Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARTPOPster 1,236

The way every possible type of Oscar campaigning is probably cancelled (roundtables, "secret" screenings followed by Q&A's, dinners with voters, award ceremonies etc) :bradley:

And the way they probably planned the album release around the movie campaign, in order to create sinergies between LG7 and JFAD's awards buzz :overit:

Wonder how this will affect LG7's rollout, as Gaga's schedule has been cleared for this Q4 and 2025's Q1.

Edited by XXXlop
  • sad 1
  • lol 2

Popstanne 6,136
On 10/12/2024 at 5:23 PM, Supersonic said:

Can I say something without getting crucified? :mess:

Gaga's net worth being announced as nearing 1 billion USD, while the rest of the world is in a recession and the majority of the people WW struggle to put food on the table.... doesn't bode well for good physical CD/Vinyl sales. Hell, even I delayed getting my hands on a Harlequin and DWAS physical, because I literally cannot afford it rn. 

Reveal hidden contents

Especially because Gaga's fanbase explicitly is not upper class white girls that blow through their daddy's money like Taylor's fanbase is.  :dead:

You didn't say anything wrong, years ago I used to spend thousands of Euro for Gaga in rare cd single editions, vinyls, foreign editions, rare magazines, even got that numbered TFM edition with the piece of wig inside, I still own that sh!t in a closet collecting dust, in the last years I haven't bought anything of that, the last thing I bought was the digipack Chromatica album that I casually found (given cd shops in my country are basically dead) and that was my only copy..

I still love the physical copies but I have honestly other priorities, as long as you support her with streams I think it's more than fine.

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 6,136
On 10/12/2024 at 11:03 PM, XXXlop said:

The way every possible type of Oscar campaigning is probably cancelled (roundtables, "secret" screenings followed by Q&A's, dinners with voters, award ceremonies etc) :bradley:

And the way they probably planned the album release around the movie campaign, in order to create sinergies between LG7 and JFAD's awards buzz :overit:

Wonder how this will affect LG7's rollout, as Gaga's schedule has been cleared for this Q4 and 2025's Q1.

I don't think she had roundtables and that kind of Oscar campaign booked, usually that stuff is last minute booked properly based on reception of movies-performances, Gaga-JFAD have been dropped from pundits predictions since Venice, I don't think the LG7 rollout will be affected or was planned based on that.

If anything I think she planned the first single this period because she was aware that she wouldn't have Oscar chances given also how limited her role is in the movie.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,105
On 10/12/2024 at 4:44 PM, PanPikus said:

Since it's a slower time in our thread, let's discuss how we would like the announcement and release to look. 

The teasing should definitely be top of the top to hype the fanbase first of all, and then also make GP interested. 

Starting on Monday? my vision :

After this silence, first post on Twitter, just a hashtag, #LG7 or #LG7EraBegins . Same can be posted as plain text on insta, with that Gaga's font. 

Few hours later a cover and title of the single with the date of release for Friday. 

Next day 10-15 seconds snippet. And later a video still. 

Next day , a short clip from the music video and countdown to release on Youtube and Spotify like for Harlequin release. 

Next day, Gaga singing a part of the song in her house, car or somewhere else. Post from the studio or selfie. Maybe a short live on insta to share her excitement about the release. 

Friday. Song release with radio deal, hopefully great playlisting all over the world and lyric video. Music video premiere Friday afternoon. Maybe some tv appearance. 

Few days later Gagavision would be cute too. 

I could see her posting a cryptic/enigmatic teaser that doesn’t give out any information just so she can start getting her fans hyped about it. This could be done at night. Hours later at noon on Monday, the official artwork and name + date of release. The next day she can start posting lyrics or billboards or even tease the song. Wednesday a snippet of the song with mv teaser (this is when she can upload that snippet to tiktok/IG). And on Thursday we wait patiently  :jam:

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 873

If Gaga had to join a comicbook IP, WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE DC??? :bebe: Imagining her in the MCU on the magic side with Wanda and Agatha :bebe: Agatha All Along is perfect for her :bebe:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,615
On 10/12/2024 at 12:56 PM, Gagacharts said:

Are the Billboard units lower than the RIAA units? It was at 1x Platinum after a little over 4 weeks. 

I forgot to reply, but that tweet was posted at the end of its 5th week, which coincides with TOTC's data too. 1.01M in 5 weeks.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,258
On 10/12/2024 at 6:30 PM, VoldeLorde said:

If Gaga had to join a comicbook IP, WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE DC??? :bebe: Imagining her in the MCU on the magic side with Wanda and Agatha :bebe: Agatha All Along is perfect for her :bebe:

Sis. Marvel sucks too. DvsW was a messy pile of trash. It just made money. Why even do a CBM? :bebe:

Edited by Imtired1616
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,964
On 10/12/2024 at 6:30 PM, VoldeLorde said:

I'd rather her be in a commercial and critical flop that at least mirrors her darker imagery than the cornball CGI fest that is MCU :cm: at least Joker 2 is pretty to look at.

Edited by 0606060
  • paws up 5

ARTPOPster 2,107
On 10/13/2024 at 6:30 AM, VoldeLorde said:

i think everyone would have jumped on the chance to star in Joker 2 at the beginning because they thought Todd would have cooked a great script. Joaquin also had the prestige actor reputation which was a good selling point.  The whole way this situation turned out is truly one for the books :icant:

Edited by Aloe
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 2,873

I FINALLY got to go see Joker FAD (though there was a bombing on my way there :bebe:

Yall.. they literally had this fake AI poster up at the cinema :icant: and this is not a regular occurence I've never seen such a thing

20241012-165045.jpg

I checked their website and THIS is the trailer they have for the movie :icant: 

• shook 1
  • hugs 1
  • lol 25

Popster to Popster 4,154

Youtube Weekly Top Songs:
 #2 (=) Die With A Smile — 49,948,098

Youtube Weekly Top Music Videos:
#3 (+1) Die With A Smile — 24,091,609

Youtube Weekly Top Artists:
#17 (=) Lady Gaga — 114,167,643

Edited by kékette
  • paws up 11