Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 35,330
On 10/24/2024 at 10:55 AM, OreoDisease said:

I don't expect a big debut at all unless somehow the song or video go viral upon debut. 3-4M seems like a reasonable prediction.

finally you saw the light with reality for Gaga in 2024

I can't believe some people are predicting a 6M/7M debut :rip:

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster for Sale 47,217
On 10/24/2024 at 10:01 AM, Miaou said:

finally you saw the light with reality for Gaga in 2024

I can't believe some people are predicting a 6M/7M debut :rip:

I expected more hype on social media ngl, it's VERY mute. Then again, the teasers haven't given much away. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 35,330
On 10/24/2024 at 11:03 AM, Gaga Banana said:

Regarding the numbers, I just want Gaga to feel appreciated making pop music again. Therefore, please buy the single and stream.:cry:

longevity is what I want sis :pray:

SL debuted with 5M and its current daily streams are tragic, not even 400M 5 years later which is bad for the streaming era sadly

Shallow debuted with 2M and its ended up one of the biggest streaming smash 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 24,386

i hope they have a massive promo plan for the era, the silence is really weird atm

she seemed so confident and excited in the music this time and i hope they push it a lot

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 47,217

I also think Harlequin bait and switch kinda hurt her. After not releasing pop music for almost half a decade, many jokes and viral memes about how she's over pop music, she teases something that seems like it's going to be pop music but then is actually jazz. :icant: 

I think she's in a very "boy who cried wolf" position with casual fans and GP alike. It doesn't matter if the material is good but people are not getting hyped for this one. 

Edited by OreoDisease
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 3

Popster for Sale 44,814

Nobody apart from diehard fans is going to actively checking out the song tomorrow. There is 0 noise :icant:

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 17,799
On 10/24/2024 at 4:12 PM, Miaou said:

we are not going to be back at #1 WW I fear 

APT is showing stability 

It's ULTRA SMASH in the PH already.. almost everyone knew the song in a short amount of time :dead:

Pop-a-911-ster 24,386
On 10/24/2024 at 12:04 PM, OreoDisease said:

I expected more hype on social media ngl, it's VERY mute. Then again, the teasers haven't given much away. 

i think they’ll start teasing during today up until the release

Spoiler

atleast i hope :bigbird:

i miss the pre-ROM meme era

• paws up 1

On 10/24/2024 at 11:05 AM, Miaou said:

longevity is what I want sis :pray:

SL debuted with 5M and its current daily streams are tragic, not even 400M 5 years later which is bad for the streaming era sadly

Shallow debuted with 2M and its ended up one of the biggest streaming smash 

I have faith in Cirkut. He made that Ava max song Sweet But Psycho that was going upwards the charts 2018-2019 globally. Halloween We Are Back GIF by BuzzFeed

Popster for Sale 47,217
On 10/24/2024 at 10:07 AM, BenG said:

Nobody apart from diehard fans is going to actively checking out the song tomorrow. There is 0 noise :icant:

I liked the teasers but they have been very difficult to care about for non-diehard fans. I wonder what's the plan here, maybe they think the music video will bring a lot of attention to the song and don't want to give it away?

A video of her running from a car in a nightgown is not going to do the trick I fear.

• lol 2

Popstanne 8,533

Yeah honestly I couldn't care less for a 6-7M debut as long as the song grows/remains stable in streams throughout the week

Let's prepare already for the drop in positions since Tyler The Creator drops on Monday

• love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 24,386
On 10/24/2024 at 12:11 PM, BenG said:

For reference, WW debuted with 2.86M with no TTH placement.

the bar is on the floor :applause:

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,074

You all need to lower your expectations i think only the core base is aware at this point. Probably gonna do like 4M with average playlisting.

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 24,386

I have faith in them and I am really excited about the new era

maybe they are really confident in the sound and MV and believe it will go viral or appeal to the younger generation?

obviously i want chart success for her as well but most of all i need the song/album to be good and speak for itself

• paws up 1
  • thanks 6

A Popster Is Born 11,928

The way BTW will have 9 tracks past the 100M-streams mark once Americano and HML reach it 6 months from now... her mind

olivia-wilde-olivia-wilde-nodding.gif

Edited by JennyWayne
  • paws up 2
  • love 3

Popster This Way 777
On 10/24/2024 at 11:20 AM, boobatella said:

I have faith in them and I am really excited about the new era

maybe they are really confident in the sound and MV and believe it will go viral or appeal to the younger generation?

obviously i want chart success for her as well but most of all i need the song/album to be good and speak for itself

Yeah I think it is quite too calm right now however I have the feeling they have some suprises up until Halloween and I think Michael brought some fresh and innovative ideas for the lead.

• paws up 1