Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 17,354
On 10/12/2024 at 1:51 PM, Fame Romance said:

Songs exist in the context so it would’ve had less units 

spacer.png

what does this even mean :excuseme:

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popster for Sale 60,100
On 10/12/2024 at 1:54 PM, Replay said:

what does this even mean :excuseme:

Consumption was higher overall then so now it would’ve done less

especially with pure sales collapsing 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,354
On 10/12/2024 at 1:55 PM, Fame Romance said:

Consumption was higher overall then so now it would’ve done less

especially with pure sales collapsing 

yeah but without leaks and with well received song that can be combatted :arguega:

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 10/12/2024 at 12:53 PM, Replay said:

well yeah maybe, but my point about single still stands, do you reallly think they planned to drop another single in-between DWAS smashing and LG7 lead coming any day. HM was never a single and was never meant to be one

It was a promotional track, it was meant to be that and that’s why it sticks out like a sore thumb on that album lol. The performance was more a branding/PR move to show her talent in the midst of another rocky road. Liddos will attack mistake, but mistake  will win in the end !

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,104
On 10/12/2024 at 1:45 PM, Azor Ahai said:

Album tracks don't get TTH playlisting and live performance. It flopped and they pulled the plug. 

It received more playlisting than Katy's singles. 

A lot of album tracks get playlisting when the album is released and this doesn't make them singles per se and Gaga has performed plenty of non-singles on TV like Gypsy, ARTPOP (S), Joanne (s) way before the Piano version and video release etc

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 17,725
On 10/12/2024 at 7:45 PM, Azor Ahai said:

Album tracks don't get TTH playlisting and live performance. It flopped and they pulled the plug. 

It received more playlisting than Katy's singles. 

THIS,

I would be the no.1 or last stan of HM but there's no denying how it was pushed in its first week but BOMBED unfortunately

Moderator 30,080
On 10/12/2024 at 5:41 PM, hennywise said:

I've investigated and looked for evidence

spacer.png

It’s giving 

• lol 8

Popstanne 8,479

The definition of singles has kinda become borderless in the streaming era, as for Gaga it actually started in like 2013 since many singles always seemed to lack something promotionally wise 

But when you release an album in 2024 you need to put emphasis on something to advert to it, Happy Mistake having 80M playlisting or a TV performance doesn’t make it a proper single imo, it looks more like a promo single in the vein of Sour Candy 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 17,725
On 10/12/2024 at 8:24 PM, Thrasher said:

The definition of singles has kinda become borderless in the streaming era, as for Gaga it actually started in like 2013 since many singles always seemed to lack something promotionally wise 

But when you release an album in 2024 you need to put emphasis on something to advert to it, Happy Mistake having 80M playlisting or a TV performance doesn’t make it a proper single imo, it looks more like a promo single in the vein of Sour Candy 

yeah, it's a PROMO Single

• paws up 1

Popstanne 8,479

I’d be fine with Oct 25 for LG7 lead, if it has a dark spooky vibe it could be good for its 2nd week starting on Halloween night 

I don’t see the DWAS vinyls as a problem, it would still be more activity for her and I think LG7 lead will get some items too on debut week 

Moderator 17,634

Btw, this was a year ago. This is not even the first time people here were surprised by Rod Wave, despite him having really solid top 3 debuts for his albums since 2020.

• paws up 1