-BR comparisons choreo wise is good news for TikTok. 

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 4,203
On 10/24/2024 at 8:49 AM, MissAsia said:

I think the single should have been

RAIn on me

Replay /911

Sour candy

Fun tonight!

Unthink then.

It should have been like this:

Alice

Rain on Me

Sour Candy

Babylon

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,359
On 10/24/2024 at 8:56 AM, Osama said:

Babylon

Sadly Babylon didn't include the Bowie sample... it would have smashed!