Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 2,893
On 10/24/2024 at 12:56 PM, FRANZGA said:

I'm blaming Harlequin & JFAD for killing the HYPE

Spoiler

Yeah I can't shake that feeling ngl :rip: like yeah we just heard an entire album from her even if she didn't write most of it, we had Happy Mistake, the performance, and a movie with a lot of negativity, so all of that makes the hype much less than if she was dropping a new song after years of not releasing anything. Still, this is shaping up to be something excellent

• sad 1

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop-a-911-ster 24,386
On 10/24/2024 at 1:00 PM, corvus albus said:

Honestly, I kinda hoped everybody was excited for the drop, but I guess everyone is more excited to meltdown

same everyone already has the mindset that the song is SL 2.0, the era will be a flop and the fact that we are finally entering a new era is nothing special

and i just know some of the users will switch and start hating on the song if it does badly charts wise even if it’s a good song.

Edited by boobatella
typo
  • thanks 7

Popster for Sale 44,814
On 10/24/2024 at 10:56 AM, boobatella said:

poor @danwasd i hope the unemployment checks come through

Not a great era for rodents like squirrels and chipmunks

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 13,284
On 10/24/2024 at 10:56 AM, FRANZGA said:

I'm blaming Harlequin & JFAD for killing the HYPE.. it felt like LG6.5 Billboard tease created more buzz or am I tripping :katy:

I know the narrative will be ‘too close to Xmas freeze’ and the ‘jazz album killed her’ but…  let’s not also forget how horrendous PI and SL and even lowkey before that applause’s lead rollout before -  so I can totally get it too.

As long as it’s an amazing song what could you ask for. the main thing is JFAD should’ve propelled her not put her on the back foot

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

A Popster Is Born 17,799
On 10/24/2024 at 6:13 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I know the narrative will be close to Xmas freeze and the jazz album but let’s not forget how horrendous PI and SL and even lowkey applause lead rollout were, so I can totally get it too. As long as it’s an amazing song what could you ask for

Yeah, i just want to have an excellent lead that is far greater than STUPID LOVE

A Popster Is Born 12,294
On 10/24/2024 at 12:00 PM, corvus albus said:

Honestly, I kinda hoped everybody was excited for the drop, but I guess everyone is more excited to meltdown

Aren't people here meltdowning for a 10M streams update, what were you expecting ? :ally:

Popster to Popster 4,203

Yes, less than 4M with TTH is going to be tragic when even the late Katy Perry debuted with 2.2M without TTH, period.

If that happens I blame the panned movie, LGJazz 6.5 and the lack of promotion.

• sad 1
  • thanks 2

Moderator 17,736
On 10/24/2024 at 12:16 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Aren't people here meltdowning for a 10M streams update, what were you expecting ? :ally:

That's why I Should've Known Better

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 24,386

I want y’all to support the f out of this release :lesson:

We have been begging for darkGa return for so long and for her to get experimental with her music again. Now she is finally giving it to us :lesson:

I will NOT tolerate y’all dropping the lead after day one and then complaining about the streaming numbers :lesson:

• paws up 12
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,203

For me, Harlequin was a pointless release (not to mention the mess with physicals and lack of promotion).

Like, we get that she loves that genre, but nobody is here for jazz in 2024, let alone jazz covers of songs from 100 years ago that have already been covered 500 times by 500 different artists...

Had she announced Disease following the success of DWAS, the hype would have been much higher.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,315
On 10/24/2024 at 7:29 AM, boobatella said:

I want y’all to support the f out of this release :lesson:

We have been begging for darkGa return for so long and for her to get experimental with her music again. Now she is finally giving it to us :lesson:

I will NOT tolerate y’all dropping the lead after day one and then complaining about the streaming numbers :lesson:

We will do what we can but the thing is theres little that we can do if her own hag team doesnt do their job when it comes to promoting it and make it recognizable to the GP :lesson:

Spoiler

fvck you bobby campbell 

A Popster Is Born 19,875
On 10/24/2024 at 12:35 PM, Hags Labs said:

We will do what we can but the thing is theres little that we can do if her own hag team doesnt do their job when it comes to promoting it and make it recognizable to the GP :lesson:

Hide contents

fvck you bobby campbell 

Bobby Campbell is not responsible of promoting Lady Gaga’s new releases. There is a manager for that at Interscope. 

Popster to Popster 4,203
On 10/24/2024 at 7:33 AM, Osama said:

For me, Harlequin was a pointless release (not to mention the mess with physicals and lack of promotion).

Like, we get that she loves that genre, but nobody is here for jazz in 2024, let alone jazz covers of songs from 100 years ago that have already been covered 500 times by 500 different artists...

Had she announced Disease following the success of DWAS, the hype would have been much higher.

+ She should have only dropped Happy Mistake as a standalone single instead of Harlequin. Had she done that, I'm sure the song would still be on Global Spotify today.