Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 35,279
On 10/24/2024 at 10:55 AM, OreoDisease said:

I don't expect a big debut at all unless somehow the song or video go viral upon debut. 3-4M seems like a reasonable prediction.

finally you saw the light with reality for Gaga in 2024

I can't believe some people are predicting a 6M/7M debut :rip:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster for Sale 47,158
On 10/24/2024 at 10:01 AM, Miaou said:

finally you saw the light with reality for Gaga in 2024

I can't believe some people are predicting a 6M/7M debut :rip:

I expected more hype on social media ngl, it's VERY mute. Then again, the teasers haven't given much away. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 35,279
On 10/24/2024 at 11:03 AM, Gaga Banana said:

Regarding the numbers, I just want Gaga to feel appreciated making pop music again. Therefore, please buy the single and stream.:cry:

longevity is what I want sis :pray:

SL debuted with 5M and its current daily streams are tragic, not even 400M 5 years later which is bad for the streaming era sadly

Shallow debuted with 2M and its ended up one of the biggest streaming smash 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 24,330

i hope they have a massive promo plan for the era, the silence is really weird atm

she seemed so confident and excited in the music this time and i hope they push it a lot

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 47,158

I also think Harlequin bait and switch kinda hurt her. After not releasing pop music for over a decade, many jokes and viral memes about how she's over pop music, she teases something that seems like it's going to be pop music but then is actually jazz. :icant: 

I think she's in a very "boy who cried wolf" position with casual fans and GP alike. It doesn't matter if the material is good but people are not getting hyped for this one. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 44,768

Nobody apart from diehard fans is going to actively checking out the song tomorrow. There is 0 noise :icant:

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 17,770
On 10/24/2024 at 4:12 PM, Miaou said:

we are not going to be back at #1 WW I fear 

APT is showing stability 

It's ULTRA SMASH in the PH already.. almost everyone knew the song in a short amount of time :dead:

Pop-a-911-ster 24,330
On 10/24/2024 at 12:04 PM, OreoDisease said:

I expected more hype on social media ngl, it's VERY mute. Then again, the teasers haven't given much away. 

i think they’ll start teasing during today up until the release

Spoiler

atleast i hope :bigbird:

i miss the pre-ROM meme era

• paws up 1

On 10/24/2024 at 11:05 AM, Miaou said:

longevity is what I want sis :pray:

SL debuted with 5M and its current daily streams are tragic, not even 400M 5 years later which is bad for the streaming era sadly

Shallow debuted with 2M and its ended up one of the biggest streaming smash 

I have faith in Cirkut. He made that Ava max song Sweet But Psycho that was going upwards the charts 2018-2019 globally. Halloween We Are Back GIF by BuzzFeed

Popster for Sale 47,158
On 10/24/2024 at 10:07 AM, BenG said:

Nobody apart from diehard fans is going to actively checking out the song tomorrow. There is 0 noise :icant:

I liked the teasers but they have been very difficult to care about for non-diehard fans. I wonder what's the plan here, maybe they think the music video will bring a lot of attention to the song and don't want to give it away?

A video of her running from a car in a nightgown is not going to do the trick I fear.

• lol 1

Popstanne 8,530

Yeah honestly I couldn't care less for a 6-7M debut as long as the song grows/remains stable in streams throughout the week

Let's prepare already for the drop in positions since Tyler The Creator drops on Monday

• love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 24,330
On 10/24/2024 at 12:11 PM, BenG said:

For reference, WW debuted with 2.86M with no TTH placement.

the bar is on the floor :applause:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,074

You all need to lower your expectations i think only the core base is aware at this point. Probably gonna do like 4M with average playlisting.

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 24,330

I have faith in them and I am really excited about the new era

maybe they are really confident in the sound and MV and believe it will go viral or appeal to the younger generation?

obviously i want chart success for her as well but most of all i need the song/album to be good and speak for itself

• thanks 6

A Popster Is Born 11,846

The way BTW will have 9 tracks past the 100M-streams mark once Americano and HML reach it 6 months from now... her mind

olivia-wilde-olivia-wilde-nodding.gif

Edited by JennyWayne
  • love 3

Popster This Way 775
On 10/24/2024 at 11:20 AM, boobatella said:

I have faith in them and I am really excited about the new era

maybe they are really confident in the sound and MV and believe it will go viral or appeal to the younger generation?

obviously i want chart success for her as well but most of all i need the song/album to be good and speak for itself

Yeah I think it is quite too calm right now however I have the feeling they have some suprises up until Halloween and I think Michael brought some fresh and innovative ideas for the lead.