Charts Discussion : DISEASE out this Friday!

PanPikus

ARTPOPster 1,236
On 10/12/2024 at 7:36 AM, kékette said:

France: No "Harlequin" in Top 20 Albums this week, so less 2,5k units (aka physical CDs & vinyls since the album did like 3 premium streams), it's much less than LFS.

I think I have some missing information... something is wrong, or maybe it's just a flop.

I just don't understand how could her team release a Jazz album without having the physicals ready in-stores! Like were they expecting it to be a streaming smash? But even then, nowadays you just CAN'T to not have physicals ready on release week.

Terrible management.. 

Edited by XXXlop

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popstanne 6,136
On 10/12/2024 at 8:53 AM, Gaga Banana said:

He says he likes Harlequin and Gaga singing jazz. I think the title is bit clickbait like most joker headlines for clicks.

He trolls a bit but he supports Gaga, I have dealt with him in the past for similar articles but he’s harmless at the end, he’s just not aware in this case that Harlequin can’t be considered like a proper album in studio.

Pop-a-911-ster 35,035

The numbers for Harlequin everywhere are tragic 

JFAD bombing hard 

oh Thank you DWAS cause I think we wouldn’t survive 

Edited by Miaou
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 13,279
On 10/12/2024 at 8:57 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Honestly I'm fine with saying JazzGa is tanking, it's just her doing some covers like she has done it too many times in the last decade. Most of the fanbase will never like it and the GP generally just don't find it surprising / interesting anymore.

I still have Harlequin on replay, I trully like it anyway :tea:

All her smash eras since 2014 were for pensioners or songs like shallow and DWAS (male x female ballad). A far cry from Brit’s POP artistry  

ARTPOPster 2,240

Gaga should do one of the Ryan Murphy Netflix shows next. They are all hits and Ryan really understood her during American Horror Story. It would take some of the load from her back beacuse it is a show and could still put her on top spot. Not AHS tho, it sucks now.

Edited by 0707alp
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,128
On 10/12/2024 at 11:10 AM, 0707alp said:

Gaga should do one of the Ryan Murphy Netflix shows next. They are all hits and Ryan really understand her during American Horror Story. It would take some of the load from her back beacuse it is a show and could still put her on spot. Not AHS tho, it sucks now.

A Monster season would be amazing or Grotesquerie season 2

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,643
On 10/12/2024 at 2:27 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

At least she got a timeless solo hit with ‘Texas’ (for her standards)

idk about timeless when it comes to longevity in streams but THE definitely is very different than rest of #1s of 2024 n even her past #1s 

She is loved for her vision n obscurity more than her success which is also there but beyoncé is bigger than her numbers

Her discography is unique n immensly acclaimed thats her show off 

Popster for Sale 46,917
On 10/12/2024 at 9:57 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

At least she got a timeless solo hit with ‘Texas’ (for her standards)

Is it timeless with those recurrent numbers? I feel like people got annoyed with it fast

• thanks 3

Popster for Sale 46,917
On 10/12/2024 at 10:09 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Cowboy Carter was so overrated imo. If Gaga released that it'd be called inauthentic and tryhard.

Critics got behind it as they do to anything Beyoncé releases but I feel like the GP wasn't impressed. Is it really her Chromatica if it's doing worse than C in Beyoncé's strongest market?

• paws up 1
  • thanks 4

A Popster Is Born 17,354
On 10/12/2024 at 10:19 AM, XXXlop said:

I just don't understand how could her team release a Jazz album without having the physicals ready in-stores! Like were they expecting it to be a streaming smash? But even then, nowadays you just CAN'T to not have physicals ready on release week.

Terrible management.. 

she didn't care because it was never about smashing, and like they probably weren't ready completely (which is why they limited it to us store) and dropping it later wouldn't make sense

The Fame Popster 269

Beyonce's brand is so tarnished now with all the conspiracy theories. I think she's gonna lay low for a couple years before releasing a new album.

Edited by hennywise

A Popster Is Born 17,725
On 10/12/2024 at 2:21 PM, Gabi said:

JFAD is currently the most pre-booked film in China

(don’t put your hope on Chinese tho, they hate musicals:laughga:)

I remember when we were like, "oh 1B is possible" when we heard about JFAD showing in China

• lol 2